Middle TN youngsters to watch?

HSProspect2

I pulled up Cookeville's Herald-Citizen online today to see if I could find any stats on Reeder, and i saw in there that he went 4-4 in a district game last night against Blackman, 3 of the hits coming with 2 strikes according to the paper. Thats pretty impressive for a 14 year old freshman! I hope he keeps improving and hopefully i can make it to Cookeville to see him play this year sometime.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah..i heard that sonny guy throws it pretty hard. how fast does he throw? that catcher is garbage? why is he on varsity if hes garbage? why dont they send him down to JV?

825631448[/snapback]

Well sonny gray is probably one of the best freshman pitchers around. Last night against goodpasture he struck out 10,and hit a homerun against a quality baseball team. The Vandy scout was there watching Goodpastures catcher and he had the gun on Sonny and he was hitting 88-89 consistanly and hit 90 twice,with a 80 duce.SO yea he is one to watch.

Guest The_Siegel_Senior_ptII
Look back to the Tennessee Copperheads to find a group of freshmen to be watching.  Sonny Gray, Brett Lanning, Matt Williams have already been mentioned and played for the team in the past.  Franklin High has Matt Headley and Casey Dykes seeing varsity play, BGA has Zach Brannon who is looking to get into the mix and Brentwood High has Ben Burgess.  Several other Copperheads are playing JV and/or varsity, as well.

825635176[/snapback]

I know Brett Lanning...and pass this word along for me...I could steal on him anyday, anytime, anywhere... :lol: ...tell him his Siegel buddy said hello... thumb

Lawrence Co. has some great 8th grade talent. They have several kids that can hit the ball. The last game I saw one kid hit it 380ft. That is a shot at any level but especially for an 14 yr. old. They have some quality pitching as well kids throwing in the high 70's to low 80's with control and good offspeed pitches to go with. They will be a force in the future if they can stay together.

i seen overtons jv play and they looked terible .The pitcher they threw when they played smyrna coulden't break 55mph, and for there infeild they stunk.The only guy that i thought were ok were the left feilder and the shortstop.

825635984[/snapback]

If the pitcher was so bad why did u only get 5 hits and 1 run. If i do remember correctly we swept yall, and if you think we were bad smyrna blows. I hope this comment was just a funny april fool's joke

Edited by HSProspect2

If the pitcher was so bad why did u only get 5 hits and 1 run. If i do remember correctly we swept yall, and if you think we were bad smyrna blows. I hope this comment was just a funny april fool's joke

825636421[/snapback]

well its hard to wait on a 50mph fastball and a 42mph changeup so i guess thats why and the second game we played we had ppl playin positions they never played before and we just gave up i have no idea why