Who wins Huntongdon vs USJ?

necvol

Probably will be J.P. Powell vs Spencer Nelson on the mound.

First game not close but the Mustangs showed the Bruins who's boss in the second meeting. I look for a dog fight with Huntingdon likely to win at home.

The Bruins better not make errors and the bats must make a lot of noise for them to have a chance.

IMO, both Huntingdon and USJ will be in Memphis regardless of who wins tonite!!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think this game will be close...the Huntingdon loss was a fluke...USJ would have lost to a Little League team in the 96.5 tournament...they never showed up to play during that whole tournament...Youre right though necvol, we cant continue to make 4 or 5 errors a game...you cant score enough runs in Memphis to cover up 4 or 5 errors a game. GO BRUINS!!!

USJ would have lost to a Little League team

Must of been some  pretty good Little League programs in the 96.5 classic to beat the mighty USJ Bruins.  No J.P. won't be on the mound today.

825676634[/snapback]

Huntingdon Mustangs...2005 96.5 Little League Classic Champions!!! Congratulations!!! thumb

Huntingdon Mustangs...2005 96.5 Little League Classic Champions!!! Congratulations!!! thumb

825676681[/snapback]

This post is amazing. The 96.5 Classic is a great tournament run by Lexington High School and sponsored by ESPN radio in Lexington. Good teams like Hardin County, Lexington, Huntingdon, Knoxville Central, and yes, even USJ competed. The fact that you have sour grapes because you didn't win or weren't even in the championship is immature.

I usually just read posts and rarely respond. However, this season there are about three or four USJ supporters that like to post on behalf of their team. I think this is great. Stats, updates, congratulating players who are doinng well, etc. When USJ loses, I don't see boxscores. When someone mentions USJ and doesn't apply praise, you all turn to childish mockery (which I'm sure my post will endure also).

Grow up, let your kids be kids (it doesn't last long), and good luck with AA next season. Bruceton, Dresden, and Fayette Academy won't be between you and Memphis. Covington, Ripley, North Side, Milan, Dyer Co., and Dyersburg will.

This post is amazing.  The 96.5 Classic is a great tournament run by Lexington High School and sponsored by ESPN radio in Lexington.  Good teams like Hardin County, Lexington, Huntingdon, Knoxville Central, and yes, even USJ competed.  The fact that you have sour grapes because you didn't win or weren't even in the championship is immature.

I usually just read posts and rarely respond.  However, this season there are about three or four USJ supporters that like to post on behalf of their team.  I think this is great.  Stats, updates, congratulating players who are doinng well, etc.  When USJ loses, I don't see boxscores.  When someone mentions USJ and doesn't apply praise, you all turn to childish mockery (which I'm sure my post will endure also). 

Grow up, let your kids be kids (it doesn't last long), and good luck with AA next season.  Bruceton, Dresden, and Fayette Academy won't be between you and Memphis.  Covington, Ripley, North Side, Milan, Dyer Co., and Dyersburg will.

825676688[/snapback]

You should read the rest of the posts before you jump all over somebody. We supporters of USJ are sincerely sorry we couldnt have provided a better CoachT experience for you. Have a nice day. :blink:

Tonite's game will go a long way toward either confirming the theory that USJ just plain did not play anywhere close to their capability in the 96.5 Tourney or it will tell us that Huntingdon, in fact, is on the same level as the Bruins. I agree with Hobock that for whatever reason (loss of Hunter Garrett/Will Dement or other reasons) USJ just was not into the 96.5 Tourney. The Bruins play was totaly lackluster and far below their capability.

OR

If Huntingdon puts it on the Bruins tonite like they did in Lexington it will justify WestTN's (and other 'stang supporters) position that us Bruin supporters (you and me Hobock) are near sited and can't see the forest for the trees. In other words that USJ is not near the team that we believe them to be.

I think I know the answer but we'll see!!!

If Huntingdon wins I'll be the first one to say congrats just like I did in Lexington.

Edited by necvol

I agree with westtnsports! For the most part, the USJ fans act with class, but there are a couple of you on here who disagree with anything that is not glorious about USJ. You did not play well in the Lexington tournament. We don't want to hear all the excuses, just admit you did not play well and go on. I think it is interesting that when USJ has lost, you do not hear a peep from any of you! You just need to play the game and act with some class.

I agree with westtnsports!  For the most part, the USJ fans act with class, but there are a couple of you on here who disagree with anything that is not glorious about USJ.  You did not play well in the Lexington tournament.  We don't want to hear all the excuses, just admit you did not play well and go on.  I think it is interesting that when USJ has lost, you do not hear a peep from any of you!  You just need to play the game and act with some class.

825676777[/snapback]

All I will say on this issue is that I haven't seen any boxscores of any team around Jackson when they lose. Why, cause nobody wants to dwell on it. Yeah, we like to talk about the wins, give the players some props, etc., exchange alittle friendly bantor, but so what.....that is what this board is about. You haven't seen me on here hating on Lexington, Huntington, Milan, SS, etc. because I know a lot of their players, coached alot of them too....all fine kids and all with great/supportive parents (and yes, some are vocal as they have a right to be). Don't group the masses together based on the opinions of a few on here. I admire all of the local teams, and cheer for the players that I know on them, however, my allegiance currently stands with USJ for obvious reasons. It's not dissing the others, it's just part of the game. :blink:

Tonite's game will go a long way toward either confirming the theory that USJ just plain did not play anywhere close to their capability in the 96.5 Tourney or it will tell us that Huntingdon, in fact, is on the same level as the Bruins. I agree with Hobock that for whatever reason (loss of Hunter Garrett/Will Dement or other reasons) USJ just was not into the 96.5 Tourney. The Bruins play was totally lackluster and far below their capability.

OR

If Huntingdon puts it on the Bruins tonite like they did in Lexington it will justify WestTN's (and other 'stang supporters) position that us Bruin supporters (you and me Hobock) are near sited and can't see the forest for the trees. In other words that USJ is not near the team that we believe them to be.

I think I know the answer but we'll see!!!

If Huntingdon wins I'll be the first one to say congrats just like I did in Lexington.

825676762[/snapback]

Great post necvol...If the Mustangs win tonight Ill be right behind you congratulating them...Im never surprised at the amount of dislike for USJ...nobody likes a team that wins all the time...WELCOME BACK HUNTER!!!

Great post necvol...If the Mustangs win tonight Ill be right behind you congratulating them...Im never surprised at the amount of dislike for USJ...nobody likes a team that wins all the time...WELCOME BACK HUNTER!!!

825676799[/snapback]

Is Hunter back and able to play? Always hate to see injury end a season. esp for a senior.