District 4AAA Tournament Time

homerun29

Guru, Sevier can't win for losing. They finally get out of the #8 seed and, lo and behold, the other pool appears to be the tougher draw LOL.

So the games will be:

Farragut - West

Maryville - Heritage

South Doyle - Sevier Co.

Bearden - William Blount

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guru, Sevier can't win for losing.  They finally get out of the #8 seed and, lo and behold, the other pool appears to be the tougher draw LOL.

So the games will be:

Farragut - West

Maryville - Heritage

South Doyle - Sevier Co.

Bearden - William Blount

825665806[/snapback]

My feelings exactly!

All I know of at the time is the Bearden/William Blount game. Bearden won that one 10-0 due to 7 errors committed by William Blount. The Bulldogs came out swinging, but those errors killed the Govs. They had 6 errors by the 3rd inning and Bearden ended up scoring 7 in the 4th to break William Blount.

District tourney starts today and there is no mention of scores?  Where are all the 4AAA fans?  On the South Doyle side, SD defeats Sevier Co. 5-2 in a good game.  How did things go at Farragut and on the 2nd game at SD?

825667055[/snapback]

Farragut beat West 13-3 in 6 innings. Farragut was down 3-1 at one point in the top of the 3rd, but hey... I believe Maryville crushed Heritage in the 2nd game at Farragut.

Farragut beat West 13-3 in 6 innings. Farragut was down 3-1 at one point in the top of the 3rd, but hey...  I believe Maryville crushed Heritage in the 2nd game at Farragut.

825667095[/snapback]

That was a good guess but no, we killed them 12-4.

West pitched two true freshmen against Farragut yesterday and, for awhile, they were in the game. In the end Farragut just hit the ball. However West managed a bunch of hits against the Farragut pitching - they were unable to string together those hits at the right time. Farragut hits went farther, too.

Delmonico turned a web gem in one inning that prevented additional West runs, starting a double play after retrieiving the ball behind 2nd base and doing a glove flip to Jennings.

Looks like Sevier County gave it's all vs. South Doyle. At this time of year moral victories don't count for much, but SC at least kept it close.

I think the score I'm most surprised with is Heritage's drubbing of Maryville.

South Doyle beats bearden today 15-0. McClain had 2 home runs. Bearden threw all they had , but SD came out swinging and stroked the ball the whole game. Ryan holland pitched for sd. Sd will play the winner of Farragut and heritage on monday at 8 at farragut.