Loretto @ Fairview, Page @ Giles County

ballbasher30

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Neely. Good job on the PA, but you need some more bottom end - those old horns don't handle it very well.

Matt Bowling walked in the winning run, but he did pitch well up until that last inning.

I might make it back down to Pulaski tomorrow - just to see who's got any pitching left.

Still haven't heard a result on Loretto at Fairview - anybody know the score?

Fairview lost in the 9th inning 8-3. So this was the most exciting game. Even though the score ended up bad and my team lost this was still a great game! The ump had no clue what he was doing though. It was tied at 3 from i think the 5th inning until 9th when Loretto opened up the gates. They had several hits but one bad call from the ump that would have kept it a one run ballgame. The ump missed an obstruction call, but oh well. Fairview scored 2 in the first and Loretto scored 1. After that Lamb was dominating only giving up one run. Fairview swung at curve balls in the dirt all night long. Lamb had i think 19 strikeouts and he went all 9 innings. Buttrey went 8.2 and then a reliever got the final out. It was a good game, but the umps strikezone was very inconsistent!

This was a very excitng game as exfire said. Fairview just got outplayed tonight. Loretto's 16 hits compared to Fairview's 4 showed how dominate Lamm was on the mound tonight. He has had 37 K's in 16 innings against Fairview whis last two outings. He fanned every Fairview hitter at least once. Fairview's batters all night were swing at pitches in the dirt, which hurt them. The umpire was inconsistence for BOTH sides all night. It was crazy. I know I saw both pitchers shaking their heads on some questionable calls. It was a great high school baseball game and looks like I am headed down to Pulaski for the game tomorrow. Congrats to Loretto and to Mark Lamm on a great game tonight.

Edited by Gerry Bertier

16 hits? I can't believe Buttrey would give up that many. Lamm striking out batters in the dirt, I believe. I hope I can make it to Pulaski tomorrow, Gerry. I have some other things to do, but I guess they'll wait another couple of days. It will be interesting to see whose going to pitch for both teams. I think Giles threw Corey Pierce against Loretto, and they threw Richard Petty at us with relief from Daniel Haley.

16 hits? I can't believe Buttrey would give up that many.  Lamm striking out batters in the dirt, I believe.  I hope I can make it to Pulaski tomorrow, Gerry.  I have some other things to do, but I guess they'll wait another couple of days.  It will be interesting to see whose going to pitch for both teams.  I think Giles threw Corey Pierce against Loretto, and they threw Richard Petty at us with relief from Daniel Haley.

825670259[/snapback]

Hope to see you down in Pulaski tomorrow Pageman. It will be interesting in who each team will pitch. I think I know who Fairview will pitch but I wont say over the message board. It is all or nothing for the teams tomorrow as one will be going home and the other off to regionals.