bad calls can cost you the game

lineit

You're right, i'm too "stupid" to admit that shelbyville lost the game SOLEY because of the umpires call. what was i thinking? .....I am not a shelbyville fan and i'm definately not a coffee fan, so i have no favorite team in my opinions. I just found this thread humorous when it was saying that this team lost because of the umpire, but go ahead believe what u want, but last time i checked there were 7 innings in a game. whats ridiculous is to say that the entire 7 innings were lost because of one bad call.( yes yes i know, "The girl was on third, it would've been the third out....blah blah blah") I understand that it may have been a game changing moment, BUT there is absolutely NO difference in saying that the call cost shelbyville the game vs. saying base running cost them the game. there are questionable calls in every game, thats just the way it is, the umps are not perfect and definately not responsible for a teams win or loss( no matter what the situation is). Blaming an ump is just like blaming a specific girl on a team for the loss, its just not right, nobody's perfect) and if u havent realized that by now then apparently you're the arrogant one. shelbyville is a decent team and its sad to see that this one call can get to them sooo bad. my comments may be wrong or whatever but i'm not in denial, it is my opinion, and you're not going to change it." nor am i trying to change yours, i just voiced my opinion...end of story and now i'm done wasting my time.

825647027[/snapback]

FINALLY!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chalk away.  That was so long ago I don't even care anymore.  It wouldn't change your opinion of what happened.  I saw what I thought were calls that could have gone our way and did not.  Story of our lives.  Interpretation is in the eye of the beholder.  You have yours and the rest of us will have ours. We could spar back and forth for the next 100 years and nothing would change.  By the way, humor at the expense of others is not what I call humor.

825646447[/snapback]

AMEN-BROTHER!

Cry me a daggum river!  You shouldn't have let the game come down to one call!

825647019[/snapback]

DUH... sometimes the two teams playing are such good competitors that it comes down to 1 run or 1 call to make or break you. Everyone likes to win by more than 1, 2, or 3 runs but sometimes it just doesn't happen. How come no one is saying CC should have won by more than one run? Same concept....

Well it isn't necessarily the same concept.Shelbyville might be the better team as far as talent goes and may have played just bad enough that CC could come out on top but since Shelbyville is the better talented team they didn't allow CC to beat them by more than one run. I still believe that the call didn't lose the game but like was stated earlier we could spar back and forth all day. I believe that a ground ball or a pop-up could have gotten you guys out of the game. Or, at least keeping the girl from scoring from second and playing extra innings.

Well it isn't necessarily the same concept.Shelbyville might be the better team as far as talent goes and may have played just bad enough that CC could come out on top but since Shelbyville is the better talented team they didn't allow CC to beat them by more than one run. I still believe that the call didn't lose the game but like was stated earlier we could spar back and forth all day. I believe that a ground ball  or a pop-up could have gotten you guys out of the game. Or, at least keeping the girl from scoring from second and playing extra innings.

825647151[/snapback]

I agree it's not really the same concept...apology. However, there is no "you guys" because I don't have any connection to CC or Shelbyville. I simply posted to: bad calls can cost you the game; nothing about CC or Shelbyville directly. Like I said, I wasn't at the game so all I can do is voice my opinion about umps and how I understand the game went. WE ARE ALL GOING TO VIEW IT DIFFERENT WAYS AND ARE ALL ENTITLED TO OUR OPINIONS!!!

And I do agree with you...we can go back and forth all day and never get anywhere so everyone needs to post their opinions and respect others. B)

If same umpires working tonight that worked that game then call was just missed honestly if missed. Two of your better umpires we have in high school softball are these two. Thnak goodness they are not from Lincoln Co. so that cant be hollered if we win. But im betting on a great game as seems like we always have close games with Shelbyville. Always enjoy talking and aggravating with the two young ladies that coach Shelbville and both do an outstanding job with the girls, I can remember not too many yrs. ago a game with Shelyville was an win for sure but they sure have changed the program around. Good luck Lady Falcons!

The umps that called the game against Shelbyville and Coffee will be the same two umpires tonight, when Shelbyville travels to Lincoln County

825647175[/snapback]

That is fine. We know it was a missed call and not an obvious slight toward Shelbyville. No one ever accused anyone of that. It was a missed call that changed the possible outcome of the game. The majority of us have faith in our umpires and we know they will call a fair game against both teams tonight. Some of us just seem to have better luck than others.

Good luck to both teams.

If same umpires working tonight that worked that game then call was just missed honestly if missed. Two of your better umpires  we have in high school softball are these two. Thnak goodness they are not from Lincoln Co. so that cant be hollered if we win. But im betting on a great game as seems like we always have close games with Shelbyville. Always enjoy talking and aggravating with the two young ladies that coach Shelbville and both do an outstanding job with the girls, I can remember not too many yrs. ago a game with Shelyville was an win for sure but they sure have changed the program around. Good luck Lady Falcons!

825647193[/snapback]

Thank you for being positive for a change. You are right. Our progam has come a long way and can only get better. I am hoping for a good close game tonight. All of the ugliness that has come out of this post does nothing but down grade the girls. There are a bunch of great girls on both teams. Good luck to them both!

The umps that called the game against Shelbyville and Coffee will be the same two umpires tonight, when Shelbyville travels to Lincoln County

825647175[/snapback]

i thought lincoln co used umpires from the columbia association; i thought the umpires in question here were out of the m'boro association; can someone clear this up?