Hixon vs McMinn Central/Marion Co vs Walker Valley

Superman2362

I'm not a player,  just a fan of high scool baseball. I have seen Hixson play and they have way to many errors to beat a hitting team. Smalls has been up and down the last six games. Marion is good but I don't think that can beat WV. 

Just my picks...

825674715[/snapback]

up and down his last six games... well he's given up ONE HIT in 12 INNINGS! forget the past, the kid has no runs allowed, earned or unearned, and is 2-0 in his last two efforts.

and you thought that hixson would make too many errors against a good hitting team? think again partner, b/c A) hixson didn't make any errors, and :rolleyes: mcminn central must not be a hitting team after their performance on monday night.

mcminn central goes home, and hixson plays on... that my friend is really all that matters.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a player,  just a fan of high scool baseball. I have seen Hixson play and they have way to many errors to beat a hitting team. Smalls has been up and down the last six games. Marion is good but I don't think that can beat WV. 

Just my picks...

825674715[/snapback]

Hixson does make errors sometimes, just like everyother HS team, but not against a team like McMinn Central. I think a game of errors would be much more likely against a hitting team like walker valley on Wednesday, but I still give the nod to Hixson if the pitching and defense are satisfactory

Don't give up your day job partner!

Hixson  10

McMinn Central  0

Five innings, Brett Smalley with the 1-hitter.  Home runs by David Howard, Chip Bryan and 2 by Mark Ramsey.

See ya'll at Walker Valley on Wednesday!

825674895[/snapback]

I have not seen any player hit the ball like Mark Ramsey. If he played every game this season I could see him as the TFP POY. 4 home runs in 2 games! WOW! I can't wait til that game on Wednesday!

Why doesnt ramsey play every game? if the legs get tired, i would stick him in left field for a break, because the bat is definently worth keeping in the lineup.

825675194[/snapback]

He did not play every game due to disiplinary reasons. I think he would have put up huge numbers had he been able to stay out of trouble.

roundtripper78 Posted Today, 03:15 PM

hixson is a good team, gotta give them that... but they will not beat WV... as for who will throw for WV more than likely Fraser and/or Jenkins

Never say never.....that's why we play the games!

The best team I saw in Chattanooga this year got beat last night, Ooltewah, so don't count out the Wildcats, especially the way they're hitting right now and Josh Green is a quality pitcher.

I dont care about rankings or records, in my opinion Hixson plays a tougher schedule year in and year out than Walker Valley, and I pick Hixson to win this game in a close one. Im not downgrading WV, but I think the rankings are not accurate and I think Hixson is a better team this year than last.

Hixson 8

Walker Valley 6

Hands down Hixson plays a much tougher schedule than Walker Valley. I also agree that Hixson is better, because of the schedule, not wins/losses. I know that Brandon Turner is a very talented batter, but i think Hixson has the edge from top to bottom in their lineup, as long as Ramsey keeps hitting. Another one-hitter wouldn't be that bad either.