Gomab!

LoveIt

Doaks is about an inch taller than Keith Ramsey...

Doaks shoots the three better than Ramsey...

Doaks is a better shot blocker than Ramsey...

Doaks is stronger than Ramsey...

Doaks is a better rebounder than Ramsey...

They both score very well inside, so I'll give that a toss-up...

Both are great athletes...

Both are adequate, but not great, passers...

Defenses key on Doaks MUCH more than Ramsey as well, since Ramsey has Top 40 Jr's Oden, Roper, and Jones to take the defensive pressure off him...

Again, this is nit-picking, as they are both great players with great futures...

Also, Good post and points smalltown...

825622910[/snapback]

1st- an inch means 100% absolutely nothing

2nd- Doaks does not shoot the three better than Ramsey. Ramsey just doesn't need to take a 3 because he has guards that can. Doaks has no good guards.

3rd- Doaks might be a slightly better shot blocker, I'll give him that. But its not like its a huge notable difference. Both are very good shot blockers.

4th- Doaks is stronger than Ramsey, but he is a year older. This time next year Ramsey should be as strong as Doaks. If not he has nobody to blame but himself.

5th- Doaks is not a better rebounder than Ramsey. Ramsey doesn't get as many rebounds becasue he has an entire team of good rebounders.

6th- Like you said defenses CAN key on Doaks cause the rest of his team is not very good. If Ramsey was on Peabody defenses would do the exact same thing.

Like you said, its nit-picking because both are very good. But, I would take Ramsey over Doaks if for no other reason than the intangables (sp?).

Ramsey has a better basketball IQ

Ramsey has better court vision

Ramsey gets more steals

Ramsey also doesn't wine to the refs like Doaks. Doaks spent half of the Unaka games making faces at the refs crying about fouls. Just play ball.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why all the disagreement about what gomab says? He is human - sometimes right - sometimes wrong. Everyone has opinions ( you know they are like your nose - everyone has one) . Apparently he believes both are excellent ball players -that should satisfy everyone. Give gomab some room to breath - he is just like us. Honestly - unless you are coach K, John Wooden, Rick Pitino - I'd say their opinion is pretty much dead on, but outside of those opinions it is pretty much guess work for the rest of us. Dick Vitale (the supposed ESPN expert on all bball) ranted and raved that Notre Dame deserved to be in the NCAA tournament over UAB - LOL - what does ND do - go out and lose the first game of the NIT - again LOL - UAB is still alive and kicking after the first game of the NCAA (after beating the big bad powerhouse LSU - again LOL). Sooo I'd say Vitale, of course the expert, let his bball knowledge get overwhelmed by his biased thoughts towards Notre Dame. He also said UCLA was on their way to becoming a real powerhouse again - LOL - funny to me they got spanked last night in the first game of the NCAA tournament (looks like it is going to be a long trip to being a powerhouse again - LOL). I guess that is why Vitale doesn't coach anymore. Everybody has their favorites - so don't be surprised if Keith Ramsey comes out like a champ even though he may be an inch shorter (but maybe he can jump 2 inches higher?), he shoots the 3 well ( against all tough competition??) , on a team with excellent athletes (so true - I'd love to see what would have happened to Jordan without a Scottie Pippen), etc. etc. there are all kinds of factors that play into this and only the best can see through it all. Doaks may get on a team that has an imbecile for a coach - ugh - then his stock will fall and Ramsey may look like a diamond to gomab later on. You just never know.

Why all the disagreement about what gomab says? He is human - sometimes right - sometimes wrong.  Everyone has opinions ( you know they are like your nose - everyone has one) . Apparently he believes both are excellent ball players -that  should satisfy everyone. Give gomab some room to breath - he is just like us. Honestly - unless you are coach K, John Wooden, Rick Pitino - I'd say their opinion is pretty much dead on, but outside of those opinions it is pretty much guess work for the rest of us. Dick Vitale (the supposed ESPN expert on all bball) ranted and raved that Notre Dame deserved to be in the NCAA tournament over UAB - LOL - what does ND do - go out and lose the first game of the NIT - again LOL - UAB is still alive and kicking after the first game of the NCAA (after beating the big bad powerhouse LSU - again LOL). Sooo I'd say Vitale, of course the expert, let his bball knowledge get overwhelmed by his biased thoughts towards Notre Dame. He also said UCLA was on their way to becoming a real powerhouse again - LOL - funny to me they got spanked last night in the first game of the NCAA tournament (looks like it is going to be a long trip to being a powerhouse again - LOL). I guess that is why Vitale doesn't coach anymore.  Everybody has their favorites - so don't be surprised if Keith Ramsey comes out like a champ even though he may be an inch shorter (but maybe he can jump 2 inches higher?), he shoots the 3 well ( against all tough competition??) ,  on a team with excellent athletes  (so true - I'd love to see what would have happened to Jordan without a Scottie Pippen),  etc. etc. there are all kinds of factors that play into this and only the best can see through it all.  Doaks may get on a team that has an imbecile for a coach - ugh - then his stock will fall and Ramsey may look like a diamond to gomab later on. You just never know.

825623006[/snapback]

uh buddy i woudln't be so quick to say that about ucla they are well on their way back to being a powerhouse, they had 3 freshmen starting and averaging 30 min. per game and another freshmen who averaged about 12 minutes a game, not to mention the fact that they have another freshmen who is red shirted who is supposed to be incredible and a pretty good recruting class coming in, so to say a team this young loses in the first round(as an 11 seed) is not on the way back up is just ignorant, you can't base anything by a win/loss in the ncaa tournament, because anything can happen, i mean look at illinois, they were only up by 1 at halftime to a 16 seed, so try basing your info on something besides the ncaa tournament

uh buddy i woudln't be so quick to say that about ucla they are well on their way back to being a powerhouse, they had 3 freshmen starting and averaging 30 min. per game and another freshmen who averaged about 12 minutes a game, not to mention the fact that they have another freshmen who is red shirted who is supposed to be incredible and a pretty good recruting class coming in, so to say a team this young loses in the first round(as an 11 seed) is not on the way back up is just ignorant, you can't base anything by a win/loss in the ncaa tournament, because anything can happen, i mean look at illinois, they were only up by 1 at halftime to a 16 seed, so try basing your info on something besides the ncaa tournament

825623169[/snapback]

LOL - much love to you too - I don't know if you know this or not, but every year UCLA is going to the top, they get the cream of the crop always, they are ranked in the top 10 almost every year regardless of the past, they are in that conference (the pac 10) that is soooo very powerful, then get their butts beat and down that old slippery ladder they go (still living off the '70s dream) sometimes all the way out of the rankings. True, they may have boat loads of young talent (all of them screaming to be the hero, throw me the ball) , BUT they need a coach toooooo - you can have a ton of talent, but if you don't have a Wooden on your bench to control all the heros, then you are in trouble - it takes a plan to get talent to play. I'd agree with you if they have a coach, but it has been a while since they have had a good coach. As for the tournament - that is the proving ground to me - it is where the men are separated from the boys and if you want, we will give ucla another year to declare there great comeback. If you are protecting Vitale - don't get me wrong, he guesses right sometimes, and is a nice guy, but he is no guru like he wants you to believe. The thing I do like about Vitale is he pulls for the underdog, which gets him in trouble at times and at times makes him look like a genius. As for Illinois - they (IN MY OPINION) have a lot to prove - if they get knocked out, it wouldn't surprise me. Oh yea, don't forget probably half of those powerful freshman will probably be in the pros by next 2 yrs - that can put a kink in the plan for a big return.

Edited by hackashaq

LOL - much love to you too - I don't know if you know this or not, but every year UCLA is going to the top, they get the cream of the crop always, they are ranked in the top 10 almost every year regardless of the past, they are in that conference (the pac 10) that is soooo very powerful,  then get their butts beat and down that old slippery ladder they go (still living off the '70s dream) sometimes all the way out of the rankings. True, they may have boat loads of young talent (all of them screaming to be the hero, throw me the ball) , BUT they need a coach toooooo - you can have a ton of talent, but if you don't have a Wooden on your bench to control all the heros, then you are in trouble - it takes a plan to get talent to play. I'd agree with you if they have a coach, but it has been a while since they have had a good coach. As for the tournament - that is the proving ground to me - it is where the men are separated from the boys and if you want, we will give ucla another year to declare there great comeback.  If you are protecting Vitale - don't get me wrong, he guesses right sometimes, and is a nice guy, but he is no guru like he wants you to believe.  The thing I do like about Vitale is he pulls for the underdog, which gets him in trouble at times and at times makes him look like a genius.  As for Illinois - they (IN MY OPINION) have a lot to prove - if they get knocked out, it wouldn't surprise me. Oh yea, don't forget probably half of those powerful freshman will probably be in the pros by next 2 yrs - that can put a kink in the plan for a big return.

825623254[/snapback]

you have no idea what you are talking about, it has been a good 5 years since ucla was ranked anywhere near the top 10, and they have a new coach, remember steve lavin was just fired 2 years ago, you are just saying all kinds of random facts in which none of them are true, seriously know waht you are talkinga bout..and no im not defending vitale i can't stand him, you are just saying stuff that is false and i was pointing that out

Doaks is about an inch taller than Keith Ramsey...

Doaks shoots the three better than Ramsey...

Doaks is a better shot blocker than Ramsey...

Doaks is stronger than Ramsey...

Doaks is a better rebounder than Ramsey...

They both score very well inside, so I'll give that a toss-up...

Both are great athletes...

Both are adequate, but not great, passers...

Defenses key on Doaks MUCH more than Ramsey as well, since Ramsey has Top 40 Jr's Oden, Roper, and Jones to take the defensive pressure off him...

Again, this is nit-picking, as they are both great players with great futures...

Also, Good post and points smalltown...

825622910[/snapback]

There are some things people don't realize about Ramsey....while he looks like skin and bones...Anything you see on him is muscle...He has been hitting the weight room and working hard just doesn't have the bulk of others. Better Rebounder def not. You may say that based on stats or AAU gomab but think about the people on Ramsey's teams 6'8 Lucas Jones and Brandan Wright...enough said He doesnt have the stats in the rebounding area such as Doaks because Siegel is so balanced and he has the best player in the state and probably one of the top 3 in nation on his AAU team.

Ramsey has not taken that many 3's this year but he has knocked them down when he has taken them....had 2 or 3 in the first half of final regular season game against Oakland, he just doesn't take as many shots as others. Put someone like Ramsey on Peabody's team and he is just as dominant if not more dominant than Doaks...the difference I see in Ramsey is he makes the people around him better and he continually wants to get better. Anybody who can go from playing post in the first half to playing PG in the second half has a great bball IQ. When I was talking to Stan Heath from Arkansas last night I mentioned that Ramsey rotates between post and PG and his interest perked immediately because it is rare that a 6'7 Junior can do that, not saying he would play PG in college just saying its rare for players like him to be able to do that. The major problem i have seen with Ramsey as of late is he is struggling hanging on to passes. Improve the handles a lil bit and its all there for him

you have no idea what you are talking about, it has been a good 5 years since ucla was ranked anywhere near the top 10, and they have a new coach, remember steve lavin was just fired 2 years ago, you are just saying all kinds of random facts in which none of them are true, seriously know waht you are talkinga bout..and no im not defending vitale i can't stand him, you are just saying stuff that is false and i was pointing that out

825623308[/snapback]

LOL - you are too good - quick example below UCLA preaseason start at 12 and at the end of the season - no where to be found

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/polls/...ls/espn-01.html

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/polls/03polls/espn.html

Yes they have a new coach - but he hasn't proved anything yet!

Don't be surprised if they crash next season too!!

LOL - you are too good - quick example below UCLA preaseason start at 12 and at the end of the season - no where to be found

825628354[/snapback]

ok, and the polls also had georgia tech in the top 5 in preseason b/c they made it to the championship game last year and look what happened to them, by the time february came around they were nowhere to be seen, they dont always know what they are talking about and neither do you...when you are rating a team with a bunch of freshmen you have no idea how they are going to perform, you hvae to give them time, which obviously you dont want to or think you should which is utter stupidity

825628354[/snapback]

Great example, but next time why don't you try using one more recent than 02-03. I'm pretty sure UCLA wasn't in anybodies top 10, or even top 25 this year. Oh and you are also showing your great basketball knowledge by stating that they don't have a big time coach. Ben Howland who won the national coach of the year by almost everybody who gives the award a few years ago at Pitt, and now has led UCLA back to the tournament in his second year, and has another top 20 recruiting class for next year. Great intelligent posts.

ok, and the polls also had georgia tech in the top 5 in preseason b/c they made it to the championship game last year and look what happened to them, by the time february came around they were nowhere to be seen, they dont always know what they are talking about and neither do you...when you are rating a team with a bunch of freshmen you have no idea how they are going to perform, you hvae to give them time, which obviously you dont want to or think you should which is utter stupidity

825628483[/snapback]

Ummm? that is what vitale is saying - PRESEASON POLLS - he is saying NEXT year they will be a powerhouse and if you think they are a powerhouse this year, then you are obviously a crazy ucla fan - they will have to PROVE IT and that is the good thing about TOURNAMENTS - regardless of what you think about the ncaa tournament, no matter how well you play over the year against a soft schedule , if you lose in the first round, I can gaurantee you won't be in the top 20 even if you are #1 in the preseason poll or there all year long (as vitale would say) baby!!! i may not be right on this one, but the trend says ucla starts out in the top 20 and slides out before the end of the season (or they may get to the tournament and lose in the first 2 games). a power house to me is what the ucla teams did in the '60s and early '70s or what Duke has done repeatedly over the past few years

Ummm? that is what vitale is saying - PRESEASON POLLS -  he is saying NEXT year they will be a powerhouse and if you think they are a powerhouse this year, then you are obviously a crazy ucla fan - they will have to PROVE IT and that is the good thing about TOURNAMENTS - regardless of what you think about the ncaa tournament, no matter how well you play over the year against a soft schedule , if you lose in the first round, I can gaurantee you won't be in the top 20 even if you are #1 in the preseason poll or there all year long (as vitale would say)  baby!!! i may not be right on this one, but the trend says ucla starts out in the top 20 and slides out before the end of the season (or they may get to the tournament and lose in the first 2  games). a power house to me is what the ucla teams did in the '60s and early '70s or what Duke has done repeatedly over the past few years

825628785[/snapback]

first i am definitely not a ucla fan AT ALL, dont really like them to any extent..and i never said they are a powerhouse this year?? dont know where you got that from, ive said they are on there way to getting back up to that point, they are getting pieces in place, and vitale is not saying they will be a "powerhouse" next year, as in they will be the best team in the land or anything, what he is saying is they are getting good players and good coaching out there finally ever since the steve lavin era...and about the schedule thing, ucla didn't have a soft schedule, they played in the pac 10 which was the 2nd rated conference by the rpi and they played teams such as notre dame out of conference(thats the only one i could think of right off hand, didn't feel like looking it up) so in my opinion their schedule was just as tough as a kansas, who lost in the first round, and i guarantee you kansas will be in the top 20 after the season..so youre thinking is way off, you are arguing something with no basis so please stop b/c i will keep proving you wrong