DII, what will happen?

chuffy88

ya know, hoya, you may know who reaction is, but i have kept quite the low profile for someone who knows so much about the irish. while i have the benefit of knowing who you are despite your constant arguments otherwise (in the past at least), I believe you would have a difficult time picking me out. i want to attend a game this year, but if i do, i may blow my cover, and i have a reputation to uphold. you understand.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you have some good insight, but i agree with natural spring water, that BA will be beat USN. Here are my arguements. USN has not played nearly the schedule that BA has played, and BA has been playing teams very tough. The first meeting was dominated by BA the entire first half and then was fairly even for the first part of the second with USN dominating at the end, getting there goal off of a free kick. Also BA played USN with fuchs in goal, he is now out, that i believe will play a huge part. Also BA finally has offense going, yesterday they got off 28 shots against webb. I know that it is Webb, but 28 shots is still quite a few, granted only 2 went in, but still i feel if the put pressure on the USN keeper they will win. And as far as when BA played MBA, you say that they got anialted, which the score says (3-0). However if you recall or where there, that game was played on the first day of spring break, the mind of the team was nowhere near the field. Also, if you were there, you saw that the BA coach made a statement by pulling 8 of his starters 15 minutes into the game and not putting them back in until late in the second half, because he felt like they werent playing up to there ability. That game is hard to judge. I say that the BA MBA game will be a good game, because i feel like MBA thinks that the third spot is basically just going to be given to them, but BA still has a bitter taste in its mouth from that game. And as far as your question about weather or not the USN MBA game will be the best one, i think it will be. I think that the consolation game will be the best game in tournament. Here is why, the championship game will be a good game, but both teams by that point are already in the state tournament and coaches often times know that and the teams know that and sometimes these games are not played up to there potential. The consolation game is a live or die game. USN and BA both still feel like they have something to prove and they want it bad, they are both the underdog a role that USN played beautifully last year. BA on the other hand has not played to the potential that they are capable of yet this year and they are ready to show the world what they can do. MBA beat BA 3-0 and i think that if they are playing BA they may come into the game thinking it is going to be a walk in the park and BA will slip right in and do what USN did to them last year. These are my thoughts and i look forward to hearing what others have to say. Natural Spring Water, do u go to BA?

825664868[/snapback]

I have to once again agree with nickforte's assessment of BA! I think they have the "potential" to be a very dangerous team. Well said about USN's play last year. After the opening round defeat at the hands of BGA who would have thought! Their players are smart and capable. The lost of their keeper is a real shame.

So much can happen in the next couple of weeks! It looks like JPII just rolled-over and died. Not hearing much on them lately! Their expectations were high at the start of the season. What can anybody tell me about MBA! I would like to see Father Ryan and BGA go at it again in the finals. The last two games that they have played.........what can I say.

i want to attend a game this year, but if i do, i may blow my cover, and i have a reputation to uphold. you understand.

825665178[/snapback]

You are correct, you definitely have a reputation. I'd suggest that you come out tomorrow night to watch this year's Catholic v. Webb match. It's the last regular season game this year and both teams are playing very well. I promise not to blow your cover if I see you. :D

we played probably one of our worst games of the year against BA..

anyway, we have lost of a lot of players over the past few weeks, some due to commitment to other sports, some because they weren't getting enough playing time, etc. so we're very undermanned right now, yesterday against coffee county we played 9 vs. 11 for the first half :blink:

but yea, it should be a good game, BA is a solid team and we're looking forward to playing you guys

we played probably one of our worst games of the year against BA..

anyway, we have lost of a lot of players over the past few weeks, some due to commitment to other sports, some because they weren't getting enough playing time, etc. so we're very undermanned right now, yesterday against coffee county we played 9 vs. 11 for the first half  :D

but yea, it should be a good game, BA is a solid team and we're looking forward to playing you guys

825666218[/snapback]

Who all has USN lost, and will they be back for the tourny? that is ashame that players are calling it quits with so little time left. I hope that you guys get everyone back, because i anticipate this to be a great game and i tihnk it will be.