New Rankings

captainmorgan

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, the fact that they are in there is not the problem.  They are having great success.  The problem lies in where they are ranked, not in the sole fact that they are ranked.

825640494[/snapback]

Exactly, you are right on Big G, It is not that they are ranked ,...it is where. The teams that some choose to play tough schedules like Houston, Farragut, CBHS cause their records to be not as spectacular because of who they played. If they played Greenville or Rossviews schedule they would all probably be 7-0 and ranked very high. So records DO NOT reflect the power of the team, more often it is a reflection of the schedule. However, raters have nothing else to go on but records because they can't see all teams. Great Records often mean a higher than deserved ranking. These will all thin out when the season gets to playoffs

Edited by OnThePitch

Exactly, you are right on Big G, It is not that they are ranked ,...it is where. The teams that some choose to play  tough schedules like Houston, Farragut, CBHS cause their records to be not as spectacular because of who they played. If they played Greenville or Rossviews schedule they would all probably be 7-0 and ranked very high. So records DO NOT reflect the power of the team, more often it is a reflection of the schedule. However, raters have nothing else to go on but records because they can't see all teams. Great Records often mean a higher than deserved ranking.  These will all thin out when the season gets to playoffs

825640547[/snapback]

OnThePitch I like what you and Big G have to say. I couldn't agree more! In reviewing the recent DII rankings and the "strength of schedule(s)" of rank teams 1 thru 5 & 7 I'm curious as to the MBA #6 and USN #8 rankings. Should these two teams even be in the rankings at this point in the season. Look at the schedules that McCallie, ECS, Fr.Ryan, CBHS, etc.... have played up to this point. The question I have is, aren't there two other teams in DII that are at least deserving of some type of recognition based on their strength of schedule? I realize that there is still plenty of soccer to be played and anything could happen. The rankings don't mean anything until the last whistle is blown.

Exactly, you are right on Big G, It is not that they are ranked ,...it is where. The teams that some choose to play  tough schedules like Houston, Farragut, CBHS cause their records to be not as spectacular because of who they played. If they played Greenville or Rossviews schedule they would all probably be 7-0 and ranked very high. So records DO NOT reflect the power of the team, more often it is a reflection of the schedule. However, raters have nothing else to go on but records because they can't see all teams. Great Records often mean a higher than deserved ranking.  These will all thin out when the season gets to playoffs

825640547[/snapback]

Okay I will agree with you on Greenville, but not Rossview. Rossview is 11 and you didn't name any other teams and I don't think their schedule has been that easy so far. They tied ECS and Farragut lot to them(so they wouldn't be 7-0), they beat Smyrna and Oak Ridge lost to them. I'm not saying that Rossview would beat either of these teams, all I'm saying is that I believe they deserve the respect they are starting to receive. As for the weak opponents they have played, its not really their fault as they are in their district(i'm sure they would play Clarksville NW if they didn't have to) and in tournaments.

i agree with play2live about rossview. for the time being they deserve to be ranked, they still have some tough competition ahead before they prove they deserve to keep their ranking. greenevill probably deserves to be ranked just because theyre undefeated, but we'll see how both teams fair for the remainder of the season