Blaze QB to RHS!

Blazer14

Does all of the above mean that 'Free Agentcy' has finally come to High School Football? :)

'Practice Squad'?  That sounds so much nicer than what most of the players call it......'tackling dummies'! ;)

For the life of me I cannot believe what y'all are taking this so seriously about.  This is NOT life or death stuff.  It is High School Football.

If everyone is getting this upset this early, what in the world is it gonna be like when the season FINALLY gets here? ;)

For myself, I am gonna just sit back and try to enjoy watching the games.

825643221[/snapback]

It is comical. maybe you didn't get the sarcasm in my post. but the truth is, i'm sure riverdale had more to offer "juicy" than blackman did.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is comical.  maybe you didn't get the sarcasm in my post.  but the truth is, i'm sure riverdale had more to offer "juicy" than blackman did.

825643369[/snapback]

Nope, was more upset because I had just read the story about Spring Hill's coach going to Afcrapastan. This year it reminds me more and more when I was going to High School and all my friends had to look forward to was either they went to college or they went to Nam. This year so many of these fine young men are looking forward to going to either college or Iraq AFTER the football season ends. While the 'draft' is gone for now, it only takes a signature to bring it back. Having spent 30 years in the military has taught me one thing, and that it is the young men who are killed for OLD men's wars.

I apologize for being a downer, but I face reality everyday and know what they are in for. Sort of puts things into prospective though.

Now you know why I put so much in being able to watch my son play a game for at least one more year.

Nope, was more upset because I had just read the story about Spring Hill's coach going to Afcrapastan.  This year it reminds me more and more when I was going to High School and all my friends had to look forward to was either they went to college or they went to Nam.  This year so many of these fine young men are looking forward to going to either college or Iraq AFTER the football season ends.  While the 'draft' is gone for now, it only takes a signature to bring it back.  Having spent 30 years in the military has taught me one thing, and that it is the young men who are killed for OLD men's wars.

I apologize for being a downer, but I face reality everyday and know what they are in for.  Sort of puts things into prospective though.

Now you know why I put so much in being able to watch my son play a game for at least one more year.

825643443[/snapback]

It would take more than just a signature to reinstate the draft....save that for the open discussion board.

I heard about this ML thing a couple of months ago. Maybe it just now went through, I don't know. I don't care either. Rankin can have "Juicy". It takes more than just one player to make a team a state title contender. I saw ML play last year and the year before. Good player.....but not close to his brother. Now that is not a knock at him, just an observation. He will have to work hard to reach that plateau. Not impossible just not there yet.

It would take more than just a signature to reinstate the draft....save that for the open discussion board.

I heard about this ML thing a couple of months ago.  Maybe it just now went through, I don't know.  I don't care either.  Rankin can have "Juicy".  It takes more than just one player to make a team a state title contender.  I saw ML play last year and the year before.  Good player.....but not close to his brother.  Now that is not a knock at him, just an observation.  He will have to work hard to reach that plateau.  Not impossible just not there yet.

825643485[/snapback]

your right, some years it can take a couple guys from cookeville and various other towns to win a state title.

someone stated that his mom is renting an apartment to make him eliglble ... if his parents are getting a divorce and she has custody that is OK however if juicy is still living at blackman(is that recruiting) then he WILL NOT be elegible he has to physically move as far as playing time he might get some defensive back position he will not beat scott thomas that kid is good he will be like stephen britton except he can run better that britton did he has a cannon for an arm he played in a lot of games and threw the ball very accuratly maybe locke could be a receiver also as far as ZEKE goes i can promise you he would rather live with his MOM and DAD and the last thing he want to worry about is who is gonna win the fight over me ZEKE is a great kid and doesnt deserve the crap he is getting good lcuk wwith seigal ZEKE except when you play us of course

I really did not intend to start a controversy here. And I was  certainly not directing what I said about ML. That young man would get Playing Time wherever he chose to go b/c he is a decicated athlete, a leader, and a good student. In no way did I intend to put him down in any way, and I would like to make that perfectly clear. It is also his choice to go where he wants to play football. And I wish him success.

All players have important roles on a football team. Yes, the scout team is extremely important and you have to have one to be good. A good scout team can push you to  higher levels . I am not putting down any kid that has the guts to practice and do the time to play by any means. Every kid from 1st string to freshman level is part of the cog.

However...... IF I were to wear a state champ ring, I would not want to tell someone that I was 12th string center on that team. And I do know for a fact that there are kids on the 100 plus of Riverdale who do not know what some of their teammates names are. And I think that is a shame. And I am sure that there are coaches too that don't know all players names on the team either.

When some of our sophs graduate, they will be able to say that they started on varsity for 3 yrs, just like LUTER can now. I am sure that LUTER would have loved to have had a ring to show for his sweat and hard work, but I guarantee you that no one loved this program at OHS like he did. Would he trade his 3 yrs of starting for 1 yr of playing time  and a ring? I am not sure, only he could answer that. And I will say that the two young men that we had transfer over from RHS in the last few yrs were willing to give up a "ring" with little  PT for a chance at PT. And both earned starting nods.And I wouldn't trade either young man for anyone. But as I said it is certainly a matter of choice.......... 

One final thought ....the school that scored the most college signees this year was Smyrna, not Riverdale. Right now they already have a player verbally committed to Vandy. So that is another thing to weigh........do you want a ring or a full ride?? I mean face it.....it is all a matter of your priorities. I am hoping that the group of kids that he have now at OHS can achieve all of the above: playing time, a ring, and a full ride to the next level......and I am confident that we can.

Did I tell you about the PAIN TRAIN?

825643051[/snapback]

Smyrna was loaded with talent and will be again this fall. They were just a couple players away last year. Definitely a team that is getting better and better each year.

The transfer thing has a lot of different angles. It's the kids' lives and they should do what is best for them.

someone stated that his mom  is renting an apartment to make him eliglble ... if his parents are getting a divorce and she has custody that is OK however if juicy is still living at blackman(is that recruiting) then he WILL NOT be elegible he has to physically move as far as playing time he might get some defensive back position he will not beat scott thomas that kid is good he will be like stephen britton except he can run better that britton did he has a cannon for an arm he played in a lot of games and threw the ball very accuratly maybe locke could be a receiver also as far as ZEKE goes i can promise you he would rather live with his MOM and DAD and the last thing he want to worry about is who is gonna win the fight over me ZEKE is a great kid and doesnt deserve the crap he is getting good lcuk wwith seigal ZEKE except when you play us of course

825643651[/snapback]

Have you ever heard of using a period in between sentences?

I heard about this ML thing a couple of months ago.  Maybe it just now went through, I don't know.  I don't care either.  Rankin can have "Juicy".  It takes more than just one player to make a team a state title contender.  I saw ML play last year and the year before.  Good player.....but not close to his brother.  Now that is not a knock at him, just an observation.  He will have to work hard to reach that plateau.  Not impossible just not there yet.

825643485[/snapback]

I think that most people will agree with you about this.

your right, some years it can take a couple guys from cookeville and various other towns to win a state title.

825643491[/snapback]

There have been about 35,000 people move to the "boro in the past ten years. Why is it a crime that some of them play football, and some wind up at Riverdale?

Oh, I know - I bet you "know" something, right?

There have been about 35,000 people move to the "boro in the past ten years.  Why is it a crime that some of them play football, and some wind up at Riverdale?

Oh, I know - I bet you "know" something, right?

825644001[/snapback]

yeah well its not every day a player like todd howard just moves to the boro and play at riverdale, i mean, why is it the best atheletes always end up at the already established powerhouses?(not just riverdale, but abi ramsey somehow ended up in shelbyville?) ha, i guess its just all a coincidence!

but wait, howard ended up back at cookeville? B)

its so funny to see you people act like your team is innocent.

in fact, i do "know" about rankins offer to the freshman who were to be at blackman when it opened. but your right, never been proven, but before you say that, is it not possible for people to associated with TSSAA to be just as corrupt to let these things slide?(such as taped phone calls) I think it is.

anyway, you guys can keep enjoying your success because i'm not tied to any high school team anymore and could care less. But i always like to reveal what i know, and it makes for good argument and conversation material.(not to mention how funny it is to see you guys act like your coach has a halo over his head in the coaching world.)

Edited by footballfanatic