A Tough Loss for Shelbyville

fcmama

Once again, Shelbyville Eaglelettes suffer a tough loss against Coffee Co. after a questionable call by an official. You know it's questionable when even the Coffee Co. fans say the call was wrong. Why do some of the calls always seem to go one way? Both teams played hard. Shelbyville had some hard hit balls down 3rd base that kept that player out of sorts. It's a shame when the final score comes down to a questionable call. Shelbyville girls are working hard and it won't be too long before the calls start falling their way. Keep up the good work! :unsure:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, Shelbyville Eaglelettes suffer a tough loss against Coffee Co. after a questionable call by an official.  You know it's questionable when even the Coffee Co. fans say the call was wrong.  Why do some of the calls always seem to go one way? Both teams played hard.  Shelbyville had some hard hit balls down 3rd base that kept that player out of sorts.  It's a shame when the final score comes down to a questionable call.  Shelbyville girls are working hard and it won't be too long before the calls start falling their way.  Keep up the good work! :unsure:

825644521[/snapback]

Have you ever umpired a game before? Im guessing prob not, cause if you have then you would know that even the best umpires miss a couple of calls. The umpire made the call he thought was right so get over it.

I will admit I thought the call was wrong, so I will say tough loss for Shelbyville. However, some very aggressive base running took you guys out of several innings. You just play straight up you probably win 5-3 even with the bad call. You should score more than two runs with 11 hits.

Have you ever umpired a game before? Im guessing prob not, cause if you have then you would know that even the best umpires miss a couple of calls. The umpire made the call he thought was right so get over it.

825644602[/snapback]

I know it's hard to umpire a game and even the best make errors. It just gets under my skin when the majority of the calls that are questionable are against us and not our opponents. Most umpires do a great job and I don't envy the slack they have to put up with. Just once I would like to see a call go in our favor. If it does I will sure comment about it too.

Oh by the way, you want me to get over it because you guys came out on top because of it. I am sure that if it had not happened, you would be singing a different story. And I am over it. See you at the district.

Edited by fcmama

I know we're beating a dead horse here but fcmama and I are just frustrated

with the way things seem to turn out for our eaglettes. We finally start hitting

the ball better and the defense is pretty much doing their job and yet we still

don't come out on top. I know that those are the breaks but sometimes you

just have to vent. Hopefully when district tournament time rolls around everybody

will be bringin' their A-game.

The call was missed. Everybody knows this. What happened after the missed call cost Shelbyville the game. Everybody knows that. Shelbyville still would have won the game if it weren't for 1 defensive error and three baserunning/coaching errors. All three of cc's runs were scored after a badly played bunt. The first cc runner to score should have been thrown out going to third. The Shelbyville player ran her towards third base instead of second and then threw the ball away. That would have been out number 2. The next batter, (or it may have been 2 batters), made an out which would have ended the inning with no runs scored. I don't even want to comment on the baserunning/coaching. But I will. To get one baserunner thrown out is excusable because you are being aggressive. But three? Shelbyville should have won the game 3-0.

Once again, Shelbyville Eaglelettes suffer a tough loss against Coffee Co. after a questionable call by an official.  You know it's questionable when even the Coffee Co. fans say the call was wrong.  Why do some of the calls always seem to go one way? Both teams played hard.  Shelbyville had some hard hit balls down 3rd base that kept that player out of sorts.  It's a shame when the final score comes down to a questionable call.  Shelbyville girls are working hard and it won't be too long before the calls start falling their way.  Keep up the good work! :)

825644521[/snapback]

Well I hate to bust your bubble fcmama, but if a team really puts in their best effort the game shouldn't HAVE to come down to one call, and what's the real shame is when you make excuses for your team by saying it came down to that one call, it's as if you all never made any errors or did anything bad the whole game came down to that one call... yeah right....

Once again, Shelbyville Eaglelettes suffer a tough loss against Coffee Co. after a questionable call by an official.  You know it's questionable when even the Coffee Co. fans say the call was wrong.  Why do some of the calls always seem to go one way? Both teams played hard.  Shelbyville had some hard hit balls down 3rd base that kept that player out of sorts.  It's a shame when the final score comes down to a questionable call.  Shelbyville girls are working hard and it won't be too long before the calls start falling their way.  Keep up the good work! :)

825644521[/snapback]

Fcmama, I don't think the 1 call cost you the game. The plays that killed you was trying to steal on Coffee's catcher! Bad mistake-many have tried & many have failed! The girl has an accuerate cannon & has taken Coffee out of many tough situations! Goingdeep