6A Region 1 2016

Governm

Discuss.

We know Maryville will run away with it. That's a giving. Who's gonna finish the other top 3 spots to stay home for the first round? Could Bearden get lucky again and finish strong to take the number 2 spot again? Did SH lose a lot of starters? DB? What are they looking like? It will take Bradley a lucky game or 2 to maybe finish in the top 4. I don't think we'll have that momentum again this year. Offense will be killer. Defense will need some work. Was WB a young team last year? 2-5 will be fun to watch!

WB lost about 10 or so seniors, but our QB and best skill players are back. Our starting rb was just a sophomore last year and he has really put on some muscle and looked very impressive in the spring scrimmage. The team as a whole has had a great offseason in the weight room. Numbers are way up too. Last year, we dressed 48 on friday nights and we have 80+ this year. We have two new guys on the team that will be big contributors at a receiver position that was already pretty strong. In my opinion, WB's offense will be very strong and will score points in gobs. The only question is the defense. To put it bluntly, we have nowhere to go but up as far as defense goes. If our defense improves, we'll be very competitive in every region game but Maryville. I am excited to see how improved we will be on friday nights this year compared to last year.It will be interesting! Looks like the region will be tight for 2-7 again.

Edited by Governors91

My pics for finish of order

Maryville 7-0 (even better than last year)

Bradley Central 6-1 (QB Copeland POY)

Dobyns-Bennett 5-2 (much improved)

Science Hill 4-3

Bearden 3-4

Hardin Valley 2-5

Jeff Co.1-6

William Blount 0-7

WB returns a lot and Jeff Co lost a lot and had to replace their head coach right before spring practice. I dont see Jeff Co finishing ahead of us.

WB returns a lot and Jeff Co lost a lot and had to replace their head coach right before spring practice. I dont see Jeff Co finishing ahead of us.

I only have the teams from last year to go on with that... really. Beat those Pats. DB and Jeff County do not play well together. They didn't like loosing to the Indians every single game during 5-A District 1 and it was obvious to everyone that they took cheap shot after cheap shot in those games. So they finally got 1 victory over DB in football last year... will prob. be the last one

My pics for finish of order

Maryville 7-0 (even better than last year)

Bradley Central 6-1 (QB Copeland POY)

Dobyns-Bennett 5-2 (much improved)

Science Hill 4-3

Bearden 3-4

Hardin Valley 2-5

Jeff Co.1-6

William Blount 0-7

I like your thinking bud, but we do not finish 6-1 in our region. We will take our lumps this year. Each year there is that 1 or 2 games that we should win, but we end up blowing, rather it's from the team not playing together as a team or our bone head OC that actually costs is a game or 2 each year. We have got to get through all

These mental mistakes we keep having. Like the Bearden and SC games last year. 2 heart breaking losses on the last play of the games. Our mistakes! Until I can see our OL, I won't be sold on a 6-1. We looked darn good and our 2 spring scrimmages. Man handling Baylor and beating Soddy Daisy, but those are scrimmages and means jack.

Heck I've been talking to a few Bears parents and they don't think we will even beat our cross town rival Walker Valley. If we don't beat them, we are in for a very long season. I say 5-5 or 6-4 is the best we will do.

I only have the teams from last year to go on with that... really. Beat those Pats. DB and Jeff County do not play well together. They didn't like loosing to the Indians every single game during 5-A District 1 and it was obvious to everyone that they took cheap shot after cheap shot in those games. So they finally got 1 victory over DB in football last year... will prob. be the last one

Jeff Co is in a situation similar to the one we were in last year. Their new coach didn't start until right before spring practice. Plus they lost their best playmakers to graduation. They will probably have a rough go of it this year.

I like your thinking bud, but we do not finish 6-1 in our region. We will take our lumps this year. Each year there is that 1 or 2 games that we should win, but we end up blowing, rather it's from the team not playing together as a team or our bone head OC that actually costs is a game or 2 each year. We have got to get through all

These mental mistakes we keep having. Like the Bearden and SC games last year. 2 heart breaking losses on the last play of the games. Our mistakes! Until I can see our OL, I won't be sold on a 6-1. We looked darn good and our 2 spring scrimmages. Man handling Baylor and beating Soddy Daisy, but those are scrimmages and means jack.

Heck I've been talking to a few Bears parents and they don't think we will even beat our cross town rival Walker Valley. If we don't beat them, we are in for a very long season. I say 5-5 or 6-4 is the best we will do.

I am pretty sure everyone but Maryville lost more than one region game last year. Correct me if i'm wrong.