12:30 PM USN vs Cascade

3:00 Huntland vs Pope John Paul II

5:30 Championship

Edited by PageMan

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have added all the games involving the teams in the Shoney Invitational to their schedules. Some teams had already added most of their games, but there were a few that were missing. Please check your schedules to see if I have made any errors. The championship game will be added to the schedules of the two teams involved once the pool winners are determined. I am not exactly sure what the pools are, but I will post that info when I get it.

WIN, The schedule I was given has Huntland playing USN at 8:00, but the schedule may have changed. It would make sense to have Huntland play at an earlier time since I believe they have the farthest to travel. I will check at tonight's game to see if there has been a schedule change for Friday.

The pool set-up is as follows:

Pool 1 - Page, Huntland, USN

Pool 2 - Eagleville, Cascade, Pope John Paul II

The championship game on Sunday at 5:30 will be between the winners of each pool. Each team will play 4 games involving teams in their pool plus 2 other games involving teams from the other pool.

The original schedule for the Page/Shoney's Invitational has been revised - see post #1. Because the funeral for the Pope is on Friday, the team - Pope John Paul II - will play at Page on Thursday, April 7 at 6:00 instead of Friday. The other 4 teams involved will still play on Friday, but the schedule will be changed so that Huntland and USN will play at 5:45 instead of 8:00.

How are these teams looking this year?  Who are your favorites to win and who are the underdogs?

825637491[/snapback]

Here's the teams records so far:

USN- 5-1

Page 6-1

Huntland 4-8

PJPII 4-5

Cascade 7-5

Don't know about Eagleville

These all may not be right, but they are close.

Here's the teams records so far:

USN- 5-1

Page 6-1

Huntland 4-8

PJPII 4-5

Cascade 7-5

Don't know about Eagleville

These all may not be right, but they are close.

825638360[/snapback]

The record for Huntland is 8wins 4losses- Are the rest of the wins/losses reversed or was this the only one? hummm-- good name Idgit- I like it...

The record for Huntland is 8wins 4losses- Are the rest of the wins/losses reversed or was this the only one? hummm-- good name Idgit- I like it...

825638445[/snapback]

Sorry bout that WIN. I guess when Page played Huntland they looked more like a 4-8 team to me than 8-4. My bad.

Sorry bout that WIN. I guess when Page played Huntland they looked more like a 4-8 team to me than 8-4. My bad.

825640510[/snapback]

I'm sure the folks down in Huntland appreciate the insight. By the looks of your schedule contained in this website, Huntland has one of the best records of any team Page has beaten. The Tennessean has the box score from the game you referenced; it appears they(Huntland) out hit Page 9 to 4, made 6 errors and the losing pitcher was a kid named Steele. It doesn't appear he has pitched since that game. I wonder if he isn't probably the #5 or #6 pitcher they have. Perhaps the Huntland Coach was using some ball players that don't normally play in that opening day non district game to test his depth. It also looks like all (most) the teams in your tournament this weekend are single A. I'll check back next week and see if you guy's win the single A event this weekend. I doubt Cascade nor Huntland will be easy.

Edited by patriot#26