Middle TN youngsters to watch?

HSProspect2

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warren Co. SOPH Pitcher-Derrin Rogers already 2-0 with wins over Coffee and Cumberland Co.

Cascade SOPHs Tyler Bowman 1B/P, Levi Bain SS/P, Seth Day OF

Riverdale P Choate

825631318[/snapback]

Riverdales lefty Choate is a Junior. He was also a member of the travel team with the 5 sophmores from Oakland and the SS from Smyrna.

yeah..i heard that sonny guy throws it pretty hard. how fast does he throw? that catcher is garbage? why is he on varsity if hes garbage? why dont they send him down to JV?

825631448[/snapback]

Because there is only 4 catchers on the whole SHS team and he is proboly 1 of the best hitters out of the 4 it is either him or kelly thomason. I seen Kelly play great this past weekend he only had one pastball in 3 games and he was hitting the ball very hard so if he keeps on improving himself he has a good shot of playing varsity.

Well they won't be towards the top of the list, but they are pretty good players on our team and in district 7-a. Brett Roddy RHP/1B, and Travis Matthews RHP are pretty good sophmores. Roddy bats 5th for our team and he's a pretty good hitter. Last year he batted about .350 with 3 home runs, not to bad for a freshman. He's also a pretty good pitcher, he throws about 90mph and has a curve ball at times. Matthews basically can only pitch. He throws about 85mph with a good breaking ball and has movement on every pitch he throws.

He's got blazing, a swing as pure as water, great arm strength and durability. Who am I talking about?Drew Colbert, a sophmore who plays all positions for Pickett Co. He may be the most versitil player on the team and maybe even in the state. When his senior season rolls around he may make a run at mr. baseball.He likes playing anywhere in the outfield but with speeds up to 95 mph we have to put him on the mound every district game we have.When you guys see him play you will be amazed. Both the Yankee's and Rangers farm clubs are looking at him for some day down the road.

He's got blazing, a swing as pure as water, great arm strength and durability. Who am I talking about?Drew Colbert, a sophmore who plays all positions for Pickett Co. He may be the most versitil player on the team and maybe even in the state. When his senior season rolls around he may make a run at mr. baseball.He likes playing anywhere in the outfield but with speeds up to 95 mph we have to put him on the mound every district game we have.When you guys see him play you will be amazed. Both the Yankee's and Rangers farm clubs are looking at him for some day down the road.

825631848[/snapback]

Are you talking about Drew Colbert from pickett? I have heard many good things about him and took time to watch him practice and he is the best i have seen in a long time. And i have seen alot of players being a coach. From what I saw he was pitching faster than 95. He is a speedy player too. He was running faster than the other boys without breaking a sweat. He hit 8 homers in batting practice the other day! THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO DESCRIBE THIS YOUNG MAN.....AMAZING!!!!

yeah..i heard that sonny guy throws it pretty hard. how fast does he throw? that catcher is garbage? why is he on varsity if hes garbage? why dont they send him down to JV?

825631448[/snapback]

Because he is garbage compared to Smyrna High's freshman sensation, Andy Philips. This kid will be amazing when he makes it to varsity his senior year.