First AP poll of the new year

12thmanGCA

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What rankings. We have won the last 3 titles and never been ranked number 1. To be honest that is how we like it.

No doubt! Yea, it appears the voters look at records, apparently schedule is not really considered.  If so, you guys should always be at the top. Of course I know that championships are all that matters, but still.

What rankings. We have won the last 3 titles and never been ranked number 1. To be honest that is how we like it.

I don't get why everyone is automatically trying to say that Dubois is the favorite now. Yes Mitchell lacks the bonafied scorer that they've had in the past 3 gold ball quests but i still think the system Mitchell runs will break Dubois. Coach Turner will live with the volleyball line shot attempts and won't allow them to start fast breaks off rebounds as they have done so much this year against the teams they have hung 100 on. They shot it well but not contested well, they don't have a Tyler Harris out there. Hopefully we get the match up during the division tourney. Grad academy is tough too, they are a very scrappy bunch and can beat anyone in A with a little home cooking. But also i wouldnt rule out UC either, they have 8 loses already but only one of those came to an in state opponent, you can't penalize a team because they have played better competition than others. But all in all the AP sucks 

I don't get why everyone is automatically trying to say that Dubois is the favorite now. Yes Mitchell lacks the bonafied scorer that they've had in the past 3 gold ball quests but i still think the system Mitchell runs will break Dubois. Coach Turner will live with the volleyball line shot attempts and won't allow them to start fast breaks off rebounds as they have done so much this year against the teams they have hung 100 on. They shot it well but not contested well, they don't have a Tyler Harris out there. Hopefully we get the match up during the division tourney. Grad academy is tough too, they are a very scrappy bunch and can beat anyone in A with a little home cooking. But also i wouldnt rule out UC either, they have 8 loses already but only one of those came to an in state opponent, you can't penalize a team because they have played better competition than others. But all in all the AP sucks 

TonyG, I hadn't seen them play, of course I was looking at their scores.  Man, I know Memphis has ALOT of talent which is scary for us in Humboldt.  Only a month or so before district tournaments start. it's always super tough getting out of the West.  I'm pulling hard for my Vikings though!  Good luck on yalls season.

TonyG, I hadn't seen them play, of course I was looking at their scores.  Man, I know Memphis has ALOT of talent which is scary for us in Humboldt.  Only a month or so before district tournaments start. it's always super tough getting out of the West.  I'm pulling hard for my Vikings though!  Good luck on yalls season.

It won't take but maybe 5 minutes of watching the games on youtube and you'll be able to dissect their playing style. There was an interesting article in the commercial appeal today also with the coach referencing where he got the playing style from. I'll post it below. Goodluck to all the scrappy guys of A.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/01/11/aaa-basketball-strong-ever/96184132/

It won't take but maybe 5 minutes of watching the games on youtube and you'll be able to dissect their playing style. There was an interesting article in the commercial appeal today also with the coach referencing where he got the playing style from. I'll post it below. Goodluck to all the scrappy guys of A.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/01/11/aaa-basketball-strong-ever/96184132/

Thanks