Mikie Minor

FHSFAN

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea how many pitches did he thorw last night...10 innings thats alot!

825675877[/snapback]

He only threw 126 pitches. That is not bad this late in the season and considering the amount of innings, 10. His arm is fine.

you're crazy...the kid is a junior. 126 pitches is bad on anyone's arm. if i had 22 K's in 10 innings i would swell up and say my arm was fine too. and im not saying he's lying, but that puts alot on a young man's arm. cause think about it...if it was 10 innings then there had to be some major pressure situations where he had to swell up or many breaking pitches. no one's arm is "fine" after a 126 pitch, 10 inning game.

I have to disagree with you on that one. 126 is a lot of pitches, but it's not necessarily going to hurt his arm. If he doesn't do it all the time that is. If his coach is dumb and makes him go 9+ innings/120+ pitches every game he'll have some eventually.

you're crazy...the kid is a junior.  126 pitches is bad on anyone's arm.  if i had 22 K's in 10 innings i would swell up and say my arm was fine too.  and im not saying he's lying, but that puts alot on a young man's arm.  cause think about it...if it was 10 innings then there had to be some major pressure situations where he had to swell up or many breaking pitches.  no one's arm is "fine" after a 126 pitch, 10 inning game.

825675947[/snapback]

Trust me Mikie's arm is fine. He is and always has been a professional about his pitching. He knows where his future is at and he will not abuse himself. Mikie has been pitching for as long as I can remember. 126 pitches is getting to the limit but if the game went any further both pitchers had to come out. As far as major pressure situations I think Mt. Pleasant only got one batter to 2nd base. Mikie throws alot of different pitches but that 90 mph fastball looks like a bb coming in there to the batter. If you don't buy the 90 mph just ask any of the scouts and coaches who have clocked him this year, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, Tennessee last night. Mikie threw a perfect game in front of the Mississippi State coach. :ph34r:

Did he move or did he just change schools?

825675810[/snapback]

Mikie has lived here since he was little. I don't remember him from Tee Ball but that wouldn't be a surprize since we usually had about 16 teams. One of the reason's Forrest is such a good team is their core players, the juniors and the senior Johnson, (he is a young senior) have all been playing together and against each other since Tee Ball. Skelly is the only new addition and I don't think Coach Hardison went out and recruited him to come to a class A school. :ph34r: