SPORTSMANSHIP & ATTITUDE !

brownbomber

You don't even know me! I happen to be an important figure at my school: I'm Senior Class President, Yearbook editor, and newspaper sports editor!!! I'm a responsible young man, and I don't think yelling at high school softball game makes me a bad kid!!!

825677223[/snapback]

No, I am sure you are not a bad kid. Just think before you act. Being a "Senior Class President, Yearbook editor, and newspaper sports editor", carrys with it a huge responsibility. You have a lot of kids looking up to you. Strange as it may seem, a lot of them look to you to set standards on what is acceptable.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I am sure you are not a bad kid. Just think before you act. Being a "Senior Class President, Yearbook editor, and newspaper sports editor", carrys with it a huge responsibility. You have a lot of kids looking up to you. Strange as it may seem, a lot of them look to you to set standards on what is acceptable.

825677233[/snapback]

And it's acceptable to support your team!! Including a clever comment now and then isn't a sin!! You have to agree right? :P

RadioJet- You sound like a great kid. I wish our school had students that came and supported the softball team. But you need to stop and reread your posts. Coaches get to hear it all from the stands, and most times they let it go. If the Coach was offended enough to come into the stands to confront you over a comment, then obviously the comment was not as "clever" as you thought it was. If someone was offended, then it was an offensive comment whether that was your intention or not. Take it from someone who has offended more people with "clever comments" than you can imagine, engage the brain before the tongue. Remember even though softball is a competitive sport, these are teenage girls you are yelling at and are prone to be more emotional and take comments more personal. Coaches are therefore more protective of their players. You are just lucky that it was the Coach and not a parent that took you to task.

RadioJet-  You sound like a great kid.  I wish our school had students that came and supported the softball team.  But you need to stop and reread your posts.  Coaches get to hear it all from the stands, and most times they let it go.  If the Coach was offended enough to come into the stands to confront you over a comment, then obviously the comment was not as "clever" as you thought it was.  If someone was offended, then it was an offensive comment whether that was your intention or not.  Take it from someone who has offended more people with "clever comments" than you can imagine, engage the brain before the tongue.  Remember even though softball is a competitive sport, these are teenage girls you are yelling at and are prone to be more emotional and take comments more personal.  Coaches are therefore more protective of their players.  You are just lucky that it was the Coach and not a parent that took you to task.

825677413[/snapback]

You're right I'm very supportive, but I also don't feel that a comment yelled out at game should be taken personal by an athlete at any level. I now how it is! I've got a little sis that plays aau b-ball, she hears plenty of stuff. And no I don;t jump on whoever says anything!! I have taught my younger sis that rude,mean,degrading comments are part of the game that is only beaten with better play! thumb