7 blackman

8 knox catholic

9 baylor

10 cak

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. You have Blackman No. 7, but they were in the Beech tournament that Notre Dame won. ECS beat Blackman, and Notre Dame beat ECS in the final.

You have McMinn County No. 4, but they lost 3-0 to Soddy Daisy, a team that Notre Dame defeated at Soddy.

Do you have some bias against Notre Dame?

Edited by SoccerFan08923

http://www.tssaa.org/2004Champions/StateBS.../DIIBracket.htm

if you look at the brackets the d2 east region only takes 2 teams with good teams like mccallie, baylor and knox catholic someone will get left out notre dame could be one

825662313[/snapback]

The state bracketting is really bad. If you look at it closely, you will see that the #1 middle(middle being the weakest region on paper) could get through the tournament with only playing #2 in the east. However on the other side, #1s from west and east (the strongest regions) would knock one another out in the semis. I think that there is something fishy here. Either that or there just isn't enough thinking going on. I think that the state pairings need to have some of the season rankings or play factored in as to who plays who in the tournament. Otherwise the top two teams may always play in the semis.

My new Redmond 11 would be :

1) Father Ryan (previously 3)

2) Notre Dame (previously 1)

3) CAK (previously 8)

4) Hendersonville (previously 4)

5) Brentwood (previously 2)

6) Baylor (previously 5)

7) Christian Bros. (previously 6)

8) McMinn Co. (previously 7)

9) Knoxville Catholic (previously 11)

10)McCallie (previously NR)

11)Bearden (previously NR)

The DII schools, are playing much tougher schedules with better results than the AAA teams. It is hard to find any AAA teams with winning records against DII competition, while nearly all of the DII teams have won regularly against AAA opponents. CAK is playing excellent non-district competition this year and has done very well. CAK has been far underrated in my opinion. In AAA, watch out for Bearden. Despite a couple of recent losses, their record is very solid against excellent competition.

The Bearden Bulldogs are my dark horse pick for the AAA championship beating Hendersonville in the finals (watch out for resurgent Farragut). I'll take CAK to win A/AA over FRA in the finals. DII is wide open with any one of 5 or 6 contenders capable of winning it all in Memphis--including unranked and underrated MUS.

The state bracketting is really bad.  If you look at it closely, you will see that the #1 middle(middle being the weakest region on paper) could get through the tournament with only playing #2 in the east.  However on the other side, #1s from west and east (the strongest regions) would knock one another out in the semis.  I think that there is something fishy here.  Either that or there just isn't enough thinking going on.  I think that the state pairings need to have some of the season rankings or play factored in as to who plays who in the tournament.  Otherwise the top two teams may always play in the semis.

825662367[/snapback]

TSSAA pays no regard to actual results. That would require judgment and it's not going to happen.

My new Redmond 11 would be :

1) Father Ryan (previously 3)

2) Notre Dame (previously 1)

3) CAK (previously 8)

4) Hendersonville (previously 4)

5) Brentwood (previously 2)

6) Baylor (previously 5)

7) Christian Bros. (previously 6)

8) McMinn Co. (previously 7)

9) Knoxville Catholic (previously 11)

10)McCallie (previously NR)

11)Bearden (previously NR)

The DII schools, are playing much tougher schedules with better results than the AAA teams. It is hard to find any AAA teams with winning records against DII competition, while nearly all of the DII teams have won regularly against AAA opponents. CAK is playing excellent non-district competition this year and has done very well. CAK has been far underrated in my opinion. In AAA, watch out for Bearden. Despite a couple of recent losses, their record is very solid against excellent competition.

The Bearden Bulldogs are my dark horse pick for the AAA championship beating Hendersonville in the finals (watch out for resurgent Farragut). I'll take CAK to win A/AA over FRA in the finals. DII is wide open with any one of 5 or 6 contenders capable of winning it all in Memphis--including unranked and underrated MUS.

825662387[/snapback]

If you would review the record, your number 1 and 2 have been beaten by a team that you have ranked far behind. They have only been beaten by the number one ranked team in the nation for the spring, a team that will probably win their division in the Ga. state tournament, and had one other loss, when they played against an arch rival that hit on 4 of 5 shots. You figure it out. :lol: