a good new region in 6-4AAAA

Footballen

Mt. Juliet is looking to have a real strong year this year. They have the talent to beat anyone it just the guys don't have much experiance and that could make some problems come up against some of these teams. At the Vandy Passing Camp they played real well but had the simple mistakes that can be corrected really easy and at the Big Lineman Challenge at Vandy Mt. Juliet took first place. I have a schedule I have just got to find it and I will have that posted as soon as I can find it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My list looks like this:

Springfield--Very Athletic--Good speed and will hit. Good group of Juniors. Will be very physical.

Portland--Tradition. May be down a little this year but with Coach Perry and his staff they will have the group ready. It will be hard to replace their seniors but they will have them ready. they may actually be 3rd.

Northwest--Good Athletes who know how to win. Sure must replace QB and RB but the ones they have coming up are good ones. Bratton is fast and knows how to run. Fast Defense who reacts and gets to the ball

Those are the top three teams in region next would be and not in any order.

Clarksville--Lost 95% of Offense. Will basically have a new offensive line. Only 1 returning DB. They will be in one of the last 3 spots. Only beat teams last year with losing records. and those games were close.

Kenwood--Will be much better this year than last. Coach has them in right direction and they are starting to believe in themselves. good athletes who will be fast. If the win in the first few games look out it will be like a train once it gets going.

Mt. Juliet--Don't know much about them

Beech--Don't know much about them

Rossview--new QB, New Strength coach=New Attitude if QB is as good as they say he will get them about 3 wins this year. He should have went to CHS instead of RHS. Will coaches give him the opportunity to play over Yurus??????

Rossview is much improved, but will the spread be the answer for this new team.

Clarksville has lost alot of athletes, but will be a 500+ team. Defense is so strong at linebacker.

Springfield takes the region in my book. Too many weapons at reciever and tailback. open the hole they are gone, and give them 3 seconds, well they are for 6, and a kicker that is a sophmore kicking 40 yard field goals. They are just tough to beat.

Kenwood has to beat the jinx, but will win and surprize many this season. Hurting at the running back position due to youth, but they are tough on the line.

Northwest is a no comment. Not going to stur up anything.

Mt. Juliet won the linemen camp at Vandy and have the knowledge to make a run. they are a sleeper, but replacing those two big monsters will be a task on both sides of the line.

Beech has the fastest athlete in the state, but will his attitude cause him to lose his composure. a tough scedule will make or break this team.

Portland, young but coached well, but this is not 3AAA, and they are young. If they can win it will be by tradition and coaching. The talent is there.

There is alot of good things that can happen in this new formed region and I welcome all new comers. October will be exciting in our race for a new region champ. For the first time in years it will not belong to Stratford or White House. I just think Springfield will get this one in 2005.

Clarksville has lost alot of athletes, but will be a 500+ team.  Defense is so strong at linebacker.

Springfield takes the region in my book.  Too many weapons at reciever and tailback.  open the hole they are gone, and give them 3 seconds, well they are for 6, and a kicker that is a sophmore kicking 40 yard field goals.  They are just tough to beat.

Kenwood has to beat the jinx, but will win and surprize many this season.  Hurting at the running back position due to youth, but they are tough on the line. 

Northwest is a no comment.  Not going to stur up anything.

Mt. Juliet won the linemen camp at Vandy and have the knowledge to make a run.  they are a sleeper, but replacing those two big monsters will be a task on both sides of the line.

Beech has the fastest athlete in the state, but will his attitude cause him to lose his composure.  a tough scedule will make or break this team.

Portland, young but coached well, but this is not 3AAA, and they are young.  If they can win it will be by tradition and coaching.  The talent is there.

There is alot of good things that can happen in this new formed region and I welcome all new comers.  October will be exciting in our race for a new region champ.  For the first time in years it will not belong to Stratford or White House.  I just think Springfield will get this one in 2005.

825704513[/snapback]

PLEASE INSPIRE US WITH SOME PRESEASON BANTER COACHCHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DONTAE

Guest catfish-hunter

Clarksville has lost alot of athletes, but will be a 500+ team.  Defense is so strong at linebacker.

Springfield takes the region in my book.  Too many weapons at reciever and tailback.  open the hole they are gone, and give them 3 seconds, well they are for 6, and a kicker that is a sophmore kicking 40 yard field goals.  They are just tough to beat.

Kenwood has to beat the jinx, but will win and surprize many this season.  Hurting at the running back position due to youth, but they are tough on the line. 

Northwest is a no comment.  Not going to stur up anything.

Mt. Juliet won the linemen camp at Vandy and have the knowledge to make a run.  they are a sleeper, but replacing those two big monsters will be a task on both sides of the line.

Beech has the fastest athlete in the state, but will his attitude cause him to lose his composure.  a tough scedule will make or break this team.

Portland, young but coached well, but this is not 3AAA, and they are young.  If they can win it will be by tradition and coaching.  The talent is there.

There is alot of good things that can happen in this new formed region and I welcome all new comers.  October will be exciting in our race for a new region champ.  For the first time in years it will not belong to Stratford or White House.  I just think Springfield will get this one in 2005.

825704513[/snapback]

You are actually saying this isn't 3A when you refer to the Portland Panthers????

Portland will win region 6-4A and they'll beat Northwest pretty convincingly along the way. Clarksville is pretty darn experienced and they dropped from 5A, where they made a serious run in last year's postseason. If they finish less than 7-3 I will be shocked to say the least.

How is Springfield gonna go from a team that misses the playoffs to a region champion??? They have Arrington on that staff which means that they are probably a very undisciplined team in one aspect of the game at least. They will probably make the playoffs based on talent and experience BUT I guarantee you that the little 'ole 3A Portland Panthers you referred to will beat the Yellow Jackets badly thumb

Playoff teams are as follows: Portland, Clarksville, Springfield, and Mt. Juliet

You are actually saying this isn't 3A when you refer to the Portland Panthers????

Portland will win region 6-4A and they'll beat Northwest pretty convincingly along the way.  Clarksville is pretty darn experienced and they dropped from 5A, where they made a serious run in last year's postseason.  If they finish less than 7-3 I will be shocked to say the least. 

How is Springfield gonna go from a team that misses the playoffs to a region champion???  They have Arrington on that staff which means that they are probably a very undisciplined team in one aspect of the game at least.  They will probably make the playoffs based on talent and experience BUT I guarantee you that the little 'ole 3A Portland Panthers you referred to will beat the Yellow Jackets badly thumb

Playoff teams are as follows:  Portland, Clarksville, Springfield, and Mt. Juliet

825705829[/snapback]

Hey crudfinjumper, Arrington don't coach at Springfield anymore. Seems to me YOU dont have the disipline to find that out!!!! thumb

Hey crudfinjumper, Arrington don't coach at Springfield anymore. Seems to me YOU dont have the disipline to find that out!!!! thumb

825705861[/snapback]

When did he leave? The last I heard he was still there. There were rumors he was leaving to go to Rossview but he is not there.

If he did leave where did he go? besides he was not the head coach just the OC.

It will be interesting to see how our boys react to the step up. We have some good talent returning this year, but 4A is different from 3A. I'm looking forward to some great high school football and I can't wait til the season opener! Good luck to all the teams in 6-4A this year! thumb

B)