State Meet Predictions

WestRun.com

Bryan Webb in the 400...what about John Hewitt from Franklin? Does a 47.99 at Great Eight give him a chance against Bryan Webb?

825680889[/snapback]

Hewitt does have a good chance at the 400, but putting the two together will push them both. Bryan has put up more impressive 200 times than Hewitt and in the end I believe that will be the deciding factor. Also, Bryan is a senior and defending his title from last year, which are some mental things that give him an edge.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryan Webb in the 400...what about John Hewitt from Franklin? Does a 47.99 at Great Eight give him a chance against Bryan Webb?

825680889[/snapback]

Hewitt's 47.99 was on a nice day on Vanderbilt's mondo track. He hasn't run under 48.5 since. I don't think he has the pure speed to beat Webb, but he can push him no doubt. Look at his 200 time compared to Webb's. 22.0 to 21.7. Hewitt would have to have a heck of a race.

Webb's 47.97 was on a blustery cold morning on UT's track. He beat Simeon Harris by 4 tenths, who had beat him by a full second 2 months before in indoor. Webb also ran a 48.05 all by himself to shatter the sectional record. I think the best thing Hewitt is gonna do is just push Webb and get him down into the low 47's or MAYBE even the high 46's. Webb hasn't lost all year, and he a fierce enough competitor to keep it that way. He is this kind of competitor: you guys are thinking if its possible to beat him, while he's thinking about if its possible for him to break the state record.

Edited by BHSfootball

I did these fast, I did some by form, I did some by best marks, I did some with my eyes closed, but take them as you may. If you want to know my thoughts on each event, go to this link and look at 5/23/2005:

Predictions

A/AA Boys Team Scores

1 Mitchell 81

1 Raleigh Egypt 81

3 Martin Luther King 78

4 Franklin Road Academy 40

5 Page 39

6 Covington 27

7 Booker T. Washington 26

7 David Lipscomb 26

9 Ripley 25

10 Elizabethton 21

11 Creek Wood 20

Although Raleigh Egypt may not win the boys A/AA, it was making me sick to see all the people putting down Michael Joyner and Raleigh Egypt for being good last year. If you are passionate about Track and a purist, then you want everybody to do well and if 1 person is good enough to win it all, then I say let them. Anyways, we have a 3 team battle that could go anybody's way depending who steps up and who falters. MLK has done a heck of a job developing a program that has surpassed the former powerhouse FRA. MLK is really solid all around with distance, sprints and field events. Mitchell and Raleigh Egypt are the class of sprinting programs in A/AA. Page has a speedster in James Vaughn that you should watch out for. FRA has the top all around athlete in John Souder in a weak A/AA decathlon. Creek Wood has Daniel Jones the best distance runner. Other than that, again it should be a tight race for the top 3.

A/AA Girls Team Scores

1 Mitchell 88

2 David Lipscomb 67

3 Chattanooga Christian School 51

3 Trezevant 51

5 Austin East 49

6 Lenoir City 31

7 Raleigh Egypt 29

8 Anderson County 28

9 Sullivan Central 25

10 Creek Wood 24

11 Christ Presbyterian Academy 22

12 Hume-Fogg 21

13 Goodpasture 20

13 Harpeth 20

Mitchell is just better and has more depth than anybody else. They are very fast and have some youngsters that will only get better. David Lipscomb could get 2nd with just a group of girls that nobody has heard of, but are obviously doing something right. Chattanooga Christian School will miss Heather Trimiew next year who is the best pure athlete in A/AA boy or girl and would fit right in with the AAA girls. I don't no anything about Trezevant, only that they have enough events covered to get as high as 3rd. Austin East is 2 girls, Bianca Blair in the hurdles and Jenae Anderson in the sprints. Lenoir City gets 31 points at state and then comes up to AAA next year where none of their girls would have gotten out in Section 1-AAA. Good luck next year Lenoir City. Oh yea, Hume-Fogg, last years Raleigh Egypt in girls gets 21 points, so they must not have been a 1 person team last year. My final conclusion is Mitchell dominates and A/AA boys or girls has proven that if AAA gets 16 places at state next year, A/AA needs to just keep their 8.

Man,

I saw michael in the Sectionals last year! No one needs to put that cat down. He was awesome!

Crusader

I did these fast, I did some by form, I did some by best marks, I did some with my eyes closed, but take them as you may. If you want to know my thoughts on each event, go to this link and look at 5/23/2005:

Predictions

A/AA Boys Team Scores 

1  Mitchell  81

1  Raleigh Egypt  81

3  Martin Luther King  78

4  Franklin Road Academy  40

5  Page  39

6  Covington  27

7  Booker T. Washington  26

7  David Lipscomb  26

9  Ripley  25

10  Elizabethton  21

11  Creek Wood  20

Although Raleigh Egypt may not win the boys A/AA, it was making me sick to see all the people putting down Michael Joyner and Raleigh Egypt for being good last year. If you are passionate about Track and a purist, then you want everybody to do well and if 1 person is good enough to win it all, then I say let them. Anyways, we have a 3 team battle that could go anybody's way depending who steps up and who falters. MLK has done a heck of a job developing a program that has surpassed the former powerhouse FRA. MLK is really solid all around with distance, sprints and field events. Mitchell and Raleigh Egypt are the class of sprinting programs in A/AA. Page has a speedster in James Vaughn that you should watch out for. FRA has the top all around athlete in John Souder in a weak A/AA decathlon. Creek Wood has Daniel Jones the best distance runner. Other than that, again it should be a tight race for the top 3.

A/AA Girls Team Scores

1  Mitchell  88

2  David Lipscomb  67

3  Chattanooga Christian School  51

3  Trezevant  51

5  Austin East  49

6  Lenoir City  31

7  Raleigh Egypt  29

8  Anderson County  28

9  Sullivan Central  25

10  Creek Wood  24

11  Christ Presbyterian Academy  22

12  Hume-Fogg  21

13  Goodpasture  20

13  Harpeth  20

Mitchell is just better and has more depth than anybody else. They are very fast and have some youngsters that will only get better. David Lipscomb could get 2nd with just a group of girls that nobody has heard of, but are obviously doing something right. Chattanooga Christian School will miss Heather Trimiew next year who is the best pure athlete in A/AA boy or girl and would fit right in with the AAA girls. I don't no anything about Trezevant, only that they have enough events covered to get as high as 3rd. Austin East is 2 girls, Bianca Blair in the hurdles and Jenae Anderson in the sprints. Lenoir City gets 31 points at state and then comes up to AAA next year where none of their girls would have gotten out in Section 1-AAA. Good luck next year Lenoir City. Oh yea, Hume-Fogg, last years Raleigh Egypt in girls gets 21 points, so they must not have been a 1 person team last year. My final conclusion is Mitchell dominates and A/AA boys or girls has proven that if AAA gets 16 places at state next year, A/AA needs to just keep their 8.

825681116[/snapback]