Seth Skogen

hoopsnpigskin1587

hahaha, that is probably true. I saw Seth the other day and asked him about all of this, (interesting that he is not on here talking about himself, I kinda admire that) and this is nothing but motivation for him. He is working harder than ever, in the weight room, doing all the little things that make for great players, so everyone can run him down all they want, but I am telling you, he will be ready, he will be one heck of a player, and Golden eagle simply doesnt' know what he/she is talking about...I will take that bet, if you really want it, let me know and we can talk and put some real money on this one..the boy will be good, really good.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha, that is probably true.  I saw Seth the other day and asked him about all of this, (interesting that he is not on here talking about himself, I kinda admire that) and this is nothing but motivation for him. He is working harder than ever, in the weight room, doing all the little things that make for great players, so everyone can run him down all they want, but I am telling you, he will be ready, he will be one heck of a player, and Golden eagle simply doesnt' know what he/she is talking about...I will take that bet, if you really want it, let me know and we can talk and put some real money on this one..the boy will be good, really good.

825646380[/snapback]

I feel slightly bad defending seth so harshley especially against someone with such little knowledge - so do this for me Grace Golden Eagles next time you see seth go up and say something to his face- I'm sure alot of people would enjoy that... B)

Edited by LoveIt

what makes me say that?? do you realize what it takes high major d-1a football??? i mean seriously how many guys out of the chattanooga area have actually made it there recently, i can think of 3 gerald riggs, demonte bolden, and greg smith, i mean yeah im sure there are a few more, but sec level d-1 recruits are few and far between...i mean take a look at matt peardon from boyd buc, he led the chattanooga area in rushing and set a new all time record for the city for most pts(or tds can't remember) in a season, and look where he ended up, carson newman i believe, which is not a knock at all because carson newman is a high profile d-2 program that contends for the national championship every year, but that just shows you the type of athlete/football player it would take to make it to that level...he just doesn't have the speed/size to do it, im sure he is a great football player,but alabama is a stretch..i'll go with grace golden eagles and will say that alabama wont even hear seth skogen's name..but with all do respect i hope he goes and proves me wrong because it is always nice to see local talent make it big

825625704[/snapback]

Hixson Bullock twins Nebraska one will go pro this year after his Jr. year (Miami, Green Bay or Dallas)

Red Bank Marty Love and John Becksvoort

Central FG Auburn

Brainerd Reggie White UT Green Bay

Gary Tucker Miami Dolphins

the list goes on and on Chattanooga has some good players

I with you baller but never say never

Edited by SergeantOwl22

Hixson Bullock twins Nebraska one will go pro this year after his Jr. year (Miami, Green Bay or Dallas)

Red Bank Marty Love and John Becksvoort

Central FG Auburn

Brainerd Reggie White UT Green Bay

Gary Tucker Miami Dolphins

the list goes on and on Chattanooga has some good players

I with you baller but never say never

825647396[/snapback]

Reggie White played at Howard High.

Don't forget just outside (Chattanooga) Hamilton County players like Eric Westmoreland from Marion County & Eddie Moore South Pittsburg both went to Tennessee and did play some in the NFl not sure where they are now.

Edited by Sequatchie

Reggie White played at Howard High.

Don't forget just outside (Chattanooga) Hamilton County players like Eric Westmoreland from Marion County & Eddie Moore South Pittsburg both went to Tennessee and did play some in the NFl not sure where they are now.

825647467[/snapback]

your right about howard high I dont know what I was thinking thanks

Reggie came to our youth football to speak while at Tennessee great guy we all will miss him.

So we are talking about 10, maybe fifteen players from Hamilton and the surrounding counties in D1 in the last 30 years. Let's be generous and say 20. So 20 out of what, 15,000 or so players? Call it 1 in 1000. Or about 2 D1 players every 3 years out of all the fine players in Chattanooga.

I'm rooting for Temple and Seth...but the odds are long. Consider that Boyd has NEVER sent any kid to D1...including Healy (who broke the city passing record) and Peardon (who broke the city scoring record). South Pitt (who has a much longer winning tradition than any other 1a school in the area...or state for that matter) has sent 1 in that time...at least that is all I know of.

On the other hand Tyner has sent several kids to D1...so it isn't impossible.

Just trying to bring everyone a little dose of reality.

Edited by Baldcoach

So we are talking about 10, maybe fifteen players from Hamilton and the surrounding counties in D1 in the last 30 years.  Let's be generous and say 20.  So 20 out of what, 15,000 or so players?  Call it 1 in 1000.  Or  about 2 D1 players every 3 years out of all the fine players in Chattanooga.

I'm rooting for Temple and Seth...but the odds are long.  Consider that Boyd has NEVER sent any kid to D1...including Healy (who broke the city passing record) and Peardon (who broke the city scoring record).  South Pitt (who has a much longer winning tradition than any other 1a school in the area...or state for that matter) has sent 1 in that time...at least that is all I know of.

On the other hand Tyner has sent several kids to D1...so it isn't impossible. 

Just trying to bring everyone a little dose of reality.

825647543[/snapback]

Where did Healy go? I thought he went to the Air Force Academy to play football.

He did and quit after the first year...

825647583[/snapback]

no, he went there, and didn't quit after the first year, actually he didn't technically play for air force, he played in their prep school or wahtever to not lose a year of eligibility and then went on to play for the richmond spiders i do believe