Best catcher in the state?

Bledsoebtheboys

I had never heard of or seen her before, but i watched her warm up and take show and i watched her play the game. I know and hear about the wamsleys and the catchers from the powerhouses but when a girl from a no-name school takes the field and turns heads without a hyped up reputation to preceed her, to me that says a lot. I am not the only one who made that comment about her. I don't think Creek Wood, even though we won, even tested her. Her arm (seriously not exagerrating) would make a lot of baseball catchers jealous. She throws gas. If she is a junior i will make sure and keep up with her next year and if she is a senior and a college coach reads this they need to check her out.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more catcher i think needs to be added to this list,  is ERICA DUKE,  She is a freshman at tullahoma High School,  and is the starting catcher..  Hows that for steping up,  Nice job .  Watch out for this one.

825633358[/snapback]

YOUR'E RIGHT ABOUT HER!!! SHES AWESOME BEHIND THE PLATE AND HAS A GREAT ARM. SHE MAKES THE PITCHERS EVEN LOOK BETTER! SHE HAS A HUGE HEART WHEN IT COMES TO SOFTBALL. ALL THE WAY E!!!

Boys and Girls,

No list of the top catchers in the great state of Tennessee should be without Morristown East's Trisha Massenzo.

Three-year starter, Lakeway Player of the Year as a Freshman!

Great Bat; Even Better Arm!

Word!

825663850[/snapback]

Actually, I think Katy Jett was the Lakeway POY that year and Massenzo was a close second in the voting.

Massenzo is very good no doubt about it.

CHELSEA BRAMLETT FROM FACS and ASHLEY DOWDY from st.benedict... hands down the 2 best catchers ive ever seen.. very fast, great arms im talkin cannons, and can hit the heck outta the ball.. wonderful to watch and ever better to have them catch you

I have coached Sarah Hansen for the past 4 summers. I gave her some baptism by fire as she started catching for me as a 13 year old in the 16U division. I consider her one of the best, if not the best in the state. I base this because I was a collegiate catcher and I know the position, and the fact that we have played teams from California, Arizona, Wahington, Texas, Penn, New York, Ect... I did not see another catcher at her age who had the physical and mechanical tools Sarah possesses. She struggled early with her hitting, but has really come on the pass couple of years in that phase of her game. With all do respect to some great catchers out there, I find it hard to believe that there is one better than Sarah.

Who has the best catcher in the state??????????

Hands down it is Chelsea Bramlett from FACS in Memphis. She will be offered a full scholarship at that position from an SEC school at next falls signing period. She is batting close to .700 and is 18-1 as a pitcher this year. Her speed,hitting and play behind the plate is beyond compare.

She is only a junior but because she goes to a small school, does not get the publicity that the machines from the east and middle receive.

You will probably see her on an olympic podium one day.

Who has the best catcher in the state??????????

Hands down it is Chelsea Bramlett from FACS in Memphis. She will be offered a full scholarship at that position from an SEC school at next falls signing period. She is batting close to .700 and is 18-1 as a pitcher this year. Her speed,hitting and play behind the plate is beyond compare.

She is only a junior but because she goes to a small school, does not get the publicity that the machines from the east and middle receive.

You will probably see her on an olympic podium one day.

825677561[/snapback]

Thats a lot of pressure to put on a young player to say she will probably be on an Olympic podium one day. If thats the case, she might want to consider signing a scholarship to a California or Arizona school, because if you look closely at the past Olympic teams, you dont get a look to try out for them unless you have ties to those states.