soddy vs. McMinn

soccerguy07

Yea i heard about those Soddy fans bein a little mean to my man Hiroki. Well, when region comes around and if we get to play Soddy again, you guys are gonna get destroyed not only by the team, but we will most definetly have some students there to be all over you for the entire game. I dont think Mr. Bobby Earls liked what you children said towards Hiroki, so look for a little payback.

825656073[/snapback]

Burnt, I hear what you are saying. I was at the Soddy game. There were only a few of the Soddy fans that were out-of-hand. The sad part is that the Soddy principal was present and made no effort to stop what was going on. I do hope, should Soddy come to McMinn, that the students and fans will show more respect for the Soddy team. Also, I have heard that the Soddy principal was told about the fan comments and that the reply was "Sounds like sour grapes; since McMinn lost".

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burnt, I hear what you are saying. I was at the Soddy game. There were only a few of the Soddy fans that were out-of-hand. The sad part is that the Soddy principal was present and made no effort to stop what was going on. I do hope, should Soddy come to McMinn, that the students and fans will show more respect for the Soddy team. Also, I have heard that the Soddy principal was told about the fan comments and that the reply was "Sounds like sour grapes; since McMinn lost".

825656099[/snapback]

Thanks for your comment. Real nice principal you have there...not. I'm just going by what i heard, to know that the principal made no effort to stop it is disturbing. you try that stuff at McMinn and you are told to stop quickly.

you try that stuff at McMinn and you are told to stop quickly.

Then why wasnt it stopped when we were up there last year? You guys fans are no better than ours i heard plenty of crap from your team when they stand on the sideline, so therefore sir you have no room to talk.

And as for regions BRING IT ON!!!!!!! Well be ready, and there certainly wont be any destroying going on.

after watching mcminn play this weekend i would say they wont get beat by soddy if they play again

How can you say that Bear if you havent even seen us play?

And thank you emitreccossti. I would say Chris will be getting a football scolarship, not soccer though.

if the two play again it will be at soddy in the region. that is a great place to play...very nice field and the stadium is great. im sure the principal didnt overlook the racial comments if he heard them. he would have never achieved that position by being that negligent. soddy beat mcminn on the field that nite, plain and simple. a big ignorant fan is just a big ignorant fan. every school has one. it is only sad to see a class team with a great win being overshadowed by a moron in the stands. hats off to you soddy.....hope you make it to memphis. good luck!

The McMinn fans have been horrible to SD fans each year we have played there. In fact, SD hates traveling to McMinn because of the bad sportsmanship that has become common practice. I can't believe this one sided version of our fans and principal. This is a principal that preaches good sportmanship to his students on a continuous basis. SD has won the TSSAA A. F. Bridges Sportsmanship award twice and has been nominated on other occasions. McMinn fans need to face up to another fact of the game, that being a McMinn adult male who went down to the SD student section and made threats to the students. Yes, a man challenging students to take him on. How can this be condoned? I saw the principal go down to the SD students and tell them to make sure they were acting in a sportman like manner and addressed with them the man's complaint. This whole McMinn mistreatment deal is completely one sided. No complaints were made during the game, other than the man wanting to beat up on students. All of these complaints came after the game, when SD won.

The McMinn fans have been horrible to SD fans each year we have played there. In fact, SD hates traveling to McMinn because of the bad sportsmanship that has become common practice. I can't believe this one sided version of our fans and principal. This is a principal that preaches good sportmanship to his students on a continuous basis. SD has won the TSSAA A. F. Bridges Sportsmanship award twice and has been nominated on other occasions. McMinn fans need to face up to another fact of the game, that being a McMinn adult male who went down to the SD student section and made threats to the students. Yes, a man challenging students to take him on. How can this be condoned? I saw the principal go down to the SD students and tell them to make sure they were acting in a sportman like manner and addressed with them the man's complaint. This whole McMinn mistreatment deal is completely one sided. No complaints were made during the game, other than the man wanting to beat up on students. All of these complaints came after the game, when SD won.

825656459[/snapback]

I am saddened to hear of the ruckus at Soddy. Soddy has a top notch team this year and doesn't need fans to dampen their spirits. As a full time spectator myself it is very hard to sit back and say nothing if the officiating seems one sided or if there is some other student or spectator problem. Learning to bite my lip and let the kids play is something that all of us could do better. Good luck to both teams and if these two pair off again in the region, hopefully all will be good sports, on and off the field.

825656459[/snapback]

The fact is that students are not the "best sports", they are often rude teenagers. However, if an adult gets into it with a student the adult should be ashamed of himself, but in all honesty he would probably lose in a fight to an eighteen year old.

after seeing soddy and mcminn play for the 7th or 8th time in the last 5 years i am amazed at all the ruckus about fans. what is the point of a home field advantage? i agree that racial slurs should never be condoned but as to loud and rowdy fans go at it.i think the problem is that some people dont' let go when the game is over. players play hard , fans cheer hard and coaches get gray hairs but when the final whistle goes it's over. go shake hands appreciate the efforts and go on with your life.

after seeing soddy and mcminn play for the 7th or 8th time in the last 5 years i am amazed at all the ruckus about fans. what is the point of a home field advantage? i agree that racial slurs should never be condoned but as to loud and rowdy fans go at it.i think the problem is that some people dont' let go when the game is over. players play hard , fans cheer hard and coaches get gray hairs but when the final whistle goes it's over. go shake hands appreciate the efforts and go on with your life.

825656967[/snapback]

I am 100% in agreement. Just like in youth league sports, when parents want to take charge, things get ugly. We need parental support, but sometimes adults get off track of what is best for the team. I thought Soddy played a hard fought game and deserved the win. The fans have become the issue and every school in the state has some fan who can be a pain.