Union City travels to Poth, TX

fallguy17

44 minutes ago, spfootball09 said:

I like the fact yall travel alot of places to play ball. Pennsylvania, south Carolina, now texas. How does this team match up

We don't know much about their size and speed. Last week's game showed them being 14 for 20 through the air, so that will definitely be a test for us. They are also picked to win their district this year and went 8-3 last season, so it should be a much better match up than the last two out of state adventures. Hopefully we'll be learning more about them over the next 2 weeks. 

We'll keep everyone posted as we get updates.

I don't know if anyone else has figured this out or not but I found some film on Poth Tx on YouTube.  I typed in "Poth Tx High School Football" and it was right there.  It says 2017 but it could be from the 2016 season. Not sure.  Either way they looked like a strong physical fb team and a very good QB. They run the spread read option just like most schools do now and so did the teams they played.  So, I don't think they see what we do at all.  The bottom line is that they are a good team with good size.  It's a good thing we have a little time to get ready.  The bad thing is that we come right back home for a district game the very next week.