Union City Golden Tornadoes 2016

BigSwo

Bigswo, in reference to the Munford game, you pretty much hit it on the knob I believe. Yes I have no doubt that y'all are stacked and have a great program! But Munford, unless something has changed in a year is a subpar program. I saw them scrimmage about 2 years ago against another smaller program and they were basically run-ruled in that one too. Taking nothing away from UC.

Thanks P&G. I feel better after hearing that. I wasn't trying to raise any doubts about our boys. I was searching for some perspective. This information helps with that. I'm very excited about seeing our boys slug it out with two quality teams this afternoon. Oh yes! I will be there for this one. GO TORNADOES!

Thanks P&G. I feel better after hearing that. I wasn't trying to raise any doubts about our boys. I was searching for some perspective. This information helps with that. I'm very excited about seeing our boys slug it out with two quality teams this afternoon. Oh yes! I will be there for this one. GO TORNADOES!

I wish I could say different but Im not sure East Hickman will be much competition for the Tornadoes. Yes we are a 3A team but coming off a 2-8 season and 1-9 last year. Have a new coach and things are looking good for the future but its going to take some time.

ath Today is gonna be a test of conditioning. This is a dangerous heat wave. I'm praying for no injuries and no one succumbing to this awful heat. I know these kids are tough and have been preparing for this but today has been one of the hottest days I can remember. Best of luck to you and your guys. I hope we can all be safe when it's over.

ath Today is gonna be a test of conditioning. This is a dangerous heat wave. I'm praying for no injuries and no one succumbing to this awful heat. I know these kids are tough and have been preparing for this but today has been one of the hottest days I can remember. Best of luck to you and your guys. I hope we can all be safe when it's over.

Thanks BigSwo and the same to your team

Okay I wasn't there for the entire scrimmage. It was delayed because of a thunderstorm that came in with lightning and a lot of wind. At that point I left to get a bite to eat and when I returned East Hickman and Ripley were going at it. Not sure what happened before that but UC took the field and put up 4 scores on somebody. I'm not sure which team because it was getting dark. We played a defensive series against EH and gave up one score on a long run. Overall I would say we did very well against these 2 larger schools. I believe 1A has a serious threat coming from the Tornadoes once again this season. GO TORNADOES.

I'm all about UC, but I saw a lot of room for some serious improvement. Maybe it was the heat this week. The boys looked flat on both sides of the ball. Not crisp at all. I know that Ripley and EH are larger schools, but they are nowhere near tops in their classes. Just think we need better effort from the line. They are way more capable of what they showed tonight. FB is relying on his size and not his strength. Guess I'm expecting dominant play way to early. Our guys are way above nearly all of the rest of 1A, but they need way more polish to get to Cookeville. IMO.

Okay so now we have a couple of different perspectives. Fallguy and I saw things a little differently. I thought the veer worked like it does. It draws you in and then burns you. On defense we gave up two big plays while I was there, obviously I can't say what happened after the delay until I got back at least. Ripley had some good penetration on several plays but we got that worked out. They have loads of speed and athletes every where. Once we adjusted I thought we found our groove. East Hickman. ....don't know what to say about them. I was sitting at the far end of the practice up close to the road and it was getting dark and hard to see. I know that we gave up one long play that appeared to be a busted play that just worked out in their favor. I did see too many missed tackles. We made contact early and didn't wrap up and let some guys get up field a little bit. Overall I think we did very well. Our guys play both ways and these two teams had an offense and a defense with fresh players coming in each time. Can someone else comment and give us your take on the scrimmage?

I think it's valuable to scrimmage against bigger schools...Those kids play against better competition and bigger, stronger, faster kids...They are kind of shell-shocked a little when they play us, figuring we are 1A and won't give them much of a game...Any time you can compete against that type of team it's a bonus...It will also help when we transition back up to 2A...JMO...I'm really interested how we do in the dress rehearsal vs Haywood County at the Dburg Jamboree...

Anyway, GO TORNADOES !!!