Alcoa and Maryville

a-town1408

Ok all knowing, all seeing, college football playing, prognosticator. I was all ready to give you props for some insight, but you're off the deep end here.

Maryville can beat the following regulalry...maybe not every single year, but regularly:

Ooltewah- you think is better than OR?

Soddy Daisy- again...better than OR?

William Blount- hahaha we're 19-3 all time

Heritage- hahahahahaha we're 20-6 all time

Sevier County-good once every 10 years, we're 12-8 all time

Oak Ridge- only tough opponent in E. TN, we're 3-3 all time

Farragut- our record against Farragut thus far is 5-2

Dobyns Bennett- this game would be an instant classic.

Karns- we've beaten Karns every time we've ever played them

Franklin- did you see the butt whoopin Riverdale put on them?

Hendersonville- see where they dropped outta the playoffs in 2004

Who is it that's gonna put two losses a year on MHS in 5A? No, we would not beat Riverdale with much regularity until those two new 5A schools open up in their back yard. But we're practically a mirror image of Riverdale...ask their fans.

The 5A move is in 2009, by the way.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep and We're comin to recruit in Oak Ridge this week BE. I like to try and get them whne their young enough to develop, so could you have your best middle school kids down at the high school field about 3pm on saturday afternoon?

That way I can inform them about playing for the Rebels and how playing for the kittys is really a waste of time...won't be winning any championships playing there for sure.

Also, if there are any good sophomores at OR, I'd like to talk to them too. Please set some time aside after school one day this week and the Rebel caravan will be by to speak with them. Thanks for setting this all up for me...you boob. :P

Thanks dmoyers for the encouraging comment. haha Well you might think I have but I know different. We could argue till were blue in the face but we just wont know till the jump up there here in the next five years. I promise you this, it is going to truly test the Red Rebels.

I wonder what will happen to Maryville when they move up to 5A in a couple year.  Their enrollment has been increasing and I see them making the jump in a couple years.  In my opinion yes Maryville is a awesome 4A team but in 5A I am sure they will not win state like they have been.  Depending on what region they play in  they could lose at least 2 games in the regular season.  I am talking about the region that William Blount is in, that region is loaded.  I could see Maryville maybe getting beat by Soddy or Ooltewah and going back and forth between Oak Ridge and them.  But even these teams are still not the cream of the crop in 5A.  If Maryville made it into the playoffs they would probably run into a team out of Nashville(Riverdale, Franklin, Hendersonville) that simply dwarfs them population wise.  Its just a fact of numbers.  I know Maryville fans will be like nah we will do the same in 5A.  Just trust me I have played high school football in 5A and went on to play college football for four years.  5A is a different ball of wax with some very athletic and huge teams coming out of Tennessee bigger cities(Nashville, Memphis).

825652595[/snapback]

Every year you hear the same ole song and dance, "Boy Maryville get's into 5A then things will be over". I agree when that happends it will be very difficult for Maryville or anyone to dominate 5A. There are many factors that would play into this. One would be Maryville would be a small 5A school for a while. The planning commission is not sure about future annexation. You can only pack so many homes in the city limits. You should kick yourself if you think Maryville could not have competed with most 5A teams the past 8 years. A few years ago Red Bank won the 5A state championship will G Riggs then droped down to 4A the followiing year. The 5A state champs had thier butts handed to them by Maryville that year. I wish Maryville could play Oak Ridge and DB every year now, no one is afraid of those great programs around Maryville.

You'd even take your kid off the team, right FBE? :o

825652457[/snapback]

We lived in the city limits when my kid started High School. Since moving into the county we have been paying the piper! It would be unfair to remove him fron High School after starting 9th grade at the school I think Tennessee has a law protecting kids who behave from being forced to leave a school once they begin.

I wonder what will happen to Maryville when they move up to 5A in a couple year.  Their enrollment has been increasing and I see them making the jump in a couple years.  In my opinion yes Maryville is a awesome 4A team but in 5A I am sure they will not win state like they have been.  Depending on what region they play in  they could lose at least 2 games in the regular season.  I am talking about the region that William Blount is in, that region is loaded.  I could see Maryville maybe getting beat by Soddy or Ooltewah and going back and forth between Oak Ridge and them.  But even these teams are still not the cream of the crop in 5A.  If Maryville made it into the playoffs they would probably run into a team out of Nashville(Riverdale, Franklin, Hendersonville) that simply dwarfs them population wise.  Its just a fact of numbers.  I know Maryville fans will be like nah we will do the same in 5A.  Just trust me I have played high school football in 5A and went on to play college football for four years.  5A is a different ball of wax with some very athletic and huge teams coming out of Tennessee bigger cities(Nashville, Memphis).

825652595[/snapback]

Don't folks like you ever get tired of beating this dead horse? Wonder what Maryville will do in 5A ball, they will get beat, blah blah blah. Maryville is a 4A school and right now that is all they have to concern themselves with. We usually paly a Nashville or Memphis team each year we make the State, Hillsboro, Whites Creek, Pearl Cohn, Memphis East, Melrose so save the intimidating geography lesson for someone who cares.

Eye recruits. But eye'm knot goin' to "admit people they recruit."

Go Rebs.

825653283[/snapback]

Stars, your hillbilly grammer schtick is getting very tiresome....try to add something constructive to the board next time. There is no doubt Maryville could compete at the 5a level and be very successful. Could they win as many championships? I seriously doubt it. Nonetheless it would be a great challenge for Quarles and his staff.

Edited by fisheye

fish i, dis is wat yew git wen yew pik own starz....

dee funnee tang MHS, is dat marevul is dee onlee konstant in yer storee...evr knowticed dat? West TN saenz a neew teem ever year...dee east just sendz marevul...enter-estang.

Eye ain't two worreed bout TN teems at inee level ah play. Dee best can't ever seam two beat usins an eets a diffrnt best evr yeer.