Gomab!

LoveIt

first i am definitely not a ucla fan AT ALL, dont really like them to any extent..and i never said they are a powerhouse this year?? dont know where you got that from, ive said they are on there way to getting back up to that point, they are getting pieces in place, and vitale is not saying they will be a "powerhouse" next year, as in they will be the best team in the land or anything, what he is saying is they are getting good players and good coaching out there finally ever since the steve lavin era...and about the schedule thing, ucla didn't have a soft schedule, they played in the pac 10 which was the 2nd rated conference by the rpi and they played teams such as notre dame out of conference(thats the only one i could think of right off hand, didn't feel like looking it up) so in my opinion their schedule was just as tough as a kansas, who lost in the first round, and i guarantee you kansas will be in the top 20 after the season..so youre thinking is way off, you are arguing something with no basis so please stop b/c i will keep proving you wrong

825629016[/snapback]

LOL - you might not be a ucla fan , but are you really sure ??Vitale (bless his little ugly bald head and heart - you got to say favorable things about hollywood's team if you want to be accepted) is not the only one that has been saying they are going to be a powerhouse - they have been saying this forever (even when lavin got there - again look at where they HAVE BEEN in the PRESEASON POLLS ) - a powerhouse team is one that proves it in the tournament too - preseason talk and playing in a wallflower league just doesn't cut it - the tournament separates the men from the boys as it did this year for ucla - i will agree with you on one thing the talent is probably there but the whole chemistry (coaching - school administration) is just not there (go back and see what happen to some of the best coaches that left there said - bartow - brown ) they are spoiled and it is hard to get spoiled fans and players to be satisfied - no more from me - you win! LOL

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doaks is about an inch taller than Keith Ramsey...

Doaks shoots the three better than Ramsey...

Doaks is a better shot blocker than Ramsey...

Doaks is stronger than Ramsey...

Doaks is a better rebounder than Ramsey...

They both score very well inside, so I'll give that a toss-up...

Both are great athletes...

Both are adequate, but not great, passers...

Defenses key on Doaks MUCH more than Ramsey as well, since Ramsey has Top 40 Jr's Oden, Roper, and Jones to take the defensive pressure off him...

Again, this is nit-picking, as they are both great players with great futures...

Also, Good post and points smalltown...

825622910[/snapback]

Doaks plays for Midstate Ballerz Elite and Ramsey does not. :ph34r:

Edited by Bighurt

Brandon Wright and Thaddeus Young don't play for the Midstate Ballerz, and they get plenty of props, and Ramsey is ranked higher than any 'returning' Ballerz player in that class...

In fact, I have Ramsey ranked HIGHER than any other publication that ranks TN high schoolers!!! So I wouldn't start some ignorant post implying favoritism. Simple fact is as of right now: Doaks proved his game against the best in the Nation on the 17:u Summer circuit, and Ramsey has not. That will change this summer, but as of right now, Doaks has proven more, period.

Hey gomab2

Do you ever wonder why so many people (and not just Temple folks) question your opinions so much of late? This has been a common theme for quite a few posts this last year. You and I got into it over your pre-season evaluation of Caleb Skogen as to the why or why not Caleb shoud even be considered for the Mr. Basketball award. You did not even have him on your top 55 list of players in Tennessee. (You mentioned ignorance of others lately????????)

You need to look up the word "humility" in the dictionary and come clean as to how wrong you have been about Caleb Skogen. You did not even have him on a remote list of contenders for Mr. Basketball and he was given the distingished honor of being a finalist this year. He has received a full ride scholarship to a division one school to play basketball. It would be refreshing to hear you say that you have been wrong and tuck your tail a little bit and show some humility.

You get sick of this topic and you are the reason why it comes up over and over again--

Caleb is a great kid and a fantastic B-ball player- and your pre-seaon lack of hype for him did not keep him from being named a finalist nor did it hurt his chances to receive a full-ride with a division one school. Thank goodness that "experts" like yourself don't have the power to destray a kids B-ball dreams.

Hey gomab2

Do you ever wonder why so many people (and not just Temple folks) question your opinions so much of late?  This has been a common theme for quite a few posts this last year.  You and I got into it over your pre-season evaluation of Caleb Skogen as to the why or why not Caleb shoud even be considered for the Mr. Basketball award.  You did not even have him on your top 55 list of players in Tennessee. (You mentioned ignorance of others lately????????)

You need to look up the word "humility" in the dictionary and come clean as to how wrong you have been about Caleb Skogen.  You did not even have him on a remote list of contenders for Mr. Basketball and he was given the distingished honor of being a finalist this year.  He has received a full ride scholarship to a division one school to play basketball.  It would be refreshing to hear you say that you have been wrong and tuck your tail a little bit and show some humility.

You get sick of this topic and you are the reason why it comes up over and over again--

Caleb is a great kid and a fantastic B-ball player-  and your pre-seaon lack of hype for him did not keep him from being named a finalist nor did it hurt his chances to receive a full-ride with a division one school.  Thank goodness that "experts" like yourself don't have the power to destray a kids B-ball dreams.

825629955[/snapback]

Ease off of the man. Gomab has the unenviable task of trying to fairly rate tn high school bball players, your going to ruffle a few feathers because you cant please everybody.

SO what if Caleb Skogen didnt get the preseason hype, there are greater tragedies in life, im sure Caleb doesnt go into depression just because Gomab didnt have him among his top 55 seniors in the state. Its so easy to criticize gomab, but how bout you guys attempt what he does? The man spends countless hours doing these ratings and truly loves tennessee high school basketball.

Oaklandgrad-

Gomab2 is a big boy- he can defend himself-

Your saying to "ease up on him?" I admit to being a bias Temple fan- I pretty much follow the lines on here in regards to Temple and many of them this year have been directly about Caleb- If you do some research you would find that he (Gomab2) has been bias against Caleb this year- He was asked quite frankly if he had even seen Caleb play and he did not respond- (That was a while ago)

If Gomab2 had said all along that he just simply didn't know how good Caleb was and that he does cover all of Tennessee and would have to wait to judge the situation, you would be completely right Oaklandgrad--

However--

The fact of the matter is that he has been very opinionated about Caleb and why he has placed Caleb out of the running for Mr. Basketball etc...

Again- if he doesn't really know a kid- great- then say that- Maybe the best advice for Gomab2 is to not act like he does or could ever truly evaluate all these kids. If he had said a long time ago that he can't pass judgement on Caleb- then this topic would not resurface like it has in terms of Gomab2's opinions in regards to Temple (Caleb this year)

So your logic is - give poor old Gomab2 a break and Caleb should be tough enough to ignore this "expert" Instead of Gomab2 being more informed and humble about his ability to rate all these kids accurately?

Wow, this topic makes me sick with all the ignorance!

How can I even respond to posts like these??? No common sense, and complete ignorance... I just hope the early posts on this topic were actually a joke, and were not meant in any seriousness...

Nicchaeus is the best player in Class A, with the possible exception of Xavier Webb, period. This is easy to see. It's like you all HOLD IT AGIANST the kid for being a 6'8 great athlete??!!! That is a joke: that's what the kid is, a 6'8 athlete who dominates offensively, defensively, and on the boards...

In a "down" game, he has 19 points and 13 boards, and got the W! What the heck else do you want???

Heck, who's still in the State Tourney??? (even without Partee on the roster???)

Nicchaeus got HIGH MAJOR looks, and would have had his choice of High Major offers had he not signed early, but he found a great fit for himself... The kid is a flat out player!

These posts are so ridiculous and without any obvious knowledge of the game of basketball, it's a joke...

825622453[/snapback]

It matters little all the looks one gets. What can and did one do with the ability one has. Are you sure he is not your relative or at least from Trenton? The most hyped player ever! You either no little to nothing about Basketball or either you have litlte or no integrity !! Doaks did not even put up 20 ppg vs fairly weak opponents. JCS held him to 12 pts. And it was pure hard work that did that. If the refs had not fouled out two starters he may not have reached double figures. WAY over rated--swallow your pride and tell the truth. Doaks Mr. " Potenial " but certainly not Mr. Basketball. Any honest fan of bball knows that. It is too obvious. A guy with his size and athleticism should have averaged at least 30 ppg in post season. Alan North of JCS averaged 27.5 ppg vs. the three top 1A schools in the state of TN in post season play and he gets no credit. Somewhere along the way politics must have entered the equation. HE was shooting many of those shoots from 30 ft. !!!

Just be honest---people will respect you if you will just tell the truth. There are lots of people in life who were destined to succeed--due to potential--but failed miserably. I hope Doaks wont be one of those. IF he gets puffed up over all this hype you give him, you may contribute to his continued sub-par performance. His team was loaded with big guys who could play. He should have dominated. Without lots of help from refs, they never even see State Tourn. but isnt that what the powers that be wanted.

Doaks to show off his dominance in Boro==still waitn to see it. Maybe we'll see it at college---not likely. His chance to dominate has slipped by---gone except in the minds of biased people like you. Just call it like I see it. Will be happy to talk to you face to face. I am not a coward nor a liar--why dont to meet me i'll prove it.

Hey gomab2

Do you ever wonder why so many people (and not just Temple folks) question your opinions so much of late?  This has been a common theme for quite a few posts this last year.  You and I got into it over your pre-season evaluation of Caleb Skogen as to the why or why not Caleb shoud even be considered for the Mr. Basketball award.  You did not even have him on your top 55 list of players in Tennessee. (You mentioned ignorance of others lately????????)

You need to look up the word "humility" in the dictionary and come clean as to how wrong you have been about Caleb Skogen.  You did not even have him on a remote list of contenders for Mr. Basketball and he was given the distingished honor of being a finalist this year.  He has received a full ride scholarship to a division one school to play basketball.  It would be refreshing to hear you say that you have been wrong and tuck your tail a little bit and show some humility.

Caleb is a great kid and a fantastic B-ball player-  and your pre-seaon lack of hype for him did not keep him from being named a finalist nor did it hurt his chances to receive a full-ride with a division one school.  Thank goodness that "experts" like yourself don't have the power to destray a kids B-ball dreams.

825629955[/snapback]

ok seriously im tired of you bringing this up...gomab has admitted NUMEROUS times to the temple fans taht he was wrong about his preseason assessment and said he was the player moving fastest up his class of 2005 rankings, and he did in fact at the end of the year say he was in the top 4 running for the mr basketball finalist selection..he had the 3 selected and xavier webb, im not defending either side here, but you are trying to bring something up that is just stupid, because heh as apologized and even noted that he hadn't gotten the chance to see him, but you continually get on here and bash him and say he knows nothing haha i just find that great and oakland grad is right, it is no easy task to get around to all the basketball in the state of tennessee, how often would you make it out to chattanooga to watch caleb skogen/charles little/jonathan adams play if you lived 6 hours away in memphis, answer is never, you would spend your time watching jp prince and the delk twins and the rest of the gang...all this being said, you are right no one ALWAYS agrees with gomab, i know i for one sure dont, and i certainly didn't agree with him about caleb's preseason ranking but its no reason to continually get on here and bash him about it over and over, it makes him not like temple more, even tho im sure he has nothing against him like he has stated before

mnewballer21

I am sorry- but I live in the world of facts. Gomab2 has "admitted he was wrong" and he has "apologized" ????????????????

Please show me where and when these two things took place????????

Moving him up the rankings after receiving much deserved flack is not the same as "admitting he was wrong" or "apologizing"

So you do admit that Gomab2 assessed a player (Caleb Skogen) without seeing him- and he admitted to that??????? and you are ok with that????

I know that he has been challenged as to when exactly he did see Caleb play- and I don't know if that was ever resolved??????

mnewballer21- I am not the only one putting Gomab2 on the hot seat--- (read the entire thread)-- Gomab2's comments about the "ignorance" and "stupidity" of people and their posts must make an "intelligent" guy like you feel at home????? I think you used that type of lingo in your post concerning me--

The Mr. Basketball award was just announced recently- that is why this issue has come up again-- I think that Gomab2's comments regarding the "ignorance" and "stupidity" of some of the posts has fired some of us up- yet again--