MountainTroll

Potential 2A Quads  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which Map Makes The Most Sense?

• NashVegas Map
    • The MountainTroll's 2A Playoff Map #2
    • Somethin' Else
    • Smeagle's Map (see post #6)
    • All the MountainTroll's Posts is GARBAGE!
  2. 2. Do Them NashVegas Fellers Care 'Bout What Is Most Fair?

• Yes
    • No
    • That's a stupid question.
    • There's no such thing as "most fair".

Hate to start another thread on this, but I wanted to play with my pole poll.:roflol:

And...since it's the Troll's pole poll, it will be the definitive one!:geek:

I'z done some sipherin', and I don't see how the top 24 teams could change. Even if Marion and Peabody lose, and Watertown and Oneida win in week 10, Marion and Peabody should be in based criteria 2 & 3.

So...the question is how do ya draw the quads. If the teams don't change, ya'd have to assume the current TSSAA map will not change. slaphead.gif

But...the Troll has an alternative. Don't start yer whinnin' 'bout the Troll tryin' to git an easy playoff schedule fer his Eagles. 'Cause my Screamin' Eagles will go whup anybody, anywhere, anytime; and, we will bring the Gold Ball back to Chattanooga.:thumb: Just look at the two maps, vote, and put in yer 2 cents worth.

:popcorneater:

NashVegas Map

The Troll's Map

Edited by MountainTroll

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all the guesswork is gone. The teams that the TSSAA had in last week are still the top 24. The only two who have any doubt are 4-5 Marion Co and 4-5 Peabody, but both will likely win this week and be in. Even if either team lost, the 3 teams with 3 wins behind them (Watertown, Oneida, Chatt Grace) likely either won't win or won't have enough SOS to pass them.

Unless the TSSAA was to decide to redeaw the lines for a little more parity in each quad (something they SAY isn't part of the grouping process), the quads are going to be exactly what was posted last week.

Quad 1

Hampton 8-1

Wartburg 7-2

Rockwood 6-3

Unaka 5-4

Boyd Buch 5-4

Oliver Springs 5-4

Quad 2

Trousdale Co 9-0

Signal Mountain 9-0 (TC held the 4th tiebreaker with SM as of last week)

Friendship Christian 7-2

Cascade 6-3

Jackson Co 6-3

Marion Co 4-5

Quad 3

McKenzie 8-1

Riverside 8-1 (Mc held the 2nd tiebreaker with Riv as of last week)

Dresden 7-2

Forrest 6-3

Mt. Pleasant 6-3

White House-Heritage 6-3

Quad 4

Humboldt 6-3

TCA 5-4

Adamsville 5-5

Peabody 4-5

Westwood 4-5

Douglass 2-7

I think it would create a little more parity and evenness if McKenzie got traded for Adamsville in Quads 3 & 4 and if Signal Mountain got traded for Boyd Buchanan or Jackson Co in Quads 1 & 2. But that's just my opinion.

Think about how fair this is - TCA is currently 5-4 and will finish 2nd in their district and is poised to receive a 1st round bye. Boyd Buchanan is currently 5-4 and will finish 2nd in their district and is poised to TRAVEL in the 1st round! Not only that, but if they did travel, it would be to Unaka, which is on the backside of BFE (according to mapquest, from Chattanooga to Unaka is 235 miles and almost 4 hours).

Final 4

Quad 1 - Hampton and Wartburg both showed they are vulnerable this past Friday. Add to that Rockwood will rematch with Wartburg in the 2nd round, and its always hard to beat a good team twice. I see Rockwood winning the rematch and using that momentum to get to the semifinals.

Quad 2 - Trousdale and Signal Mountain get hosed by being in the same quadrant. Whoever ends up the #2 seed gets the joy of hosting Friendship in the 2nd round. With TC currently holding that #1 spot and their past experience in the playoffs, I see them hosting Rockwood in the semifinals.

Quad 3 - Lucky Riverside. Their lone loss came to the hands of Dresden at home, and their reward will be a rematch with them in the 2nd round (assuming Dresden wins that 1st round game, which will be a large task no matter who they play). McKenzie has no easy road either, but they have been to the state championship before and have been battle tested. If they beat Huntingdon this week, I pick them. Otherwise, I pick Riverside.

Quad 4 - Record wise, this is the easiest quadrant. TCA gets rewarded with a 1st round bye, and Adamsville gets rewarded with hosting in the 1st round (despite the fact that both have struggled). Although Humboldt should have beaten McKenzie earlier this year, I don't see them going far. I think TCA rides the however battered shoulders of Jabriel Washington into the semifinals.

State Championship - Trousdale Co over McKenzie/Riverside

Edited by Ascendotuum

I think all the guesswork is gone. The teams that the TSSAA had in last week are still the top 24. The only two who have any doubt are 4-5 Marion Co and 4-5 Peabody, but both will likely win this week and be in. Even if either team lost, the 3 teams with 3 wins behind them (Watertown, Oneida, Chatt Grace) likely either won't win or won't have enough SOS to pass them.

Unless the TSSAA was to decide to redeaw the lines for a little more parity in each quad (something they SAY isn't part of the grouping process), the quads are going to be exactly what was posted last week.

Quad 1

Hampton 8-1

Wartburg 7-2

Rockwood 6-3

Unaka 5-4

Boyd Buch 5-4

Oliver Springs 5-4

Quad 2

Trousdale Co 9-0

Signal Mountain 9-0 (TC held the 4th tiebreaker with SM as of last week)

Friendship Christian 7-2

Cascade 6-3

Jackson Co 6-3

Marion Co 4-5

Quad 3

McKenzie 8-1

Riverside 8-1 (Mc held the 2nd tiebreaker with Riv as of last week)

Dresden 7-2

Forrest 6-3

Mt. Pleasant 6-3

White House-Heritage 6-3

Quad 4

Humboldt 6-3

TCA 5-4

Adamsville 5-5

Peabody 4-5

Westwood 4-5

Douglass 2-7

I think it would create a little more parity and evenness if McKenzie got traded for Adamsville in Quads 3 & 4 and if Signal Mountain got traded for Boyd Buchanan or Jackson Co in Quads 1 & 2. But that's just my opinion.

Think about how fair this is - TCA is currently 5-4 and will finish 2nd in their district and is poised to receive a 1st round bye. Boyd Buchanan is currently 5-4 and will finish 2nd in their district and is poised to TRAVEL in the 1st round! Not only that, but if they did travel, it would be to Unaka, which is on the backside of BFE (according to mapquest, from Chattanooga to Unaka is 235 miles and almost 4 hours).

Final 4

Quad 1 - Hampton and Wartburg both showed they are vulnerable this past Friday. Add to that Rockwood will rematch with Wartburg in the 2nd round, and its always hard to beat a good team twice. I see Rockwood winning the rematch and using that momentum to get to the semifinals.

Quad 2 - Trousdale and Signal Mountain get hosed by being in the same quadrant. Whoever ends up the #2 seed gets the joy of hosting Friendship in the 2nd round. With TC currently holding that #1 spot and their past experience in the playoffs, I see them hosting Rockwood in the semifinals.

Quad 3 - Lucky Riverside. Their lone loss came to the hands of Dresden at home, and their reward will be a rematch with them in the 2nd round (assuming Dresden wins that 1st round game, which will be a large task no matter who they play). McKenzie has no easy road either, but they have been to the state championship before and have been battle tested. If they beat Huntingdon this week, I pick them. Otherwise, I pick Riverside.

Quad 4 - Record wise, this is the easiest quadrant. TCA gets rewarded with a 1st round bye, and Adamsville gets rewarded with hosting in the 1st round (despite the fact that both have struggled). Although Humboldt should have beaten McKenzie earlier this year, I don't see them going far. I think TCA rides the however battered shoulders of Jabriel Washington into the semifinals.

Humboldt should have beaten McKenzie? Were you at that game? That game came down to who wanted it more on 4 plays at the end. And on that night, a wall of Rebel jerseys had Quan Campbell stopped dead in his tracks!

Humboldt should have beaten McKenzie? Were you at that game? That game came down to who wanted it more on 4 plays at the end. And on that night, a wall of Rebel jerseys had Quan Campbell stopped dead in his tracks!

Humboldt should have beaten Mckenzie, can't wait till there's a rematch.

Come on fellers. I know they's competing threads, but surely somebodies got sompthin' to say.:unsure:?

I mean, #1 Trousdale & #2 Signal in the same quad; #3 McKenzie & #4 Riverside in the same quad? Best team in quad 4 is #8 Humboldt (7-3) (granted their losses were to Henry Co, Milan, and McKenzie), but then next best team is #17 TCA (6-4). I'll agree there is no "most fair"; somebody gits hosed no matter what. Ain't never seen a playoff bracket in any football league that everyone thought was "fair".

But...the "Drawin' o' the Quads" is by its nature subjective. NashVegas says "geographically", but what does that mean? The Troll's quads also are drawn "geographically", and put #1 & #3 in a quad, #2 in a quad, and #4 in a quad.

Finishin' 10-0, #2 in the state and not having home field thru yer quad just blows. Guess the Troll and his rich Mountain Hosers didn't contribute enough to the TSSAA PAC. Butchie must of out spent us this year; figgered them YellerJacket stingers wouldn't hurt as bad in December.:roflol::roflolk:

One positive thing 'bout the way it is now. After we go to the Creekbank to whup them YellerJackets, whup whoever comes out of the quad 1 war, then whup that Hoser Butchie's Rebels in CookeVegas, nobody can say we don't deserve that Gold Ball. :thumb:

Edited by MountainTroll

I think I would start with putting the top 4 teams into their own quads and map things around them. At least this year it would work. It would be great if it looked something like this. I think all these Quads have quality 1 and 2 teams and after that things are pretty even.

Quad 1

Hampton 8-1

Wartburg 7-2

Rockwood 6-3

Unaka 5-4

Boyd Buch 5-4

Oliver Springs 5-4

Quad 2

Signal Mountain 9-0

Friendship Christian 7-2

Cascade 6-3

Forrest 6-3

Jackson Co 6-3

Marion Co 4-5

Quad 3

Trousdale Co 9-0

Riverside 8-1

Dresden 7-2

Mt. Pleasant 6-3

White House-Heritage 6-3

Adamsville 5-5

Quad 4

McKenzie 8-1

Humboldt 6-3

TCA 5-4

Peabody 4-5

Westwood 4-5

Douglass 2-7

If they don’t do something to move McKenzie or Riverside into Quad 4 like above that Quad will be a joke.

Also I didn’t do the homework like Ascendotuum, I just took what he had and shifted a couple of teams. I don’t think travel distance would be changed to drastically by doing the Quads this way.

Oh well nice to dream.

I think all the guesswork is gone.

Final 4

I got yer maps over here, Ascendotuum: The MountainTroll's 2A Playoff Thread

Unless NashVegas redraws the quads, which I think is unlikely and would have Butchie squealin' like a pig :roflolk: , you probly got the quads right, but yer analysis of the Final Four is all wrong.

Ain't gonna try to predict quads 1 & 4; but, Signal will win quad 2, and McKenzie will take quad 3. Signal will beat McKenzie for the Gold Ball. :thumb:

Come on fellers. I know they's competing threads, but surely somebodies got sompthin' to say.:unsure:?

I mean, #1 Trousdale & #2 Signal in the same quad; #3 McKenzie & #4 Riverside in the same quad? Best team in quad 4 is #8 Humboldt (7-3) (granted their losses were to Henry Co, Milan, and McKenzie), but then next best team is #17 TCA (6-4). I'll agree there is no "most fair"; somebody gits hosed no matter what. Ain't never seen a playoff bracket in any football league that everyone thought was "fair".

But...the "Drawin' o' the Quads" is by its nature subjective. NashVegas says "geographically", but what does that mean? The Troll's quads also are drawn "geographically", and put #1 & #3 in a quad, #2 in a quad, and #4 in a quad.

Finishin' 10-0, #2 in the state and not having home field thru yer quad just blows. Guess the Troll and his rich Mountain Hosers didn't contribute enough to the TSSAA PAC. Butchie must of out spent us this year; figgered them YellerJacket stingers wouldn't hurt as bad in December.:roflol::roflolk:

One positive thing 'bout the way it is now. After we go to the Creekbank to whup them YellerJackets, whup whoever comes out of the quad 1 war, then whup that Hoser Butchie's Rebels in CookeVegas, nobody can say we don't deserve that Gold Ball. :thumb:

Troll, just posted this on another thread. But will post it on here as an alternative.

Quad 1

Hampton 8-1

Wartburg 7-2

Rockwood 6-3

Unaka 5-4

Boyd Buch 5-4

Oliver Springs 5-4

Quad 2

Signal Mountain 9-0

Friendship Christian 7-2

Cascade 6-3

Forrest 6-3

Jackson Co 6-3

Marion Co 4-5

Quad 3

Trousdale Co 9-0

Riverside 8-1

Dresden 7-2

Mt. Pleasant 6-3

White House-Heritage 6-3

Adamsville 5-5

Quad 4

McKenzie 8-1

Humboldt 6-3

TCA 5-4

Peabody 4-5

Westwood 4-5

Douglass 2-7

Troll, just posted this on another thread. But will post it on here as an alternative.

Quad 1

Hampton 8-1

Wartburg 7-2

Rockwood 6-3

Unaka 5-4

Boyd Buch 5-4

Oliver Springs 5-4

Quad 2

Signal Mountain 9-0

Friendship Christian 7-2

Cascade 6-3

Forrest 6-3

Jackson Co 6-3

Marion Co 4-5

Quad 3

Trousdale Co 9-0

Riverside 8-1

Dresden 7-2

Mt. Pleasant 6-3

White House-Heritage 6-3

Adamsville 5-5

Quad 4

McKenzie 8-1

Humboldt 6-3

TCA 5-4

Peabody 4-5

Westwood 4-5

Douglass 2-7

Let the cart'ographer work on that, and we'll see what it looks like.