Gomab!

LoveIt

Gomab- I just wanted to let you know that I sat and watched the temple game as well as trenton peabody- and I was utterly shocked that you think doaks is better than skogen- doaks can dunk and is 6'7- that is it- granted kids have bad games but he didn't even do anything....at all!!! I was not impressed- Skogen on the other hand did everything but literally put the other 4 players on his back- and that with a severely sore hamstring- the kid is the best player in class a- and one of the best point guards in the state- doaks is a good high school player but NOT that good-.... I think your extremely mistaken in your judge of talent in this case-

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt I was too rash and too harsh- doaks is a good player- I want to say that- but at 6'7 and with the hops he has he should have utterly dominated a bunch of 6 foot white guys- unaka plays hard granted but NO one should be able to do anything against him- I was just not impressed with his skill at all- he is big long and can jump- basketball sense is not impressive- ...

I think this is a good time to emphasize the word potential. Doaks is a freakish athlete who is tall, very long, a 40 inch vertical and tons and tons of untapped potential. However, if you want to know who the better, more skilled basketball player is there is no doubt it is Skogen. If I was picking my high school team I would want Skogen before Doaks. If I was a college coach then I would look at Doaks and realize that if he has the right attitude and work ethic then he could be turned into the caliber of player that Skogen doesn't have the potential to be. I must say what Skogen was able to do with that bum hamstring was nothing short of amazing. He is a stud who I think will be a great college player. Doaks will take alot of work at the next level.

even though i havent ever seen him play, i would have to say the better player is skogen.doaks is ok,but like love it said,with his height and jumping ability he should dominate.He can score at will underneath the basket,but outside of about 5 or 6 feet,he cant do ANYTHING.doaks will get brought to life when he gets to college. a big man needs to have some kind of jumpshot.i think when he gets to UT Chat, he wont do anything.he will get dominated in college.Sorry doaks and trenton fans,but it is the cold hard truth.Wait and see.

ok i've heard from many people that doaks looked pretty impressive and that he couldn't do anything down low b/c he had a guy in front of him down low a guy behind him and then guys comin down all sides, for you to say a kid who gets that much attention from the other team isn't all that good i think is pretty stupid, granted i dind't see the game im just going by what a lot of people have told me happened at the game, and they said they felt he would greatly help out utc..loveit, everyone knows skogen is good, you and all the other temple fans dont have to get on here and tell gomab that every chance you get

I wasn't impressed either team. I only saw Doaks yesterday but he didn't do much. But I am sure he has a lot of potential. Justin Bryant and Joseph Bailey were MUCH better. Both Unaka and Peabody looked bad. I've seen Unaka before and they have never looked very good, plus they got all the calls yesterday...same with Wayne Co, they got all the calls...they walked a dozen times and got away with it. Pickett's coach blew it. Why didn't they press the whole game instead of just a few times????? Why did they WALK the ball up the court instead of running Wayne Co. and wearing them out? Very poor coaching at Pickett. Middleton looked impressive.

but at 6'7 and with the hops he has he should have utterly dominated a bunch of 6 foot white guys- unaka plays hard granted but NO one should be able to do anything against him-

825621808[/snapback]

That statement makes the typical stereo-typing that goes on in today's society hideous. Did you relaize that UNAKA won the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP last year with the same 6 foot white guys you describe in your post? They also made it back to the STATE this year. Color or size doesn't have much to do with it. It comes down to who is prepared and wants it more than the other team. When the ELITE 8 of the state play in Murfreesboro, you can throw color, size, and records out the window. Preparation and heart is what wins State titles. And UNAKA has been doing a good job of limiting skilled-offensive players that you suggest Doaks should possess. Sometimes it can be laziness or no motivation as a cause of a player not dominating, but in UNAKA's case, they just simply have good coaches that emphasize defense and limiting what players do on offense. The best player in the world (Michael Jordan) could not do much against those Detroit Pistons in the late 1980's because of their DEFENSIVE strategies, not because Jordan was no good. You could still be right about Doaks not being as good as everyone says he is, I haven't seen him play. But I have witnessed UNAKA play and they have a great defensive scheme.

Edited by Stokomo

not saying that Doaks isnt a good player, he is.but when he gets to college,he is not gonna be 4 or 5 inches taller than everyone else.for him to excel he is gonna have to develop some kind of game away from the basket.he is just an ok free throw shooter.you see guys in college that anywhere from 6'5 to 6'8 playing the 2 and 3 positions.put doaks up against a 6'7 small foward who can shoot the lights out(which Doaks CANNOT do) and then lets see what happens.the reason he was so dominant in high school is that 49 out of 50 games,he was head and shoulders taller than anyone else and he couldnt be guarded under the basket.just my opinion,but i think he has got a rude awakening coming when he gets to college.just my opinion though.

ahh give me a break. Doaks is probably the second best player in A basketball this year(Webb). yall hate on him constantly for no reason. whoever said that everyone around him is gonna be 4 or 5 inches taller than him in college has lost their mind. the guy is 6'7 and there probably wont be but one person, maybe 2, bigger than him on the court when he is in college. 6'7, 6'8 is the average size for a power forward in college and Doaks may even play the wing. UTC wont be playing many teams with 7 footers on them cause if your that big your playin at Duke of UNC. what the heck was so bad about his game yesterday, he had i think 19 points and 13 rebounds, maybe more but i know for sure he had that much. if Skogen was better he would have signed with a D1 school that is playing in the NCAA tourney tonight too...the scouts do this for a living so i think they'd know who the better player is. bottom line....Doaks was good enough to lead his team to victory over the defending state champs and Skogen had a good game but couldnt get the job done. hate him all you want but he's good and even more importantly his team is winning.

ahh give me a break. Doaks is probably the second best player in A basketball this year(Webb). yall hate on him constantly for no reason. whoever said that everyone around him is gonna be 4 or 5 inches taller than him in college has lost their mind. the guy is 6'7 and there probably wont be but one person, maybe 2, bigger than him on the court when he is in college. 6'7, 6'8 is the average size for a power forward in college and Doaks may even play the wing. UTC wont be playing many teams with 7 footers on them cause if your that big your playin at Duke of UNC. what the heck was so bad about his game yesterday, he had i think 19 points and 13 rebounds, maybe more but i know for sure he had that much. if Skogen was better he would have signed with a D1 school that is playing in the NCAA tourney tonight too...the scouts do this for a living so i think they'd know who the better player is. bottom line....Doaks was good enough to lead his team to victory over the defending state champs and Skogen had a good game but couldnt get the job done. hate him all you want but he's good and even more importantly his team is winning.

825622047[/snapback]

Good post, i agree.. If Doaks didn't have people all around him he could play better, why would teams bother guarding him so much if he is not as good as yall are saying he is. Give credit to where it is due. Doaks has had a great year and it's not over yet! Roll Tide!!