grace vs boyd

baseballaforever

Not sure what game familyguy was watching. Grace controlled a lot of the game, but neither team dominated the whole game. Grace and Boyd play 2 different styles of play and both teams can hold their own. The shot count was 15-10 in Grace's favor. For 107 1/2 minutes of play, that's not a lot of shots.

I thought the game could have gone either way, and neither Grace nor Boyd need to overlook CCS and CSAS. Its a tough district and a tough region. I think these region games are going to be nailbiters as much as the game tonight. And I won't even discuss the comments about the Carlos. He again has proven himself a difference maker. As Forest says, "That's all I have to say about that."

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Family guy. . . how's it feel to once again eat your words? I sure hope that you are not a gambling man, or you may one day find yourself out on the streets - holding a "will work for food" sign! As for the game, your loyalty for Boyd has destroyed some of your brain cells. Carlos made a great save on a ball that he had to come out and play. It was a 50/50 ball that he blocked! The only "lucky goal" was Pritchard's. Not that he didn't do a good job of finishing...he did just that. The luck part was that after a great save, the ball bounced right to his foot. Could have just as easily bounced to the foot of a Grace defender.

As usual, an excellent game between Boyd and Grace! Thought that Boyd played a much cleaner game this time around - not as much hits after the ball was played, etc. I do think that Grace had a little better of the play, but Boyd had their dangerous opportunities. Like soccer pop said, they play two very different styles and it makes for a very interesting match-up.

Congrats to both teams for a hard-fought game.

Familyguy...just one question for you. Were you that nut on the far side of the field that the official had to warn multiple times about being a distraction and staying away from the playing field?

GRACE ... AWESOME JOB. Your hard work and determination paid off. Boyd did a great job and it could have gone either way, but you NEVER let up and continued the pressure and proved yourselves to be the better team last night.

Congratulations again.

Familyguy, how many times does Grace have to beat Boyd to prove they are at least equal to them. They've beaten them twice in a little over a week and you still think Boyd is a much better team?

Sometimes the will to win and that leading to playmaking is mistaken for luck. Cuzzort obviously wanted both of those balls very badly.

I loved how the TFP did that article on Boyd. Nice! "Hey, we thought you would win, but you didn't. Oops. Here's a silver plaque and a write-up in the paper."

I loved how the TFP did that article on Boyd. Nice! "Hey, we thought you would win, but you didn't. Oops. Here's a silver plaque and a write-up in the paper."

825672716[/snapback]

Is that an actual quote in the paper? Either way it is pretty tasteless.

This guy is a joke. You better bring it vs CSAS.

825672774[/snapback]

Just so everyone will know - - Grace players aren't posting on here. Posts are coming from fans and/or alumni that appear to be trying to keep this board alive. I think (hope) that the players know it's all one game at a time. You can't overlook anyone in the tournaments.