State Rankings as I see them and Why

gameball

No, the rankings don't reflect where every team thinks they should be , but circumstances and schedules are sort of in the mix

1) Hendersonville -yes, with or without Daniel Kelly

2. Brentwood - dropped due to loss to Hendersonville

3. Science Hill- only 1 in state loss and it was to CAK#1 ranked A/AATeam State Champ

4. Houston- Big Wins, no big Losses

5. Tullahoma - No big wins, BUT, it still takes a good team to be undefeated

6. Oak Ridge- No big wins but a lot of wins and some big losses

7. Soddy Daisy- They beat McMinn, and have lost 2 times to good teams

8. McMinn County- Good record , big win against Bearden

9. Bearden - Some Big wins, No Big Losses until McMinn County

10. Farragut- Losses but caused by to many injuries and suspensions,still tough

11. Greenville- Only their record keeps them here. No Big wins

Now you may not agree with me, but I keep track of the entire state for a sports service and this the way I see the power. In reality I see some teams with better records that may should reflect in their being ranked , but as of this date they don't deserve it because of weaker schedules

Forget using opponents records on EurosportScoreboard.com to see what percentage they have in wins and losses , that only works when every team reports what their record is( and not all do) and two, any out of state competition doesn't show anything for win/loss record thumb

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you may not agree with me, but I keep track of the entire state for a sports service and this the way I see the power. In reality I see some teams with better records that may should reflect in their being ranked , but as of this date they don't deserve it because of weaker schedules

825656027[/snapback]

First, I totally agree with strength of schedule, as opposed to victory percentages. I do not know who votes on the rankings on soccer info. Sometimes I agree with them, and other times I am a little confused with how they got it.

I am curious to know what sports service you are referring to. If you are needing any more help in keeping track, I would be more than happy to assist with Knoxville scores and updates.

McMinn has lost to Dalton Ga. a top contender every year in Georgia's AAAA class and ranked back and forth this year at 1st and 2nd..... and ,They also lost to Soddy Daisy team who has only lost to McCallie and Notre Dame both very good programs, Yes Soddy Daisy deserves notice

Edited by gameball

No, the rankings don't reflect where every team thinks they should be , but circumstances and schedules are sort of in the mix

1)  Hendersonville -yes, with or without Daniel Kelly

2.  Brentwood -  dropped due to loss to Hendersonville

3.  Science Hill- only 1 in state loss and it was to CAK#1 ranked A/AATeam  State  Champ

4.  Houston- Big Wins, no big Losses

5.  Tullahoma - No big wins, BUT, it still takes a good team to be undefeated

6.  Oak Ridge- No big wins but a lot of wins and some big losses

7.  Soddy Daisy- They beat McMinn, and have lost 2 times to good teams

8.  McMinn County- Good record , big win against Bearden

9.  Bearden -  Some Big wins, No Big Losses until McMinn County

10. Farragut- Losses but caused by to many injuries and suspensions,still tough

11. Greenville- Only their record keeps them here. No Big wins

Forget using opponents records on EurosportScoreboard.com to see what percentage they have in wins and losses , that only works when every team reports what their record is( and not all do) and two, any out of state competition doesn't show anything for win/loss record  thumb

825656027[/snapback]

very nice post...i would have to agree with a lot of it...

Tullahoma has not played any ranked teams in AAA yet no..as for others though..although its no big deal, they beat CPA 4-0, every good game tullahoma had scheduled has been rained out or forfeited to us (different subject). If you're looking at who beats who, why isn't Soddy ranked? Tullahoma could whip a good couple, but Im not going to pick a fight.

why does blackman go from 7th in the soccerinfo to not in this one ok they havent had the hardest sechule but have a betta record at 9-1 then greenville who was only in there b/c of thire record they have lost and tied they have only been scored on once this year just wondering why u have them dropping out all the way