How are the umphires doing this year?

I_Live_4_Baseball

:o I think the "Morgan County" umpires have a rule book just for them. Anyone got an extra "official" rule book they can borrow? They did a sorry job tonight at Oneida against Wartburg. I think if you are from Morgan County you should not be allowed to ump a Morgan County game. Same with any other county.

Good job Oneida Indians! Great game!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ph34r: I think the "Morgan County" umpires have a rule book just for them.  Anyone got an extra "official" rule book they can borrow?  They did a sorry job tonight at Oneida against Wartburg.  I think if you are from Morgan County you should not be allowed to ump a Morgan County game.  Same with any other county. 

Good job Oneida Indians!  Great game!

825644145[/snapback]

think about that for a minute...you wouldnt be able to get any umpires that way who is going to travel to morgan county to call a regular season game do you not use the same umpires as they do usually one group of umpires does most of the district games

well it doesn't matter who the umpires are....with oneida being in a district where they are the only team from scott county, then they shouldn't be excepting good calls. It was a poor job on the umpires behalf last night at oneida, but it's something that the indians can't let get them down.....it's over, there is nothin they can do about it..let it be.

I was at that game and sitting on the other side of the fence we were just wondering where you all came up with the ump behind the plate? Cause he sure didnt do any favors for the Morgan County side. So if you want to put down the other one who was from Morgan County, we feel the same way about him the behind the plate ump.

The only one that was corrected by him (the Morgan County )was one play that the back ump didn't even know what to call.

That was probably the worst one weve had all season.

Get in position, stay as consistant as possible with strike zone, and sell the call. The one gripe I hear that is valid (and even utter myself sometime) is "It's been a strike all day", so don't change the strike zone and people will have to live with your zone.

Every close play is going to be wrong by in 50% of the fans minds.

I agree, the umpire behind the plate wasn't that great either. But no matter what fans u talk to, they are gonna have something negative about a call during their game...and if they don't then u know something is up then. The umpire can't make the right call everytime, there are to many close and questionable calls. But i think that everyone at the game knows that alot more calls went wartburg's way, but all that matters now is what the scoreboard said at the end of the game...no more from me i'm outtie.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree, the umpire behind the plate wasn't that great either. But no matter what fans u talk to, they are gonna have something negative about a call during their game...and if they don't then u know something is up then. The umpire can't make the right call everytime, there are to many close and questionable calls. But i think that everyone at the game knows that alot more calls went wartburg's way, but all that matters now is what the scoreboard said at the end of the game...no more from me i'm outtie.

825645463[/snapback]

You can't be serious, Wartburg's way? That was the absolute worst umping performance I have ever seen in my entire life. Our pitcher had a 50/50 chance of getting a strike called on a pitch in the heart of the plate while our hitters were being rung up on junk at the eyes. To top it, a crusty old man kept yelling "dont help them out" because basically, if you played for oneida you had to swing to get it called a strike. The call at the plate was awkward, ill admit, but it shouldnt have been that close at all, its real easy to hit when your pitcher has to throw into a strike zone the size of a shoebox.

i saw the worst call in my entire baseball career today a pitcher threw a curve which bounced off the plate it actually hit the plate i was stading in the on deck circle when it happened and the home plate blue call it a strike this kind of stuff is totaly inexcuseable the umpire must of had his back turned when he pitched or somethin cause odviously he didnt c it

• 2 weeks later...
This just in...

If you play hard and do your job, the umpires will not affect the outcome of the game.

825636568[/snapback]

Most of the ones we had this year did affect the outcome because they have no idea what they are doing.I just hope none of them giveup their day jobs and try to make a living at being an ump,they will starve