Metro Coaching Changes

cobrafan90

My question is how can an uncertified teacher become the head coach of a program. I always thought that Bodenhamer was certified, seeing that we were in school together I finished 2 years ago. Is it just passing the Praxis that is holding him up. Isn't that what kept Broome from the McGavock job initially. If it is he wouldn't be at the 'Wood to much longer any way. If you ask me though, he would be a good fit. Because he does no the players,and a lot of the players know his expectations of them. I believe that Antioch will become a powerhouse in the next few years because a lot of "players" in the school refused to play for Mangrum. I saw a post that said that the freshman Taj was going to another school. So what. Do you know what else is walking the hallways of the school. Good luck to whoever gets the job, it will be a challenge, but it will also be rewarding to the coach.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, Antioch is THE JOB in the midstate. Mangrum just didn't get the job done and lost credibility from the jump. He inherited a team that was coming off a state tournament with three guys that played college basketball and they tanked that first year. I heard that Mario Moore and Nolan Richardson did not get along too well with Coach Mangrum that one year they were together and that soured the upcoming players on him. He never really developed Chris Arnett and David Palmer and that cost him dearly. With that said, maybe he can find a job more to his style and be successful. I don't think he's a bad coach, he just didn't fit at Antioch. Antioch has enough talent to challenge for state championships year in and year out, but they've never had the right guy except for the "brief" Todd Wigginton years. Antioch has always been a victim of picking the wrong coach and I can go back to the Korlin Harrison disaster in the mid 1990's for proof. They had talent back then in guys like Marcus Davis, Jay Gilmore, and David Boyd who had won everywhere they had been coming up through Apollo Middle, but they couldn't get it together back at Antioch because that guy couldn't coach. Even with a new high school in Antioch (probably West Antioch......Nolensville Road or Cane Ridge area). that school still has advantages over other schools in the midstate. I think Arnett Bodenhamer would be the natural fit there, but apparently he may have some certification issues/baggage that Antioch would rather not have. Troy Bond is the interesting choice here, but would he leave home?? Doc has played Antioch before, so I don't know if they will want to go that route. Troy Allen would be a nice fit there, but does he want to leave Hillsboro?? I will be interesting to see who they choose.

ok, all of you criticizing coach bodenhamer, you know not what you Speak of. unless you've worked in a scHool where yoU replaced a legend, losT your supposed To be dominant center your first year, worked with a budget close to zero, worked for a principal who HatEs and puts down sports, worked with other coaches jealous of your program because the kids want to play For yoU and not their losing selfs, got suspended for nothing - in the midst of an undefeated run, lost all your incoming freshmen to other sChools but you get talKed about for recruiting, then, won anyway both years you've been at the wood, and now get blasted by a bUnch of folks that don't know the facts and talk about you because you might try to move to a better Position.

thanks fwnm :ph34r:

In my opinion, Antioch is THE JOB in the midstate. Mangrum just didn't get the job done and lost credibility from the jump. He inherited a team that was coming off a state tournament with three guys that played college basketball and they tanked that first year. I heard that Mario Moore and Nolan Richardson did not get along too well with Coach Mangrum that one year they were together and that soured the upcoming players on him. He never really developed Chris Arnett and David Palmer and that cost him dearly. With that said, maybe he can find a job more to his style and be successful. I don't think he's a bad coach, he just didn't fit at Antioch. Antioch has enough talent to challenge for state championships year in and year out, but they've never had the right guy except for the "brief" Todd Wigginton years. Antioch has always been a victim of picking the wrong coach and I can go back to the Korlin Harrison disaster in the mid 1990's for proof. They had talent back then in guys like Marcus Davis, Jay Gilmore, and David Boyd who had won everywhere they had been coming up through Apollo Middle, but they couldn't get it together back at Antioch because that guy couldn't coach. Even with a new high school in Antioch (probably West Antioch......Nolensville Road or Cane Ridge area). that school still has advantages over other schools in the midstate. I think Arnett Bodenhamer would be the natural fit there, but apparently he may have some certification issues/baggage that Antioch would rather not have. Troy Bond is the interesting choice here, but would he leave home?? Doc has played Antioch before, so I don't know if they will want to go that route. Troy Allen would be a nice fit there, but does he want to leave Hillsboro?? I will be interesting to see who they choose.

825632973[/snapback]

I agree with your post 100%. Coach B has too many character issues to suit Antioch's prinicipal. You know, I mention some of the same possibilites for the Antioch job on page one of this post and lil poppy had a hizzez fitt. Warning, be careful in what you post on this subject. Believe me, just read lil poppy's next reply on this subject!!!

BTW, he has three or more screen names, I know one is biopolar, (nasty), one is when he wants to be interviewed for the Antioch's job (fake) and one when he want's to be McGavock's principal brown nose (hmmm).

Edited by GoldBolt

ok, all of you criticizing coach bodenhamer, you know not what you Speak of. unless you've worked in a scHool where yoU replaced a legend, losT your supposed To be dominant center your first year, worked with a budget close to zero, worked for a principal who HatEs and puts down sports, worked with other coaches jealous of your program because the kids want to play For yoU and not their losing selfs, got suspended for nothing - in the midst of an undefeated run, lost all your incoming freshmen to other sChools but you get talKed about for recruiting, then, won anyway both years you've been at the wood, and now get blasted by a bUnch of folks that don't know the facts and talk about you because you might try to move to a better Position.

thanks fwnm  :D

825633391[/snapback]

Dude, Coach Gamble had to deal with the same financial issues when he was at the helm at Maplewood. It's well known that when you become a Panther coach (any sport) the financial resources aren't their.

Maplewood is/was a failing school, so until they come up to speed with others schools in Metro.............students will continue to leave recruited or not.

A person is never suspended for nothing. The reason for a suspension may be valid or invalid because there's always two side to a story. Coach B was suspended for not following school rules which are define system wide. If I'm Mr. Braden I wouldn't let my employee/coach be the reason why I lost my job either. Besides, valid or invalid the suspension stood. IMO, $4,000.00+ seems to be a valid reason. Oh, I better be careful before I'm suspended tomorrow. DOOTY has read this post!

Edited by GoldBolt

i tried to stay out of this but goldbolt u brought me in !!! look i dont have time to play game, use codes ,or beat around the bush! it sound like you might be a little jealous because your name has not got brought up ,i dont know u nor do i want to know u and u really dont know me so just move on! also do you have a life your last post was at midnight i thought grown men would be laid beside something soft like there wife or girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!! not something hard that you poke on! if i have ever cut your son or beat you in competition im sorry JUST GET YOU GAME UP thumb thumb thumb !to all of you who said i would be a good fit thanks. goldbolt dues are 35 dollars for the naacp if you would like to join we are always looking for people to get out and use there mouth and it sound like you do a great job with that! if that sounds like something u would like to do u know where to find me ! :D : i must go now i have work to do ,oh yeah i forgot i will be getting fired soon so i could stay on here all day but im not so be good all you negative post with these code names. thumb

Goldbolt, nice to see you continue thinking of me in my hour of need. Sorry I couldn't make it Sunday, I was in attendence at my own church with my family. Hey, I'll be there tonight too leading one of the youth groups at a large Baptist Church on Nolensville Road. Stop by and we can all hold hands and sing Kumbaya together.

Antioch looked like a goldmine a few years back when Mangrum was hired as well. What will it take for the next coach to reach the potential of the school?

Pearl-Cohn has much talent, and young talent. Could win big in AA. What will it take for the birds to reach their potential?