Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Individual State Predictions -- AAA

• Please log in to reply
    137 replies to this topic

#1 WrestlingGod

WrestlingGod

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,531 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:26 AM

Ok lets get going. List your predictions on finishes below for each weight.

"Wrestling will show you who you are, and make you who you want to be..." Mike Krause

THE WrestlingGod OORAHH!

#2 DaChampsAgain

DaChampsAgain

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,053 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:56 AM

106: Nelson-Tennessee High
    113: Hicks- Bradley
    120: Dooley- Frankling
    126: Wheaton- Soddy
    132: Mcelhaney- Bradley
    138: Ingram- Indy
    145: Fuller- Bradley
    152: Rippy- Beech
    160: Sells- Blackman
    170: Smith- Beech
    182: Fortner- Gibbs Hicks- Cleveland
    195: Johnson- Bartlett
    220: Boeck- Soddy
    HWT: Boykin- Riverdale

Hope I got all the weights right. I give up on all this weight switching!

Edited by DaChampsAgain, 13 February 2017 - 09:57 AM.

#3 asiatic2412

asiatic2412

Trainer

• Members
    • 149 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:06 AM

120 bracket, 7 former medalist. That is death row to whoever comes out. Brutal

#4 mrfixalot49

mrfixalot49

Trainer

• Members
    • 193 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:46 AM

TSSAA has released the brackets.

Edited by mrfixalot49, 13 February 2017 - 10:47 AM.

#5 KingGreene

KingGreene

Competitor

• Members
    • 386 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:59 AM

106: Nelson-Tennessee High
    113: Hicks- Bradley
    120: Dooley- Frankling
    126: Wheaton- Soddy
    132: Mcelhaney- Bradley
    138: Ingram- Indy
    145: Fuller- Bradley
    152: Rippy- Beech
    160: Sells- Blackman
    170: Smith- Beech
    182: Fortner- Gibbs Hicks- Cleveland
    195: Johnson- Bartlett
    220: Boeck- Soddy
    HWT: Boykin- Riverdale

Hope I got all the weights right. I give up on all this weight switching!

At 138 we've wrestled Ingram and Pendley (4 times) and Pendley appears to be the better wrestler there. He has a straight shot to the finals and is my pick at that weight. Ingram will most likely have to get through the winner of Story/Wilkins. He beat Story at Independence this season.

At 170 Smith from Beech actually lost to Smith from WC. I was surprised by that outcome myself but, like you, could see Kyle Smith (Beech) fighting his way back to avenge that loss and winning the entire thing.

At 195, I like your bold pick. I'm not sure if that was just by looking at the rankings or if you've analyzed that bracket, but he will have a tough road to get to the finals having to beat two returning state medalists: Carney and Spangler. But that kid is good!

Just some thoughts. I think 138 is the only one I would have different.

#6 1993Viking

1993Viking

Manager

• Members
    • 28 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:00 AM

At 138 we've wrestled Ingram and Pendley (4 times) and Pendley appears to be the better wrestler there. He has a straight shot to the finals and is my pick at that weight. Ingram will most likely have to get through the winner of Story/Wilkins. He beat Story at Independence this season.

At 170 Smith from Beech actually lost to Smith from WC. I was surprised by that outcome myself but, like you, could see Kyle Smith (Beech) fighting his way back to avenge that loss and winning the entire thing.

At 195, I like your bold pick. I'm not sure if that was just by looking at the rankings or if you've analyzed that bracket, but he will have a tough road to get to the finals having to beat two returning state medalists: Carney and Spangler. But that kid is good!

Spangler pinned Johnson last year at state. 

#7 BrisketTaco

BrisketTaco

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 31 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:14 AM

I saw the match with Kyle smith and Damon Smith and it was an absolutely robbing by terrible refs making terrible calls.

The match before at 160 was also terrible calls from the refs.

Both matches were phenomenal wrestling, and the wrestlers deserve better refereeing than what we saw in those matches

Edited by BrisketTaco, 13 February 2017 - 11:15 AM.

#8 DaChampsAgain

DaChampsAgain

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,053 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:18 AM

Nope, I don't go by rankings lol. If you go by rabkings, you'll lose 80% of the time lol. Just seen brackets and tried to do a little research on some kids and stuff. As I'll tell you, I don't know much bout some West kids, but when you have hours of free time at work, you can do lots of searching lol. Few of my pics could go either way. Some may not see it my way, but I could see R. Hicks pulling off the upset for state. 138 was a tough one for me.

#9 HCWCCoachV

HCWCCoachV

Manager

• Members
    • 25 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:22 AM

120 bracket, 7 former medalist. That is death row to whoever comes out. Brutal

How tough is the quarter with Wysong, Brothers, Hicks, and Dezember?

#10 mrfixalot49

mrfixalot49

Trainer

• Members
    • 193 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:26 AM

Looks like Moore from Arlington dropped to 82. He should give some people a run for their money. Looks like 95 has 3 returnees. That weight could go anywhere especially for 3-6.

Edited by mrfixalot49, 13 February 2017 - 11:32 AM.

Spirit Style Chooser: