Bonds hints at missing entire season

Bonds has a great deal of his numbers because of juice. He's having a hard time healing because he now can't use juice. Bonds has issues with the IRS because he bought his girl friend a house with unreported autograph money. Bonds has lied to a grand jury about his juice issues.

825627289[/snapback]

Steroids help you recover from joint injuries? How, exactly? And how do we know he lied? BALCO sells flaxseed oil, which is what Bonds says he was taking. Flaxseed oil helps relieve joint pain. And we've established that's something Bonds has problems with.

2. Bonds ego is bigger than the planet. Thus he is a royal jerk.

825627289[/snapback]

So are a lot of people. Babe Ruth was certainly one example of this.

3. Bonds should never be allowed back on a field to break Ruth's and Aaron's records.

825627289[/snapback]

Why not?

4. Baseball will be scarred for a long time over this issue.

825627289[/snapback]

It very well may be, but IMO it's more because they don't have a clue how to manage PR than anything else.

5. Taking illegal drugs to make you be competitive or better than others is far worse to me than Pet Rose betting on baseball.

825627289[/snapback]

What about throwing spitballs, corking bats, or stealing signs? I'd rather have someone cheating to win than not trying to win.

And funny you mention taking illegal drugs to make you competitive. What about the "greenies" (amphetamines, more or less) Hank Aaron took? Or, if we're talking about cheating, I've heard stories about Ruth using illegal bats.

Del (who hasn't been a fan of MLB since the strike and while I enjoyed the runs of McGuire, Sosa and Bonds for the single season homer records I now view it all as a large pile of dung.)

825627289[/snapback]

You're a journalist, right? Isn't spelling names correctly pretty important? Sorry, I just don't understand how the McGuire misspelling has persisted this long. Especially among the media.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are wrong my friend, cheating on the field is alot worse than betting on baseball, plus they never proved that Rose ever betted on his own teams! Why are you feeling so sorry for this guy, he has done nothing but take the public for being stupid for the past few years and now that he realizes people arent as dumb as he thought they were, he is looking for some sympathy, well he aint getting it here! This man has done nothing but manipulate the public, but most of the public is not standing for it anymore!

825627410[/snapback]

1) Rose basically pled no contest to the charges to try to make them go away. He hasn't appealed.

2) Where's your campaign to get Gaylord Perry thrown out of the Hall? He's a WELL known cheater.

question.....am i the only person that thinks that this could just possibly be a faked injury??? not sayin this is the case but its a possibility that he dont wanna get back on the field cause he knows he cant match the stats he put up when he was supposedly on steroids....then it would would be a dead give away in the eyes of most if he goes back to only hitting around 30 hr's. just an opinion.....i dont know if a believe myself but i just thought of this a few minutes ago and wanted to see if this crossed anyone else's mind.

825627430[/snapback]

You think he would have his knee scoped just for the sake of avoiding inquiry? You really think that?

If that's true, why did he have two knee surgeries already this offseason?

Most of all, if that's true, why would the Giants not sue him to get their $18 million investment in him back?

The media picks and chooses?  :rolleyes:

So the attitude and actions of the player don't have any factor in this right?

Bonds reaps what he sews. He acts like a tail and he gets the same treatment in return.

825627322[/snapback]

He doesn't kiss the media's collective butts. Never has. That's not a sin.

And exactly where was Rose accused of throwing a game for a bet? He was only accused of betting on his team to win. I don't think there's one time he was accused of betting against his team.

825627322[/snapback]

He didn't bet on his team every game, though. In fact, he refused to bet on the Reds whenever a particular pitcher pitched.

He owed a lot of money to the mob types he bet with. Any game where he doesn't bet on the Reds is basically telling people he doesn't expect to win. Also, if he knows he's going to bet on his team tomorrow but not today and he's got two starters needing a day off, when do you think they're getting it?

He made phone calls to them from his office right before games. If he's giving last-minute injury information, that's also illegal.

All Bonds ever had to do was say..."Get me a cup." He wouldn't. He wouldn't because he couldn't. Bonds deserves everything he's getting and more.

825627322[/snapback]

1) As a member of MLBPA, he couldn't do that.

2) He's never failed a drug test.

You think he would have his knee scoped just for the sake of avoiding inquiry?  You really think that?

If that's true, why did he have two knee surgeries already this offseason?

Most of all, if that's true, why would the Giants not sue him to get their $18 million investment in him back?

825627568[/snapback]

i didnt say it was true i just said it was a thought i had. read my last setence and you will see that i didnt say that was for sure the case its was just a crazy thought that popped into mind. its not the fact that he's hurt and cant play its the fact that he dont know if he's comin back this season or even worse he dont know if he'll ever be able to play again. this surgery wasnt supposed to be a big deal, he'd be back by May, instead he's probably done for the year.

people have faked injuries before man its not unheard of. i dont know of any in sports but i do know that Brittney Spears faked a knee injury to keep from goin on tour this past year. yes its 2 entirely different cases but if 1 person does it whose to say it wont happen again?

past drug tests couldnt detect all steroids. he's never failed one but do we know for sure he passed one during his record breaking seasons?

825627585[/snapback]

Current drug tests still can't detect all steroids. And they never will be able to...the nature of drug testing is trying to chase cheaters, which is being behind...

Bonds has a great deal of his numbers because of juice. He's having a hard time healing because he now can't use juice. Bonds has issues with the IRS because he bought his girl friend a house with unreported autograph money. Bonds has lied to a grand jury about his juice issues.

1. Bonds records mean exactly squat to me. He's a cheat. He does not need mentioned in the same breath with Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron.

2. Bonds ego is bigger than the planet. Thus he is a royal jerk.

3. Bonds should never be allowed back on a field to break Ruth's and Aaron's records.

4. Baseball will be scarred for a long time over this issue.

5. Taking illegal drugs to make you be competitive or better than others is far worse to me than Pet Rose betting on baseball.

Del (who hasn't been a fan of MLB since the strike and while I enjoyed the runs of McGuire, Sosa and Bonds for the single season homer records I now view it all as a large pile of dung.)

825627289[/snapback]

Del speaks the truth,and I agree.

Can't believe you guys, you say Rose was never found guilty of betting on his team, well Bonds hasn't been found guilty of using steroids. Bonds can put up his same numbers if people would actually pitch to him. Maybe he is tired of getting walked 200 plus times. You are the kind of people that like to pick out one and alienate him. Aaron had things that were bad about him, you don't want to discuss them, Ruth had many on and off the field troubles, and Rose betting on baseball is the worst thing you can do period. People said baseball would be scarred by the strike and they were wrong about that. True baseball fans will love the game, while you others just want to have something to complain about. Most people don't know all the facts on Ruth, Rose, and Bonds so they believe what they want to believe.

Can't believe you guys, you say Rose was never found guilty of betting on his team, well Bonds hasn't been found guilty of using steroids. Bonds can put up his same numbers if people would actually pitch to him. Maybe he is tired of getting walked 200 plus times. You are the kind of people that like to pick out one and alienate him. Aaron had things that were bad about him, you don't want to discuss them, Ruth had many on and off the field troubles, and Rose betting on baseball is the worst thing you can do period. People said baseball would be scarred by the strike and they were wrong about that. True baseball fans will love the game, while you others just want to have something to complain about. Most people don't know all the facts on Ruth, Rose, and Bonds so they believe what they want to believe.

825627959[/snapback]

yea im sure he's tired of gettin walked and thats why he looked like a mental patient yesterday...he's coming off possibly the best season in the history of baseball man. im not just pickin out 1 person i'll say the same thing about McGwire, Sosa, Giambi, Canseco, and whoever else i think has took them. you know all about Ruth's problems huh...im sure you was around to witness it first hand. you're wrong about one thing, the steroids issue hasnt changed my love for the game, heck i just spent 225 bucks last night for tickets to 3 Braves/Cubs this summer. only thing that has changed is the way i look at certain players right now, i've never liked Bonds and now this just gives me more reason to dislike him.

by the way, i bet on baseball games does that make me a horrible person??? gambling is legal if you do it the right way and the only problem it can cause is for you to go broke....steroids will never be legal in anything and do enormous amounts of harm to the body down the road, not to mention the fact that they can cause death....looks pretty obvious which one would be worse.

here you are kissin his ### and telling us we just believe what we hear but you on the other hand have nothing to back your comments up either. we have our opinions, you have yours, life goes on my friend. bad part is we will NEVER know what the truth actually is.

Edited by btowntigers

I posted this on another thread, but, it conveys my opinion about Barry's recent deal:

Bonds is a genious! He's going to be on the DL for a while....he will not have to go through the new steroids tests until he gets off the DL. He's also created a soap opera about why he won't be around for awhile because of the "media". So, everyone is focusing on Barry being a whiner today and not seeing it is a ploy. He paraded his kid in front of the camera yesterday and said he is tired of being run through the ringer. He wanted the fame and enjoys the "Barry s#*ks" chants at Dodger Stadium...but, he doesn't like the other part of being famous. He doesn't like the part of being caught in the public eye with a mistress. He doesn't like the Balco investigation going public. He also evidently doesn't believe he can pass his first steroid test. It's a perfect soap opera to cover up what is really going on with him...he's afraid of being found out!

Granted, he is a great player and a great hitter! But, a guy doesn't put on that much muscle weight without help.

I posted this on another thread, but, it conveys my opinion about Barry's recent deal:

Bonds is a genious! He's going to be on the DL for a while....he will not have to go through the new steroids tests until he gets off the DL. He's also created a soap opera about why he won't be around for awhile because of the "media". So, everyone is focusing on Barry being a whiner today and not seeing it is a ploy. He paraded his kid in front of the camera yesterday and said he is tired of being run through the ringer. He wanted the fame and enjoys the "Barry s#*ks" chants at Dodger Stadium...but, he doesn't like the other part of being famous. He doesn't like the part of being caught in the public eye with a mistress. He doesn't like the Balco investigation going public. He also evidently doesn't believe he can pass his first steroid test. It's a perfect soap opera to cover up what is really going on with him...he's afraid of being found out!

Granted, he is a great player and a great hitter! But, a guy doesn't put on that much muscle weight without help.

825628185[/snapback]

great post!!! thats exactly what i was thinkin, either he cant pass the test or he knows he cant put up the same numbers without the steroids.