District 7-aaa 2005-2006

MidTennFootball

since it is now officially the postseason for boys and girls basketball, we can now look forward to next year. Are their any thoughts/opinions on how district 7 will turn out? In my opinion, this is my way-too-early prediction of the 7-aaa for 2005-2006:

1.) White Co

2.) Riverdale

3.) Cookeville

4.) Siegel

5.) Oakland

6.) Warren Co

7.) Lebanon

8.) Blackman

With Tara Davis amd Kierre McCleary coming back from Oakland, it would not suprise me if Oakland ends up being 3rd down the road, they have the best coaching staff in the district and have who i feel is the most complete player in the district in Tara Davis. Watch for Sarah King and Jalyska Erskyne to both suprise next year as well

Siegel will be higher....not a senior on the team this year and I'm not sure if they have one next year either??

825625244[/snapback]

Any more Riddle sisters around? Or Little Tabs?

825625250[/snapback]

I think all spots in the district are up for grabs, so it would not suprise me to see Siegel up at 2nd or 3rd. Jones is the only Senior they will have next year, but they have to be able to play with more consistency. They had a very good first half of the season but just fell apart down the stretch. If Siegel can play with some consistency, they will be going places.

As for Oakland, no lil Riddle's or lil Almader's :(

Oaklandgrad.....I agree with your picks for the most part. White County has 3 starters back next year plus their #1 player off the bench{soph. Joni Simpson}, so they should be right at the top of the District. I will expect Oakland to be higher than your pick though. Isn't Almader a sophomore? Will she not be back at Oakland?

825625366[/snapback]

I sure hope Oakland does do better than what I have them at, but Oakland graduates over half their team( Almader,Malone,Asberry,Riddle,Lyons,Bowen and Johnson) so it will be very hard to replace all that veteran talent that has left, but with Grandstaff at the helm and having Davis, McCleary, and King back, its certainly isnt out of the realm of possibility

I sure hope Oakland does do better than what I have them at, but Oakland graduates over half their team( Almader,Malone,Asberry,Riddle,Lyons,Bowen and Johnson) so it will be very hard to replace all that veteran talent that has left, but with Grandstaff at the helm and having Davis, McCleary, and King back, its certainly isnt out of the realm of possibility

825625473[/snapback]

Does Oakland lose the big tall girl, I think her number was 44 or something else in the 40s

825625473[/snapback]

I wasn't aware that Almader was a senior. ;)

Siegel will be higher....not a senior on the team this year and I'm not sure if they have one next year either??

825625244[/snapback]

siegel is in a very competitive district. Don't believe what anybody says about Oakland. They are the team to beat and their players know it. The rest of the teams will be around and next season will be the best season ever. The winner next year will have to do their work this summer and I don't mknow of any team that does not have AAU players involved this summer. See you next year.

siegel is in a very competitive district.  Don't believe what anybody says about Oakland.  They are the team to beat and their players know it.  The rest of the teams will be around and next season will be the best season ever.  The winner next year will have to do their work this summer and I don't mknow of any team that does not have AAU players involved this summer.  See you next year.

825626378[/snapback]

I appreciate the support for Oakland but the Lady Patriots are losing close to 80% of their scoring and nearly 90% of their scoring. Grandstaff is a great coach and she has done some very special things at Oakland, but I dont know if she has enough magic to make the Lady Pats district champs next year. Hard to be a great team when you only return 5 players from your varsity and only 2 of them had significant pt.

However, i am not knocking the Lady Pats by any means, I have been one of their biggest supporters, but to say that Oakland is the team to beat in 7-aaa is just incorrect. That Title will belong to White Co or Riverdale