CCS vs Grace

redandwhiteforever

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish that some of you guys would get off of Carlos' back.  He is a very good keeper and has kept Grace in a lot of games.  I would put him up against any goalie in town and probably in the state and I would expect that he could hold his own.  If Grace goes to the tournament he will be one of the big reasons why.  Who did the scoring for Grace and CCS?

825676165[/snapback]

I agree! Carlos is a VERY GOOD keeper. He's got heart and talent for the game. I think it was pretty obvious the CSAS fans knew that too, especially the way they were trying to mess with his head. BUT I think it goes too far when they start threatening someone. Awesome job Carlos.... CSAS fans, you really impressed me last night. Maybe emotions got in the way of sportsmanship and you got caught up in the moment. We can hope so at least.

GREAT JOB GRACE

im sry grace golden eagles that i wasnt on last night....

umm i think it will be a very tight game. i hope ccs takes it to grace for all the crap grace has been saying on this thing. grace i just want to say u guys talk way to much on this thing and should be like other teams who just keep their mouths shut. because of all the talking ccs has a bigger reason to take it to yall.

im sry grace golden eagles that i wasnt on last night....

umm i think it will be a very tight game. i hope ccs takes it to grace for all the crap grace has been saying on this thing. grace i just want to say u guys talk way to much on this thing and should be like other teams who just keep their mouths shut. because of all the talking ccs has a bigger reason to take it to yall.

825676451[/snapback]

Honestly, I don't think the actual Grace players are talking. Grace Golden Eagles is an alumni who likes to stay involved. I personally think that he is not helping Grace, because it gets the other teams fired up, but that is his decision.

I agree it isn't the actual Grace players talking its their fans like me and grace golden eagles cuz we represent our team and there is obviously no harm in doing that. I think fans are a huge benefactor in games and what helps a team win or lose and i agree that because of us hardcore Grace fans we help cheer our team on to victory. as for the game on thursday i have no idea who will win i think either team could i've heard good things from both teams i think it is honestly up for grabs for both teams so i wish good luck to them both and i will hopefully be there to chear my team on. Good Luck Guys!

This should be a good match up. Both teams like to pass the wall around. Both teams ahve good defenses. If this game goes into OT, i wouldnt be suprised. I have no idea who will win this game b/c the top 2 teams from both districts were all pretty much even this year. Good luck to both teams..i wont be there..CAK vs Lenoir City is where its at thumb

I really like both teams. I wish that neither would have to be put out of the tournament. Both seem very competitive and have a lot of heart. I only saw CCS play one time and they almost beat McCallie 'cause they kept the ball out of their net time after time. If they play a full game like they played the last 13 minutes in the McCallie game, I would expect that they will win and do well at state. Good "Grace" to both teams.

You are right. This game could be a defensive struggle. If CCS plays as hard as they have the last two games the game will be very close.

Grace does have a good defense. It saved their hide against CSAS. That game was very similar to last years' regional semifinal but CSAS converted their chances in overtime. They like to sneak Hauser [#2?] into the offensive end on direct kicks. He will also make a run from in back and his teamates know to look for him running unmarked. That is how he was able to get an open look and put in the game winner at the 78th minute.

Grace's offense tries to find Moss most times down the field. He was no factor in the first half when CSAS really possessed the ball and Grace couldn't get anything done and seemed to be hanging on for dear life. Moss was man marked by Chris Banks and got more touches in the second half by diagonal runs away from the center of the field to shield his defender. He is very physical and would try to beat Banks with his strength and size after getting to the ball. The two went to war with Banks not letting him get his usual shots. Offensively they have about 3-4 guys [including Hauser]who can drive the ball if allowed to take a shot from 25-30 yards in. They must be quickly marked.

In years past CCS seemed to have one or two scorers who knew how to finish i.e.Duble, Trimiew, Courtney, etc. This year is an exception. They don't have as many skilled players overall either. But here at years' end they are playing very hard and playing as a team. With the return of Neilson they are more versatle and can rotate more players in and out. They will sub alot more players than Grace and this will pay dividends if it is hot or the field is soggy. Their defense is not as good as Grace's overall but if they again play hard and CCS controls play there will be few scoring oppertunities.

Prediction? Grace 1-0 off a set play.

Congratulations to CSAS on a good year. Coach Rivers started three freshmen and two sophomores. They beat CCS, Boyd and Red Bank in away games by a combined score of 6-0. They lost to Baylor 1-0 and tied Notre Dame in away games as well. Coach took them to their first undefeated regular season district title.

Edited by sportdude

very nice post sportdude...very informative and i appreciate it greatly. about grace talking too much on here: its the fans that do all the talking, not the players. the players arnt even allowed to post on this website. if they are caught then its big trouble. we grace fans just like to have fun and talk it up. half the time we post things just to get things stirred up and get things going about a . i mean, anyone that was at the Grace vs CSAS knows that the grace fans like to have a lot of fun and be loud and support our team. also, to tell you the truth, what grace's players hear about what is being said on coacht gets them fired up as well. thank you DD for the shoutout. i think tomorrow is going to be an amazing . i will agree that i think it will be a defensive battle and the winner will take the win with one goal.

I will be there being loud and crazy along with many other grace fans and im pulling for the eagles all the way.

i predict a 1-0 win for grace, but i realize CCS is a great team and it could very easily go the other way. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!!