Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Mitchell High boys basketball put on 1-year probation

• Please log in to reply
    4 replies to this topic

#1 kwc

kwc

Most Valuable Player

• Members
    • 6,502 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

Mitchell High boys basketball put on 1-year probation

John Varlas , USA TODAY NETWORK – Tennessee Published 7:43 p.m. CT March 23, 2017 | Updated 11:08 p.m. CT March 23, 2017

Mitchell High's boys basketball team has been placed on one years' probation for a pair of incidents at last week's Class A state basketball tournament.In a letter to school principal Kelvin Meeks, the TSSAA informed the school that it was being punished for having unauthorized people in the bench area and for a fan that came out of the stands to confront an official.

The probation will not affect Mitchell's postseason play next year

he TSSAA said the incidents created an unsportsmanlike atmosphere.The school was fined a total of $750 — $250 for the incident and $500 additional for the probation itself.

Mitchell lost to eventual state champion Harriman in the quarterfinals on March 16, ending a run of three straight titles.

Edited by kwc, 4 weeks ago.

kwc
    2016 Class 6A State Champions, 2015 Class 6A Semi-finalist, 2014 Class 6A Semi-finalist2013 Class 6A Quarter-finalist, 2012 Class 6A State Champions, 2011 Class 6A State Runner-up, 2010 Class 6A Semi-finalist, 2009 Class 6A Quarterfinalist

#2 MLREB

MLREB

Record Holder

• Members
    • 3,357 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

Memphis is going to Memphis.....

#3 BIGPURPLEMACHINE

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Most Valuable Player

• Members
    • 5,351 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

Memphis is going to Memphis.....

You know I used to teach and live in Memphis. Been a long time ago but while I was there I worked I a great school with lots of good students, fellow staff members and great parental support. You comments label lots of good people unnecessarily. But I think you already knew that. Low blow indeed.
    MILAN BULLDAWGS- BRINGIN' THE WOOD!!!
    STATE CHAMPS- 71', 77', 98', 99' STATE RUNNER-UP- 93', 08', 09', 11', 12'

#4 tonym3143

tonym3143

Trainer

• Members
    • 105 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

My son plays travel ball in Memphis. We have kids from 5 different Memphis schools and they are all very respectful kids. No need to stereotype. We often play in the Binghamton at Lester Middle and we have yet to have a problem inside or outside the gym.

#5 Galilee

Galilee

Champion

• Members
    • 2,087 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

First it was a fan that came on the court. As for too many people on the bench I am.still trying to fivure that ons out..They only give 7 floor passes and the arena staff enforces that rule well..With that said I did write a corrective action plan and gave it to.the principal to.send to t the TSSAA.

"Children don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care"

Mitchell Tigers 2014, 2015, and 2016 TSSAA 1A Basketball State Champions. 2005 and 2006 Girls AA State Track Champions. 1987, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012 2A Boys Basketball Runner Ups, 1983 3A and 1990 2A Girls Basketball Runner Ups, 2002 2A and 2008 4A Football Runner Ups  

Spirit Style Chooser: