Bonds hints at missing entire season

Barry Bonds has hinted that he may be out half the seaons or even miss the entire season because of his knee injury. Bonds says he is tired, mentally drained and says the media had finally broke him. I can sympathize for Barry cause over the past 4 or 5 seasons he has been bombarded by the media and has been carrying his team. I just think it will hurt baseball if he doesn't play but I don't blame Barry at all. What does everyone else think about this?

Story Link- Bonds Hints At Missing Season

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The circus that surrounds Barry also helps hype how great he is which I'm sure he doesn't dislike.

Just like the "Facts of Life" song says - "you take the good take the bad..."

825627248[/snapback]

Barry has done enough on the field to get the hype. You could tell today on his interview that he is seriously tired and looks depressed. I wonder if the media is happy with driving away one of the best basbeall players ever to step onto the field.

Bonds has a great deal of his numbers because of juice. He's having a hard time healing because he now can't use juice. Bonds has issues with the IRS because he bought his girl friend a house with unreported autograph money. Bonds has lied to a grand jury about his juice issues.

1. Bonds records mean exactly squat to me. He's a cheat. He does not need mentioned in the same breath with Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron.

2. Bonds ego is bigger than the planet. Thus he is a royal jerk.

3. Bonds should never be allowed back on a field to break Ruth's and Aaron's records.

4. Baseball will be scarred for a long time over this issue.

5. Taking illegal drugs to make you be competitive or better than others is far worse to me than Pet Rose betting on baseball.

Del (who hasn't been a fan of MLB since the strike and while I enjoyed the runs of McGuire, Sosa and Bonds for the single season homer records I now view it all as a large pile of dung.)

Bonds has a great deal of his numbers because of juice. He's having a hard time healing because he now can't use juice. Bonds has issues with the IRS because he bought his girl friend a house with unreported autograph money. Bonds has lied to a grand jury about his juice issues.

1. Bonds records mean exactly squat to me. He's a cheat. He does not need mentioned in the same breath with Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron.

2. Bonds ego is bigger than the planet. Thus he is a royal jerk.

3. Bonds should never be allowed back on a field to break Ruth's and Aaron's records.

4. Baseball will be scarred for a long time over this issue.

5. Taking illegal drugs to make you be competitive or better than others is far worse to me than Pet Rose betting on baseball.

Del (who hasn't been a fan of MLB since the strike and while I enjoyed the runs of McGuire, Sosa and Bonds for the single season homer records I now view it all as a large pile of dung.)

825627289[/snapback]

I have to disagree with you on a number of your statements. First betting on baseball is the worse thing you can do in the game. Even using steroids a player still has to perform, but purposedly throwing games and betting on the game is unacceptable and worse than using steroids. The media is constantly putting pressure on Bonds and even if he denies using steroids people won't believe him and if he says he does people will rag on him. So what is a man suspose to do. I hate to see this happen to Bonds, but back in the 1920's when Babe Ruth was an alcoholic and abuser everyone still considered him a hero. It is sad that the media picks and chooses who they will alienate and now it is Bonds. Bonds won't break Aaron's record cause he will retire before then cause he doesn't want to go through the media hoopla. Real baseball fans will still love the game. There is cheathing in every sport and if you don't believe that then come back to reality.

I have to disagree with you on a number of your statements. First betting on baseball is the worse thing you can do in the game. Even using steroids a player still has to perform, but purposedly throwing games and betting on the game is unacceptable and worse than using steroids. The media is constantly putting pressure on Bonds and even if he denies using steroids people won't believe him and if he says he does people will rag on him. So what is a man suspose to do. I hate to see this happen to Bonds, but back in the 1920's when Babe Ruth was an alcoholic and abuser everyone still considered him a hero. It is sad that the media picks and chooses who they will alienate and now it is Bonds. Bonds won't break Aaron's record cause he will retire before then cause he doesn't want to go through the media hoopla. Real baseball fans will still love the game. There is cheathing in every sport and if you don't believe that then come back to reality.

825627312[/snapback]

The media picks and chooses? :o

So the attitude and actions of the player don't have any factor in this right?

Bonds reaps what he sews. He acts like a tail and he gets the same treatment in return.

And exactly where was Rose accused of throwing a game for a bet? He was only accused of betting on his team to win. I don't think there's one time he was accused of betting against his team.

Don't get me wrong. As a person Rose is a jerk. But he deserves to be in the hall because of his performance.

Bonds will never deserve to be in the hall because he cheated to hit those homers. If he wasn't a cheat he'd agree to be tested any place any time.

It's like if someone was to ever accuse me of taking drugs. I'd just ask them for a cup or tell them to get a nurse to draw some blood. You might find Jim Beam or Budweiser running through my veins when I'm not driving but you will never find drugs I didn't get from the doctor.

All Bonds ever had to do was say..."Get me a cup." He wouldn't. He wouldn't because he couldn't. Bonds deserves everything he's getting and more.

Del.

Edited by DelTavian

i could care less if he doesnt step on the field this year. i liked watching him break the single season hr record and in my book the records are still his until someone can show some proof, which likely will never happen. however, he is a first class a-hole. he is a jerk everytime the media tries to talk to him and i have no explanation for this but he is the only player in the entire MLB that wont let people put his name in the new baseball games(playstation and stuff in case you dont know what im talkin about). ESPN cant use his name in Fantasy Baseball either...he's just called San Francisco OF....why he does this crap i have no clue. he is a jacka$$ and im glad to see the media breakin him now.

he was even in a jerk in the interview today that yall are talkin about...

Edited by btowntigers

and for the record....i dont see how anyone can say betting on ball games is worse than screwing up the record book by putting up false stats while on the juice....thats IF Bonds did take them. like del said, Rose didnt throw the games so he could win his bets, if he did that would be right up there with the Bonds case.

You two have a misconeption of baseball. You ask any player which is worse and it is betting on baseball. Mangers, players, and the media all agree on that.

825627398[/snapback]

You are wrong my friend, cheating on the field is alot worse than betting on baseball, plus they never proved that Rose ever betted on his own teams! Why are you feeling so sorry for this guy, he has done nothing but take the public for being stupid for the past few years and now that he realizes people arent as dumb as he thought they were, he is looking for some sympathy, well he aint getting it here! This man has done nothing but manipulate the public, but most of the public is not standing for it anymore!

BONDS DO US ALL A FAVOR AND RETIRE! thumb

question.....am i the only person that thinks that this could just possibly be a faked injury??? not sayin this is the case but its a possibility that he dont wanna get back on the field cause he knows he cant match the stats he put up when he was supposedly on steroids....then it would would be a dead give away in the eyes of most if he goes back to only hitting around 30 hr's. just an opinion.....i dont know if a believe myself but i just thought of this a few minutes ago and wanted to see if this crossed anyone else's mind.