You want to talk about having media composure!

Stonewall

In Major League Baseball (and a lot of other places), if the visiting team ties or takes the lead in the top of the incomplet inning, it is then a SUSPENDED Game, http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/official...start_end_4.jsp

One of the reasons for this rule is to make sure no 'sprinkler system' malfunctions or other calamaties takes place to benefit to home team...  see what I mean?

825676523[/snapback]

That's Major League Baseball though, not highschool. Different rules for different levels.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but they should make it a rule in high school. We kinda had something like that happen to us in 2001. We were beating Waverly the whole game. It started raining in like the 4th inning. It started raining really hard in the 5th. Well their coach didn't want the game called. They get home cooking big time. Anyways the umpire didn't call it. Waverly tied it up in the 6th, and the rain slowed up a little. We started the 7th, and the rain was a lot lighter than it had been. We scored one in the top of the seventh to take the lead, and before Waverly came to bat they called the game. Which ended in a tie b/c of the 6th inning. If Waverly would have been winning after 5, I have no doubt the game would have been called.

That sounds like the Erwin I remember from my HS days. Sure, the lights went out and you can't blame anybody for that, right (wink-wink)?

It's not fair to the kids for that to be anything but a suspended game.

And in future, Unicoi County shouldn't be permitted to host any tournament games for some period TBD by TSSAA. Assuming the lighting malfunction was innocent, it still seems clear that their field isn't up to the standards required by tournament play.

I think some SGHS individuals such as Tyler Sauceman - who's career was ended by this move - should show up at the Board of Control Meeting.

My colleague, Joe Byrd, of the Greeneville Sun turned his game re-cap story into more of a column against the TSSAA. Story Link

Sports Editor Wayne Phillips emailed the TSSAA [Mr. Meness] before 7 AM on Tuesday for a detailed ruling. Understandably with an late AM deadline, they didn't get a response before then.

But the newspaper didn't get a response before Saturday's newspaper came out.

Saturday Link

Edited by PTSportsWriter