I voted! I prayed

Blaze45

No we made it some 205 years before slavery began and that was primarily pocketed throughout the south. This country was not built on the backs of slaves, areas no doubt were.Just as areas of the west were built on Chinese immigrant labor, Mexican labor. Your attempted point that it was somehow the wrong doing of the black man  the genocide  as you call it that further perpetuates racism. I will never be a black man nor will a black man never be white, but separation and segregation will be alive as long as you continue to see today's young black man born into a disadvantage and or as the underdog. This is a prime example of holding them captive as perpetual slaves. If you want to be a part of breaking that bond then you have to move out of that or you can forever think someone owes you something (entitled) because of race. I choose to see people for the color of their heart rather than the color of their skin. 

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

No we made it some 205 years before slavery began and that was primarily pocketed throughout the south. This country was not built on the backs of slaves, areas no doubt were.Just as areas of the west were built on Chinese immigrant labor, Mexican labor. Your attempted point that it was somehow the wrong doing of the black man  the genocide  as you call it that further perpetuates racism. I will never be a black man nor will a black man never be white, but separation and segregation will be alive as long as you continue to see today's young black man born into a disadvantage and or as the underdog. This is a prime example of holding them captive as perpetual slaves. If you want to be a part of breaking that bond then you have to move out of that or you can forever think someone owes you something (entitled) because of race. I choose to see people for the color of their heart rather than the color of their skin. 

The genocide was in reference to the Native American's. And slavery was brought over in to the America's in 1619, before the United States was even a country! And just for the record, I'm a white man. I just like to point out truths. There's nothing wrong with pointing out truths that 95% of American's want to dance around. You won't read this stuff in most American History books. It's good to know real history, like Columbus being a genocidal murdering slave trading rapist (while we honor him for a holiday for crying out loud) so we don't repeat these things.

Edited by SaulakaPaul

For the record, slaves were coming to colonial America in the 1600s. That's my only comment.

The genocide was in reference to the Native American's. And slavery was brought over in to the America's in 1619, before the United States was even a country! And just for the record, I'm a white man. I just like to point out truths. There's nothing wrong with pointing out truths that 95% of American's want to dance around. You won't read this stuff in most American History books. It's good to know real history, like Columbus being a genocidal murdering slave trader (while we honor him for a holiday for crying out loud) so we don't repeat these things.

Well great, then we can talk about the fact that I am half Cherokee, and yet I don't cry that your neighborhood is on my ancestors land. Instead I choose to see that because of where we are today we have schools, medical, highways, and things that most 3rd world countries dream of. we are blessed. Yes people suffered,but as a nation we have benefited far greater than we would have otherwise. I don't take gov't grants for school, medical or anything else, because no one owes me.We have sadly taken on the SFN syndrome (Something For Nothing) If you feel that strongly about the wrong doing you can always send me a monetary gift

For the record, slaves were coming to colonial America in the 1600s. That's my only comment.

Yes we did have slaves then.. I  see it from  the discovery to this point the creation of America. since my ancestors lived here well before that Either way, my original point was that praying is a privilledge  and voting is a right, We should do both as the morals, values and principles have eroded to cute cliches on the occasional desk. 

Yes we did have slaves then.. I  see it from  the discovery to this point the creation of America. since my ancestors lived here well before that Either way, my original point was that praying is a privilledge  and voting is a right, We should do both as the morals, values and principles have eroded to cute cliches on the occasional desk. 

I can agree that voting is a right (somewhat). It could also be said that we are all getting played as fools. To be TOTALLY honest with you, I don't have much faith OR trust in our government as a whole. It isn't far fetched to say that the winner of this years election has already been known for awhile. That's how much I trust the US Government. Just being honest.

I can agree that voting is a right (somewhat). It could also be said that we are all getting played as fools. To be TOTALLY honest with you, I don't have much faith OR trust in our government as a whole. It isn't far fetched to say that the winner of this years election has already been known for awhile. That's how much I trust the US Government. Just being honest.

I'm with you SS. Heck, the Dept. of Justice repeatedly "encourages" voter ignorance thanks to their continuous rejection of legislation that would remove party designators from all ballots. It's ridiculous that our own government (all jokes aside) doesn't want us to educate ourselves or do any homework.

That probably explains why we continue to see these ridiculous celebrity endorsements and rah-rah speeches during every single election cycle.

I have little to no faith in our Gov't but I do have a lot of faith in God... no one has to agree with that, but I believe his plan will come to fruition in his timing whether folks are ready or not

I'm with you SS. Heck, the Dept. of Justice repeatedly "encourages" voter ignorance thanks to their continuous rejection of legislation that would remove party designators from all ballots. It's ridiculous that our own government (all jokes aside) doesn't want us to educate ourselves or do any homework.

That probably explains why we continue to see these ridiculous celebrity endorsements and rah-rah speeches during every single election cycle.

I don't have any faith at all in the 2 party system. Honestly, I think the GOP is dying (The Republican Party as we know it). America has become nothing short of an oligarchy ran by big money corporations, and a few elite big bankers, say nothing about Democracy as we know it. But, honestly it has been that way for awhile, it's just really coming to fruition now.

Edited by SweetScience

I don't have any faith at all in the 2 party system. Honestly, I think the GOP is dying (The Republican Party as we know it). America has become nothing short of an oligarchy ran by big money corporations, and a few elite big bankers, say nothing about Democracy as we know it. But, honestly it has been that way for awhile, it's just really coming to fruition now.

Totally agree, SS.

I'll also add this. It's been said countless times in 2016, but this election cycle is a perfect example of how polarized we've become as a nation. We can blame politics, marketing, social media, mass media, etc, but there's no denying that this polarization exists. Apparently there is no "gray area" anymore, or at least it feels that way. Whatever happened to common decency? Whatever happened to respect and reason? Whatever happened to the voice of the moderate? I've become completely apathetic, politically speaking, simply because I no longer believe that my moderate voice will ever be heard (or represented). And I have a feeling that there are a LOT of voters out there who fall into this category, more than enough to swing an election. Unfortunately, our electorate has been convinced that they have two realistic choices (R or D), and nothing more. The "new" GOP is an ultra-conservative mess, while young democrats are bullying their party to become even more liberal. Why on earth are these two parties trying to widen this gap even further? I would argue that our electorate looks like a bell-shaped curve, so where does this leave the majority of voters who fall somewhere in the middle? Up sh*t creek, that's where.

Sadly, without a major political shift (not the one that Bernie Sanders has suggested but one that involves blowing up our current two party system), I don't ever see this mess changing. At this point, I just pray that we can find a way to break this trend, or (at the very least) treat each other with some respect and common decency. If we could all find a way to do that, I think the political and social polarization that we're seeing, along with the media's obsession with it, would burn itself out.

Totally agree, SS.

I'll also add this. It's been said countless times in 2016, but this election cycle is a perfect example of how polarized we've become as a nation. We can blame politics, marketing, social media, mass media, etc, but there's no denying that this polarization exists. Apparently there is no "gray area" anymore, or at least it feels that way. Whatever happened to common decency? Whatever happened to respect and reason? Whatever happened to the voice of the moderate? I've become completely apathetic, politically speaking, simply because I no longer believe that my moderate voice will ever be heard (or represented). And I have a feeling that there are a LOT of voters out there who fall into this category, more than enough to swing an election. Unfortunately, our electorate has been convinced that they have two realistic choices (R or D), and nothing more. The "new" GOP is an ultra-conservative mess, while young democrats are bullying their party to become even more liberal. Why on earth are these two parties trying to widen this gap even further? I would argue that our electorate looks like a bell-shaped curve, so where does this leave the majority of voters who fall somewhere in the middle? Up sh*t creek, that's where.

Sadly, without a major political shift (not the one that Bernie Sanders has suggested but one that involves blowing up our current two party system), I don't ever see this mess changing. At this point, I just pray that we can find a way to break this trend, or (at the very least) treat each other with some respect and common decency. If we could all find a way to do that, I think the political and social polarization that we're seeing, along with the media's obsession with it, would burn itself out.

Well said, Nut. You know what is so funny about this years election? Hillary, who is a Democrat leans more on the side of Conservatism (with the exception of her stance on abortion) with her pro war neo-con beliefs (Bush & Obama were also), while Trump leans more toward a liberal viewpoint concerning war (although you never know with that guy) Clinton, while a Democrat has a lot of views that Ultra Conservative Republicans have, while Trump has a lot of views that most Democrats have, but heck Democrats are now changing to the pro-war stance. But, a lot of Republicans are voting for Trump simply because his stance on abortion, which mind you has changed about 50 times in the past 10 years or so from pro-choice to pro-life. It's all a complete mess.