Region 3-AAA tournament

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll agree with 90warrior. It does seem odd that the best girls team and the best boys team in District 5 will have home court all the way through the region tourney.

Hey 90 the last time we had a HUGE game at Cleveland we beat V. Yarbrough and company at Cleveland. I was there. :)

I was there too 1998. Brent Jolly couldn't miss that night and a lot of questionable calls too. Great game that could have went either way. White County doesn't have any Brent jolly me now though haha

Help me out here... hasn't Cookeville knocked cleveland off the past 2 years? What has Cleveland done to get to where they are now?? Was the Curry kid not on the team last year?

Same team just more experienced. They were extremely young last year and still are young. I believe they only have 3 seniors so next year the whole starting 5returns. Edited by fooseball95

Help me out here... hasn't Cookeville knocked cleveland off the past 2 years? What has Cleveland done to get to where they are now?? Was the Curry kid not on the team last year?

Their Junior class is very strong. They were sophomores last year, so they are good this year, but will be really good next year (and years to come... thier 10th grade & 8th graders are super-strong as well & they have some good 9th graders too).

They only have 1 senior this year in the top 10-11 that play mostly.

They were also streaky last year, had some nice wins, but also got beat by teams with less talent.

Edited by FootballFan51

Last year's team was young and inexperienced, a team who's best players were sophomores. This year they have more experience, Curry is a much better player this season(should hAve won District 5 player of the year). Next year they should be even better as they return the entire starting lineup and only lose 1 contributer off the bench. The pipeline looks promising also. Edited by clevelandblueraiderfan

Their Junior class is very strong. They were sophomores last year, so they are good this year, but will be really good next year (and years to come... thier 10th grade & 8th graders are super-strong as well & they have some good 9th graders too).

They only have 1 senior this year in the top 10-11 that play mostly.

They were also streaky last year, had some nice wins, but also got beat by teams with less talent.

I saw Cleveland last week at Soddy. Curry is special but my take on them is that those 10-11 that play give great effort and I couldn't tell the difference in the first 5 and the second 5. (except for Curry) Depth is a dangerous weapon.

I saw Cleveland last week at Soddy. Curry is special but my take on them is that those 10-11 that play give great effort and I couldn't tell the difference in the first 5 and the second 5. (except for Curry) Depth is a dangerous weapon.

i agree. I have been saying all year that they have 10-11+ guys that can flat out play ball (probably more than that, but you just can't play everyone).