Ooltewah ends season with disappointing loss

Main1

The Owls come up short in the elimination round of the playoffs by coming out flat in the opening innings. Small strike zone combine with a couple of errors and timely hits did them in. It was a disappointing loss but they did have a great year. 32-6-1 isn't anything to sneeze at. It's just too bad Tennessee doesn't have the same playoff system as Georgia. I think their pitching depth and talent would have done better in that format. But you play with the cards you are dealt. GREAT year Owls!!! :lol:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how Red Bank's coach feels today. After he threw in the towel against Ooltewah last week by pitching all freshmen and sitting out two of his best hitters, poor little Cleveland shows how to beat Ooltewah. Even after losing by ten runs twice to Ooltewah in the regular season, Cleveland did not give up, and played to win...which they did.

Ooltewah has nothing to be ashamed of, they fought until the end. But Red Bank got what they deserved. The coach allowed one family to cripple the team with bad behavior and politics. And as I've said before, very few players who start out as freshmen end up playing as seniors. When you never have more than three senior starters on the team (same story next year by the way) you will rarely have a championship-caliber team. But as long as Red Bank's administration and parents put up with it, this is what they'll get.

I wonder how Red Bank's coach feels today.  After he threw in the towel against Ooltewah last week by pitching all freshmen and sitting out two of his best hitters, poor little Cleveland shows how to beat Ooltewah.  Even after losing by ten runs twice to Ooltewah in the regular season, Cleveland did not give up, and played to win...which they did. 

Ooltewah has nothing to be ashamed of, they fought until the end.  But Red Bank got what they deserved.  The coach allowed one family to cripple the team with bad behavior and politics.  And as I've said before, very few players who start out as freshmen end up playing as seniors.  When you never have more than three senior starters on the team (same story next year by the way) you will rarely have a championship-caliber team.  But as long as Red Bank's administration and parents put up with it, this is what they'll get.

825675448[/snapback]

We heard enough of this last week, this years seniors are gone, let them go in peace. If you don't like the deal at Red Bank leave. If you don't want to leave, SHUT UP! :angry:

We heard enough of this last week, this years seniors are gone, let them go in peace.  If you don't like the deal at Red Bank leave.  If you don't want to leave, SHUT UP! :angry:

825675455[/snapback]

Sorry to offend you hootie...I didn't realize you made the rules! :lol:

broadbat...leave Red Bank alone. They had their adversity to deal with, just as EVERY team does. Do not sit here and badmouth a team. These kids did what they could.

As for Ooltewah, congratulations on a great season. I was sorry to see it end so quickly, but this was clearly a great team.

Ok im not glad to see Ooltewah losing to Cleveland but seroulsly gimme a break, its Cleveland, WOW, Ooltewah should have killed them and i guess seeing the Ooltewah get that far was a FLUKE!! Good season but really poor loss.....

Edited by CaNyOuTaKeIt

Please explain-

"And as I've said before, very few players who start out as freshmen end up playing as seniors. "

Is this a Red Bank thing? Because all the freshmen I remember starting at other schools end up playing as seniors.

825675520[/snapback]

His argument is that players who come out as underclassmen get discouraged and don't want to play as upperclassmen. I don't know if I believe that, but that's his opinion. Bumper is a good coach out there in the Lion's Den.

His argument is that players who come out as underclassmen get discouraged and don't want to play as upperclassmen.  I don't know if I believe that, but that's his opinion.  Bumper is a good coach out there in the Lion's Den.

825675529[/snapback]

Call it "opinion" if you want, grad, but do the math. Know of any other teams that never have more than 3 seniors? Think about it.....

Call it "opinion" if you want, grad, but do the math.  Know of any other teams that never have more than 3 seniors?  Think about it.....

825675768[/snapback]

I completely understand what you're saying. And I'm not necessarily saying it's incorrect. I just don't know enough about RB to make that call. Ooltewah had 2 seniors last year...well, 3, but two that played.