Predictions for 14AA Baseball

concernedbobcat

SH has a good thing going right now. Hope Lexington can do it this year as well.

Tradertwo I don't think to many teams will beat shhs this year.

We (SH) will be all right, but it's all about getting better through the season...had a pretty good record last year against strong competition, but I think that we needed the losses as much as the wins to get better.

Lexington definitely has the tools to be very good...any team that can pitch and play defense like they do can beat anyone, anywhere, anytime. If the bats get hot I wouldn't want to bet against them.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing Lexington and McNairy , this will be an interesting District. Both of the teams have the talent and the arms to win it. Haven't seen Chester or South Side this year but I predict this to be a very tough District. Good Match ups as usual. I think Lexington has a few more athletes and just a little more Pop from top to Bottom but not sure about their approaches at the plate. 

If McNairy can keep it's composure they can play with anyone in their district.  

This will be a good one to keep an Eye on. Before I would be willing to make a prediction I personally would have to see CC and SS play. They both have very solid Programs and when May Rolls around it's all about Who's Hot and playing the BEST baseball. I don't think there will be just a standout #1 in this district. 

Be interesting to see some of the Coaches Game plans this year with the pitching changes.  All in all though I think 14 AA could make some noise this year. 

As long as we get consistent pitching, I believe McNairy can put themselves in a position to have a great year. But, to make a deep run, we have to play better defense and knock runners in when they are in scoring position. The past few seasons, that is what has kept us from making deep postseason runs. We have left way too many runners on base in scoring position and made a ton of errors and you can't do that against good teams.

Where does Hunter Manness and Heisman fit into Scotts Hill rotation? I expect you guys to be really good this year but also in the years to come. You guys got a good sophomore and freshmen class.

As far as where they fit in to our rotation: 

the word is still out on HM - He could move up. Coach has eased him along . We at SH are very Hopeful. He has really good stuff. Could easily give any team a fit. I will give you my opinion to how our rotation will go this year but As you know this could change. I honestly feel like we have 5 arms to throw at teams with others to come in and get you some innings.  

Russell- Not going to comment due to being related. lol 

Manness and Alexander - both have huge upsides. Both Could PITCH and Should pitch at next Level. IMO. 

Montgomery has lots of movement from left side. has Pitched and Won some Big Games. Very Effective

McPeake - Maybe the hardest kid on the team to square up.(NASTY) 

Austin - has improved a lot and can come in and make some pitches and get you some innings. His development is coming on great. Should be very Solid HS pitcher. 

Pearcy - Strike throwing kid that usually keeps it down. Can get you some innings and get outs. 

Be interesting to see how the Coaches set up the rotations with the pitch count rule. The 3 lefties on the staff could be a big asset. Good problem to have. Very Unique Staff because they all bring something different to the table. And all of them will have a solid D behind them.   

SH has some good young talent. Coach Harken does a superb job in developing talent.  

I will say this about SH...if they keep the walks down. They should compete in every game they play.  

I have said for 3 years now that McNairy has great talent but as you stated , hitting and those errors that keeps them on the field seem to always get them. IMO...its more the mental stuff that seems to be what always get ya'll. IMO it appears at times players try to do to much. I have watched several of those young men over the years play alot of baseball...I personally think that will be better this year. Sometimes it just takes teams a while to get over the hump and learn how to win....I really think that's the issue...Some figure it out and some don't. IMO the pcs are there for you guys....That's why i love this Game...You just never know what you will see happen on that field....

I agree with you. The most important aspect they have to grasp is you got to have productive at bats to win the close and big games. Every at bat does not have to be a hit, it just needs to be productive.

That's good to hear about Manness. He has always had good stuff, but at times he just can't locate it. Once he gets that consistency, he's going to be tough.

The first thing I noticed about Heisman when he came in was how much his velocity had increased.

Teams are lucky to have 1 good lefty on the team but to have 3 is unfair, Lol. Good luck to you guys this year, it should be a very good year for you guys. I know a lot of the younger players on the team, not only you guys going to be contenders this year but for the next few seasons.

After seeing Lexington and McNairy , this will be an interesting District. Both of the teams have the talent and the arms to win it. Haven't seen Chester or South Side this year but I predict this to be a very tough District. Good Match ups as usual. I think Lexington has a few more athletes and just a little more Pop from top to Bottom but not sure about their approaches at the plate.

If McNairy can keep it's composure they can play with anyone in their district.

This will be a good one to keep an Eye on. Before I would be willing to make a prediction I personally would have to see CC and SS play. They both have very solid Programs and when May Rolls around it's all about Who's Hot and playing the BEST baseball. I don't think there will be just a standout #1 in this district.

Be interesting to see some of the Coaches Game plans this year with the pitching changes. All in all though I think 14 AA could make some noise this year.

What appears to be the plate strategy?