IMAC Baseball Tourney

PTSportsWriter

Barnyard,

You couldn't be further from the truth.  I have never once stated that all Bowlin did was carry the water cooler.  Ive been a big fan of his for the entire season, and if you go back and read an earlier post of mine on this thread you will see that i said Bowlin did more to help this team win than Depew did.  So I'm sorry if you are misinformed.

825674571[/snapback]

Did someone say something about HIBERNATION? Where has Barnyard been? We haven't heard from you since football. Good to see you back on the boards. We really need you talk some major SMACK during the region, sub-state and state.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did someone say something about HIBERNATION? Where has Barnyard been? We haven't heard from you since football. Good to see you back on the boards. We really need you talk some major SMACK during the region, sub-state and state.

825674653[/snapback]

I'm glad someone else noticed Barnyard's reappearing act...I see him at every game that I attend, and its easy to tell that he hasn't lost the competitive spirit. Welcome back

As I said I am not going to argue, with what I hope is a fellow Cane fan. As far as coach Griffin goes I agree with what you said. He was, and is a very good coach. As far as booster clubs go I have known many coaches that hated them, because of the control that some members tried to have. I am certainly not going to mention any kids name on this forum to satisfy your curiosity. Why you feel it necessary to bash coach Altizer, or to compare him to coach Griffin, only you know, but it certainly does nothing to help this team at this point in the season. As I said before if you want to argue try the wall, I am through with the subject.

825674596[/snapback]

[/quot

I answered your question and still you avoided all 3 of mine? Waiting

Earlier you said

Sugarcane May 12 2005 - 07:57 PM Post #2

<<Altizer, is in fact a very good football coach. I think he has tackled more than one player for inappropriate behavior. He is quite a character.>>

Is that a sign of good character?

825674616[/snapback]

CNFn in reading this thread i think you must have been the one that Altiser tackled or maybe you got a kid playin now that rides the pines. To question his character shows you know little about him. I don't know about his knowledge of baseball, but he has always been regarded as a sound football coach. He is a no nonsense old school coach that don't believe in dancin in tha endzone after a td. If you are thin skinned or wear your feelings on your shoulders you don't need to play for him because he is not afraid to tell what is on his mind. As for booster clubs i've dealt with them a few times myself, and can tell you that they do a lot for the kids but for every parent in one that helps you got two that is in it to better their sons or daughters position with the coach. If you ever coached you would know that and it just ain't at your school that happens at most all of em.

Barnyard,

My dig about the weak homeruns was an inside dig with Derek and Drew. It was posted with a hint of sarcasm. Sorry if it was taken the wrong way. Obviously when they are both hitting shots over the pine trees in centerfield (along with crouch) they arent weak homeruns. Ill choose my humor more carefully next time.

PTS, dont worry - little league baseball time will come soon enough - Ill hibernate then. As for all this stuff about East baseball and boosters, im getting a headache :lol:

Congrats to Depew, a deserving choice IMO.. I wish everyone knew the true Altizer then they wouldn't sing his praises.. He would of been more suited for being the Chess team coach, they don't require practice..He had the team playing on their heels with his way of jerking them out of games when an error was made,and he never tried to strengthen the bench by playing subs during out of conference games..he is a joke ,the kids advanced this far despite him, with last years coaches the team would of had a far superior record than now. He was fired from coaching years ago,and shouldn't been given the job now..His ego needs no fuel

825673871[/snapback]

MECANER, and CNFn, in the words of Gene Hackman on Hoosiers lets cheer for who we are not who we aren't. We are not Tom Griffin, or Wills, or Rice. They are no longer a part of the Canes at least at this time. Altizer is, so like it or not try to support him and the team. And CNFn you need to ditch the blinders about the booster club in baseball or any other sport. I agree a good coach will not let it be an influence but some do. I don't know if pertains to Cane baseball or not but it is a fact nevertheless. Good luck to the Canes, but the tragedy the the community has suffered this week puts sports into perspective, it is not that important in the grand scheme of things.

MECANER, and CNFn, in the words of Gene Hackman on Hoosiers lets cheer for who we are not who we aren't. We are not Tom Griffin, or Wills, or Rice. They are no longer a part of the Canes at least at this time. Altizer is, so like it or not try to support him and the team. And CNFn you need to ditch the blinders about the booster club in baseball or any other sport. I agree a good coach will not let it be an influence but some do. I don't know if pertains to Cane baseball or not but it is a fact nevertheless. Good luck to the Canes, but the tragedy the the community has suffered this week puts sports into perspective, it is not that important in the grand scheme of things.

825674791[/snapback]

Does anyone know how many errors the infield made last night for Morristown East? East out hit the Science Hill gang but failed in the most basic defense. It has been the same all season. Hopefully who coaches next year will make the first thing they do is not put unskilled players in "skill positions". There had to be over 10 errors and each position of the infield made their share. Marshall pitched well and East should have won easily with a half way decent infield. Problem is next year they have 4-5 players that can hit and not field and only one DH position. Not sure Altizer could have done anything differently except figured out earlier that he had some players out of position. Maybe should have played some of the guys sitting the "pine" all year. Unfortunately all the practice in the world would not have helped. You either have the skills or you dont. The infield is the most important of all. Without a solid infield you are in trouble especially when you get to this level.

Does anyone know how many errors the infield made last night for Morristown East? East out hit the Science Hill gang but failed in the most basic defense. It has been the same all season. Hopefully who coaches next year will make the first thing they do is not put unskilled players in "skill positions". There had to be over 10 errors and each position of the infield made their share. Marshall pitched well and East should have won easily with a half way decent infield. Problem is next year they have 4-5 players that can hit and not field and only one DH position. Not sure Altizer could have done anything differently except figured out earlier that he had some players out of position. Maybe should have played some of the guys sitting the "pine" all year. Unfortunately all the practice in the world would not have helped. You either have the skills or you dont. The infield is the most important of all. Without a solid infield you are in trouble especially when you get to this level.

825675452[/snapback]

Agree with you CNfn. All I can say is I would not want to be the coach that has to figure that one out next year.. Altizer did a good job under the circumstances of not really knowing the players or his talent. With some major practice and summer camps some of the players can develop by next year. They will have to choose baseball and dedicate to it only, in order for it to happen.

East has a nucleus of players and some upcoming talent that should make them competitive. But you are right, they need to put their best skill players in the infield

where most of the damage was done this year.

Rines knows the kids and with Altizers help they should be better next year with some luck. Hopefully they will work hard this summer and fall.

Agree with you CNfn. All I can say is I would not want to be the coach that has to figure that one out next year.. Altizer did a good job under the circumstances of not really knowing the players or his talent. With some major practice and summer camps some of the players can develop by next year. They will have to choose baseball and dedicate to it only, in order for it to happen.

East has a nucleus of players and some upcoming talent that should make them competitive. But you are right, they need to put their best skill players in the infield

where most of the damage was done this year.

Rines knows the kids and with Altizers help they should be better next year with some luck. Hopefully they will work hard this summer and fall.

825675490[/snapback]

I agree There are at least 3 players on East that will unlikely get a shcolarship in football but if they work on baseball and improve there defense stand agood chance of a shcolarship. If they dont I dont see it happening in either sport. They will need to choose baseball and work all year to develop. Unlike others I believe defense skills are developed not born with. Otherwise there will be more than one incoming freshman starting ov varsity next year.

Congratualations are in order for the "Canes tournament run, a grand effort put forward by these kids. A pretty darn good job considering there was only 3 players that made the all-conference teams( 2 on 1st team-1 on 2nd team). But that is another story within itself. Good luck to the 2 region representatives.

825675452[/snapback]

Congrats to the Canes for a great tournament run. I have had many of these young men in class and all that I have had have been outstanding kids. This was a young team that should be even better next year. I had the pleasure of having Doug Rines room next to mine if only for one semester, and can say that in talking to him he seemed to know baseball, and was a good communicator with the kids. I pray he will serve his duty and return unharmed to do what he loved.

I have seen some of the posts that criticzed the job that coach Altizer has done. Coaching is sometimes a thankless job and decisions must be made that sometimes work, and sometimes don't, but the buck stops with the head man. I do not know how good his coaching skills are, but can say that both of my children have had him as a teacher, and both said he was one of the best they have ever had. Passing him in the hall one day I asked how the baseball team was coming along, and his reply was it was a young team that would get better, and he had too many DH's and not enough that could also field their position, basically the same thing some of you have posted as well.

Congratualations are in order for the "Canes tournament run, a grand effort put forward by these kids. A pretty darn good job considering there was only 3 players that made the all-conference teams( 2 on 1st team-1 on 2nd team). But that is another story within itself. Good luck to the 2 region representatives.

825675581[/snapback]

825675581[/snapback]

Yep I dont get that either Cory Shaw and Kent Basile should easily make the all region team and they didnt even get mentioned in the district. If the sportswriters vote instead of the coaches hopefully they will set things right. They both blasted the ball and played great defense. Sure would like to hear how that happned?

What is the stroy you mention within itself? I be t ythey batted at least 400-500 in the tournament and had a bunch of homeruns? Go figure.