• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Welcome to CoachT.com Message Boards

Take part in our online community by signing up! Get in the game today! This message disappears when you sign in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
K2ruth

Rank the KNOXVILLE teams!

32 posts in this topic

Catholic came up short against Farragut last night but played them tough. Last 2 games were 26-24. Couldn't capitalize on several key points but was a great match to watch!

Farragut's #6 WOW!!! Different level player.

how can CAK be above Catholic after early bird?? I wasn't there but kept up with the scores. Catholic won the silver and CAK got beat in the bronze semifinals. Just would like clarification why you think CAK is still above Catholic.

I think the reason is talent level. CAK is the defending state champion and loaded with talent. I watched a lot of vb this weekend. I would go the following:

Farragut

Webb

Catholic

Harden Valley

CAK

Just based on this weekend. I was really surprised that CAK did not make the gold or silver. There was a clear talent drop off out of the gold and silver.

I stand corrected Knightsfan. Got those two out of order. Thanks. Webb was tough and confident, fun to watch play. They didnt lose a match and made short work of Brentwood. They are the team to beat in Tennessee. 

Do Webb and Farragut play soon? If so that one is on my to do list.

I have watched Bearden a couple of times and I am not real impressed with the coaching.

I was way high on CAK early, think they have the best top to bottom talent in Knoxville. How did they fall so low to Bronze in the Early Bird. Catholic, with less talent did much better. Did CAK have people out?

This is still August, so the teams that have the best coaches will improve the most.

I think the reason is talent level. CAK is the defending state champion and loaded with talent. I watched a lot of vb this weekend. I would go the following:

Farragut

Webb

Catholic

Harden Valley

CAK

Just based on this weekend. I was really surprised that CAK did not make the gold or silver. There was a clear talent drop off out of the gold and silver.

Didn't CAK lose several key players? Edited by IrishBBall

Webb, Farragut and Baylor play a tri match at Webb on September 3. All will be great matches all teams very close. At the Early bird tournament Baylor won the Farragut match 25-23 25-23 and lost to Webb 25-21 25-18. Webb won all matches, clearly the best team there.

I disagree that there was a talent drop off. Lots of talent and lots of great volleyball, very surprising at a early bird tournament. Lots of great players, fun to watch. 

I know where I will be Sept 3!

Irish, not really. They lost a couple of strong players but the talent level is so deep they won't miss them. CAK is much like Webb in that they have a great advantage having middle schools on campus. 8th graders can practice with the high school and the coaches get to direct the feeders.

After this weekend I am sold on Farragut and Webb being the top tier. I think HV will beat Bearden and after Sat Catholic clearly out played CAK.