Top 10 in AAA

play2live

I got nothing better to do, so I made my top ten of teams still alive to start talk. Let me know if you agree, disagree, or think a team or two should be switched.

1)Hendersonville: They have been dominant all year, beating Brentwood and only losing to Parkview and Father Ryan.

2)Brentwood: Just because they are the only team in AAA that has given Hendersonville a run for their money.

3)McMinn County: They can score probably quicker than any other team and for that they can beat anyone on any given day.

4)Bearden: Stiffling defense that has held many great teams scoreless.

5)Farragut: Defending state champs that are finally reaching their potential and must be a team to whatch out for during the tournament.

6)Rossview: They have beaten some top teams and are also peaking at the right point.

7)Soddy Daisy: They have beaten McMinn County and are doing great this year.

8)Blackman: Great team, but their lack of beating only decent teams by a goal keeps me wondering if they can beat McMinn County or Soddy Daisy to get to State.

9)Houston: Don't know much about them, but they have beaten some quality teams and history says they will make it to state.

10)Glencliff: They've beaten some top teams, which shows me they are underrated.

11)Bartlett/Cordova: They play tommorrow (I think), which will tell us more, as I know very little about this part of Tennessee.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't understand the love for McMinn County.  There were five AAA teams better than them last year in the state tournament.  Plus, some good teams didn't make it.

825677286[/snapback]

Maybe that is your loss. Seems that the statement about the tournament is a bit harsh; and, maybe, not all together correct.

I got nothing better to do, so I made my top ten of teams still alive to start talk.  Let me know if you agree, disagree, or think a team or two should be switched.

1)Hendersonville:  They have been dominant all year, beating Brentwood and only losing to Parkview and Father Ryan.

2)Brentwood:  Just because they are the only team in AAA that has given Hendersonville a run for their money.

3)McMinn County:  They can score probably quicker than any other team and for that they can beat anyone on any given day.

4)Bearden:  Stiffling defense that has held many great teams scoreless.

5)Farragut:  Defending state champs that are finally reaching their potential and must be a team to whatch out for during the tournament.

6)Rossview:  They have beaten some top teams and are also peaking at the right point.

7)Soddy Daisy:  They have beaten McMinn County and are doing great this year.

8)Blackman:  Great team, but their lack of beating only decent teams by a goal keeps me wondering if they can beat McMinn County or Soddy Daisy to get to State.

9)Houston:  Don't know much about them, but they have beaten some quality teams and history says they will make it to state.

10)Glencliff:  They've beaten some top teams, which shows me they are underrated.

11)Bartlett/Cordova:  They play tommorrow (I think), which will tell us more, as I know very little about this part of Tennessee.

825676802[/snapback]

Great assesment, I have been gone and not able to follow up things at this important time but Play2live has a good insight. Unfortunately 1 or two favorites will not make it to state. Saturday will bring the true day of reckoning and will see some expected to go staying home. After tonights game I will give you some more insights on the unexpected I see possible

Let me educate:

Oak Ridge, Brentwood, Hendersonville, Houston, and Farragut were the 5 teams better than McMinn County at last year's state tournament.

Sorry, but true!

825678048[/snapback]

Thanks for the education. If I remember correctly, Farragut played 2 games following the McMinn win. I believe that neither of the opponents scored against Farragut. McMinn was able to score 3 goals in the loss. Your educational point seems to be biased.

Sorry, but true.

No bias here. I'm not affiliated with any of these teams.

I saw the game you are referring to. Farragut had plenty of subs in for the 3 goals. As soon as they returned, the beating resumed.

Farragut didn't score 7 goals vs. anyone else but McMinn County.

Yes, SEVEN.

Ouch!!!

No bias here.  I'm not affiliated with any of these teams.

I saw the game you are referring to.  Farragut had plenty of subs in for the 3 goals.  As soon as they returned, the beating resumed. 

Yes, SEVEN. 

Ouch!!!

825678332[/snapback]

Please accept my humblest apology. You seem to be all knowing and all seeing. Of course, you must be correct. So, now you can go on back and rag on Rossview.

No bias here.  I'm not affiliated with any of these teams.

I saw the game you are referring to.  Farragut had plenty of subs in for the 3 goals.  As soon as they returned, the beating resumed. 

Yes, SEVEN. 

Ouch!!!

825678332[/snapback]

the score was 7-3....if i recall it was 4-3 with under 9 minutes remaining...mcminn also made some changes, gambling to get another score, leaving the defense vulnerable...farragut capitalized on it. i think farragut beat oakridge 5-0 and houston 5-0 (they also substituted in those games). now if my math serves me well, they only beat mcminn by 4 and the other two by 5 and also gave them both a goose egg.

you may not be biased for any of these teams but are obviously biased against mcminn. your reasoning is very one sided...besides, in last years tourney it was farragut and 7 other teams...and that is a fact.