Union City Golden Tornadoes 2016

BigSwo

You could be right. I was just pointing out that everyone is expecting Dresden and Union City to be competing for this region. I think it will be between Union City and Peabody because I think Dresden is not as well coached as the other two. If anyone should be mad at me, it's Dresden fans.

Edited by TrojanTrain

Peabody has picked up an assistant coach that could be a concern for all opponents. We'll still be planning on thumping them.

Maybe we'll have a few tv banners made for pregame festivities.

I know the new assistant personally. He was a great player and is an excellent coach. And a stand up guy. Peabody will recover from losing 25 seniors very quickly, esespecially with coach Vowell's help.

Union City fans claiming your program is so perfect...tell me what K. Hyde is doing. moreover, 2012... Peabody Union City game. Peabody won. There were no less than 6 players for Union City involved in a huge fight with each other after the game outside of locker room. Zero players suspended. Tell me more about your perfect program. One troubled kid from Peabody and y'all sit on a high horse. Tread lightly.

My son was a senior that year for Peabody. I was feeding the team as our boys were getting on the bus when the fight broke out. No Peabody people spent a year talking about it. These are kids and I'm assuming y'all are grown men. Enjoy the banter with one another. But for crying out loud move on from that night. You don't even know what happened. And Swo, your "circling" of Peabody on your schedule is funny. I don't think your readiness for revenge will impact the game. I enjoy reading your acceptance of compliments on here as though you have something to do with it.

Rocky this is the first mention of a fight or scuffle of any sort after that game from anyone. I don't know what you are talking about. And it's not me who circled the game, it's our players. I will gladly accept any compliment that anyone who comes on our thread and posts something positive about our school system. As for my involvement is concerned, my kids go to school here and my wife works for this school system. So I am involved to that extent. I don't believe anyone here has been on the Trenton thread saying anything to anyone. The only reason we are talking about it now is because TT made his comment so we responded in kind. There is one thing that myself and the rest of the UC support base can count on and that is this. Our coach will never have to write an apology and have it posted in the newspaper because of the conduct of one of our players. That one is for certain. We will move on from that night in a few weeks. Don't worry.

I regret the "compliment" part of my post because I am the same way. My father, brother, and son played for Peabody. You should understand we are similar. We take a lot of pride in our school as well. The point is the fight happened...I saw it. I mentioned a young man's name earlier to let you know all programs have had similar players. We as adults should be prayerful that those kids turn from their ways. Not continue to talk about them, especially 3 months after they've graduated. I look forward to the game this year. Your guys will be ready as always. So will ours. It'll be a great atmosphere.

Rocky you have my respect. I guess we all here at UC were just shocked by what Malone did after the game. It's not just the locker room stuff with the TV, it was how he came through our crowd screaming and yelling " The streak is over" No one in the crowd cared about that streak and we hardly spoke of it. I suppose it just struck a wrong cord with us and then it was compounded by what happened after. As for me I'm not gonna speak of it again. You are right. It's time to move on. Good luck.

People in Trenton were sick after learning of the situation. We were certainly not proud. I'm not on the inside anymore but Coach Jacobs was there in 2012. I know him pretty well. I think he was in a tough spot with everything. Knowing him and reading the apology, I feel it was sincere and meant for everyone offended. I just hope this rivalry continues as two programs that respect each other, not two programs that hate each other. That's unhealthy and not the intention of high school football. If we are separated next year, I hope we can continue our game. It would be a shame if we didn't get to see it.