Waverly Central VS Lewis County

vandyfan1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, if you had a son playing on either of these teams would you get on a public website and announce that you are picking the other team to win?

I'm not sure...never been in that situation. I will say that he's probably a man of character for saying so, and that if he'd picked his son's team it wouldn't change the score of the game. If I remember correctly, he had good things to say about LC, and that they could win if they played well.Too many kids are coddled and lied to these days...it just might make the kid play/practice harder to hear the truth as his dad sees it, instead of telling him that they would win by 30.

Edited by tradertwo

I call it like I see it. I do believe that we can win. No doubt in my mind. I do believe that we should be undefeated right now and that at the beginning of the season I thought we would go undefeated. but with that said I know that we will have a tough game ahead of us and I tell my son the same thing if we don't play to our potential we will get beat. Im not one of those parents that tell my son that oh you played awesome when you sucked it up. The kids on the team that are close to my son know how I am. I tell them all the truth about how they played. If we play to our potential we cant be beat. My son plays on the OL/DL and Ive told my son if he and the rest of the OL/DL don't block and play to there potential that they will get beat.

I call it like I see it. I do believe that we can win. No doubt in my mind. I do believe that we should be undefeated right now and that at the beginning of the season I thought we would go undefeated. but with that said I know that we will have a tough game ahead of us and I tell my son the same thing if we don't play to our potential we will get beat. Im not one of those parents that tell my son that oh you played awesome when you sucked it up. The kids on the team that are close to my son know how I am. I tell them all the truth about how they played. If we play to our potential we cant be beat. My son plays on the OL/DL and Ive told my son if he and the rest of the OL/DL don't block and play to there potential that they will get beat.

i wish more parents were this way!   

I agree with a lot of what you said but one thing. Sometimes you can play to your potential and still get beat. If the other team is just that good it doesn't matter if you do play with all ya got. You will still take an "L".

I agree with a lot of what you said but one thing. Sometimes you can play to your potential and still get beat. If the other team is just that good it doesn't matter if you do play with all ya got. You will still take an "L".

This is true. A team can be really good but still not be the best.