Region 1 (17-18)

PatCoach09

On 12/3/2017 at 3:59 PM, PatCoach09 said:

Jefferson County competed at the Catholic Invitational this weekend. Placing 6 (3 in the finals) and took 4th as a team behind Heritage, Halls, and Coahulla Creek. Any other Region 1 teams in action this weekend and have results?

Do you know who would have access to the results of the catholic tournament?  It's not on track and I haven't seen a thread for the tournament. 

4 hours ago, sx1234 said:

Do you know who would have access to the results of the catholic tournament?  It's not on track and I haven't seen a thread for the tournament. 

No it wasn't on track and not a specific thread for it as far as I know. Let me know what you want to know and I will try my best to answer your questions.

• 1 month later...

Wanted to say congrats to TN High, Jeff County, and DB who went 1, 2, 3 at the Bill Brimer Brawl in the Hall this past weekend in a field of 25!

Crockett made a strong push to get into the region duals last night by defeating TN High, 42-36. District 2 seeds will be decided tomorrow as Jeff hosts Mo. East and Mo. West, district 1 will be decided on the 16th as DB hosts Crockett. Any predictions? These duals are just a few weeks away!

Edited by PatCoach09

Results from last night: 

Crockett over TN: 42-36

Science Hill over TN 69-7

Science Hill over Crockett: 70-12

Crockett has sealed their spot in the Region Duals now. And TN High is officially out of the postseason competition after losing to Crockett, DB, and Science Hill and therefore being outside of the top 3 in the district. 

The top 3 in our district are Science Hill, DB, and Crockett.

I’m certain Jeff County will be the #1 in the other district. I would guess that Morristown West will be the #2 and Morristown East the #3. 

DB and Jeff will have another good match in the semis and could go either way... but I think with everyone healthy Jeff County wins that match and it will be Science Hill and Jeff County traveling to State Duals. 

Crockett looked very solid last night. They are young and have a lot of passionate coaches and parents in that program. They will be tough next year and the years to come  

11 hours ago, KingGreene said:

Results from last night: 

Crockett over TN: 42-36

Science Hill over TN 69-7

Science Hill over Crockett: 70-12

Crockett has sealed their spot in the Region Duals now. And TN High is officially out of the postseason competition after losing to Crockett, DB, and Science Hill and therefore being outside of the top 3 in the district. 

The top 3 in our district are Science Hill, DB, and Crockett.

I’m certain Jeff County will be the #1 in the other district. I would guess that Morristown West will be the #2 and Morristown East the #3. 

DB and Jeff will have another good match in the semis and could go either way... but I think with everyone healthy Jeff County wins that match and it will be Science Hill and Jeff County traveling to State Duals. 

Crockett looked very solid last night. They are young and have a lot of passionate coaches and parents in that program. They will be tough next year and the years to come  

Seeds should be sorted for our district after tonight. Going to be some exciting region duals, as always!

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, KingGreene said:

They were already forfeiting before 138. They appeared to only be wrestling matches they thought they could win. It was a very disappointing way to “wrestle” a Region finals match and I do not understand it either. 

KingGreene, since you admittedly do not understand it maybe you should not go online and post your passive aggressive comments about another team's strategy.  I've watched you since you were a scrawny 130 pound wrestler at Greeneville, through King College, and now as a coach.  I will admit, you have skills and have helped create a good team.  What also has grown over the years is your ego.  I am so often disappointed to come online and read your posts that consistently take stabs at other coaches and wrestlers throughout our region while blowing your own horn.

You have no idea what the DB coaching staff had in mind at Region Duals, but to imply they were only wrestling the matches they could win is a childish stab.  I've watched as your coaching staff has moved kids around in the lineup to create the best advantage for your team, so why do you feel the need to throw barbs at other coaches for doing what they feel is best for their team.  There were quite a few changes to your lineup as well.  Many that were probably unnecessary to win the match but no one is berating you for trying to run up the score.  I applaud the DB coaches for having enough class and maturity to overlook your jabs, immaturity, and ignore your post.  I know the DB coaching staff is "new," but you might want to pay attention, there are some things you can learn from them.

I wish DB and Science Hill the best of luck at State Duals.